Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1213

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Crown Perfumery Eau Russe for me. LOL

Aquatic a family I hate with a passion.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    No idea what to wear for water...... I might have a SL sample somewhere just called L'eau (I think). It had a white packet....
    Yeah, and inside was, well , L'eau. Not one of SL's big hits.

I'll do an Acqua. Acqua di Sicilia. It is not watery or aquatic though. It is a robust citrus Cologne with something like cypress to give it an extra twang. One of my old fragrance buddies. I love it.

On the l'eau goes.

Quite tame for him. Pleasant whiff of neroli-ish, lavenderish clean shirts. A minty sparkle in there emerging with a clean floral. It's not bad actually. Clean and laundry bright for those who want that sort of thing. Like a clean just washed linen shirt. None of his normal spicy gourmandy stuff, just clean like scrubbed skin. I wonder if it could disguise an after work body to smell just washed! I'm not going to try that but I reckon it could. I wouldn't have guessed SG on a blind sniff with this one.
    Currently wearing: Gilda by Pierre Wulff

I'm in sparkly "clear water"- Hermes Eau Claire des Merveilles. Not an aquatic , I took some creative liberties this week.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I went the same way, PerfumedLady, but I was thinking I wasn't being creative enough! "Marvellous Water" is such a literal translation for Eau des Merveilles, but it still makes me think of actual water more than most fragrances in my wardrobe that happen to have "eau" in their names but don't have much to do with water, and certainly aren't considered aquatics, either.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Synching in...Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella

Evangeline, you are always plenty creative! I'm glad you posted the pic, now that's an ad campaign I absolutely love! Would post the Eau Claire ad, which I adore, except I am on the Kindle. Probably a way to do it but I'm not savvy enough to figure it out!

Yes, Eau Claire has a very watery vibe as well, I think. Sheer enough for summer, cozy and powdery enough for winter- I really love this one! A great four season scent. Need to wear this much more often!

In Chanel No5 Eau de Cologne vintage formulation from a wonderful BN friend. Just gorgeous! Whilst I love No5 in all it's formulations this old stuff sure has some skank in there

Ile D'Amour EDT by Fragonard,
    Islands,even imaginary ones, are surrounded by water
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!

Somewhat uncreative yet in-synch with the last of my small decant of Silver Mountain Water. I have to admit, I've harbored a bit of a disdain for the Creed brand philosophy, and the first few of their fragrances I tried did not impress me. This, however, is very nice, and may end up on my shelf sooner rather than later...

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Traversee du Bosphore perhaps?
    I've thought of Traversee as well but then couldn't find a sample of it, it seems I have emptied them all.

I'm not a big fan of most aquatic scents, especially not in cold weather so I pulled out my sample of Baume du Doge from Eau d'Italie. Swoon...

For Water, my choice is Shi by Alfred Sung. "Shi" means water in Japanese and Chinese, and the top of the cap shows a pictogram/character of the word

I like this light aquatic with its frangipani notes.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Syncing in Aqva Marine -it works on me like D&G Lt.Blue (when it smells good on someone) where Lt.Blue falls apart on my skin.
    Fragrance Omnivore
    Currently wearing: Walk On Air by Kate Spade

heart of ice

Scent twins with Evangeline, I'm also wearing Eau Des Merveilles today. I daydream of deserted beaches and sun-dried skin, salty waves tickling my toes while wearing this. One of my very favorites!

Tonight, I'm digging out the decant of Carthusia Ligea "La Sirena" ... It's named for a mermaid ... that should bring on some more water-y daydreams!
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Cuir by Lancôme

Blog Entries

Hey, triplets!

I too am wearing Eau des Merveilles but in the body cream with the new L'Ambra des Merveilles over top.
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville

heart of ice

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Hey, triplets!

I too am wearing Eau des Merveilles but in the body cream with the new L'Ambra des Merveilles over top.
    Oooohhh I'm really wanting to test that!
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Cuir by Lancôme

Giving the synch a miss today. This theme requires a bit of thought and all my brain power is being used up elsewhere today! I'm interested to see what others come up with though.

Happy synching!

I'm in L'air du desert Marocain today. The "why" is quite simple: I felt like finally giving a full test drive to my sample. I think it would work even better on a cold, grey day. It's not luminous enough to match the beautiful, crisp morning sunshine.

Hi y'all!

I'm in sync in Mauboussin Pour Elle, which I bought in Melbourne when we were there for the Australian Open in January. I must admit that I bought it primarily for the bottle after a very cursory sniff that let me know it was pleasant enough, but it was too hot to wear there anyway, so I'm only getting to know it now that it's cooler here. As it turns out, it's a luscious and buttery fruity-floral-gourmand featuring a tantalizing rhubarb note, and I really like it!

It was created in 2011 by Olivier Cresp and Nathalie Lorson, and its notes are rhubarb, red berries, orange blossom, jasmine, rose, gardenia, caramel, amber and sandalwood.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Not joining in today.
    DONNA

As a Army brat I moved about every 3-4 years growing up,but we didn't travel all that much for amusement.So I'm going to be very literal in my choice today : Mary Kay's Journey.
    Fragrance Omnivore
    Currently wearing: Walk On Air by Kate Spade

Another truant here, like devilcat this one requires me to think creatively and there's just no time for that today. While I do use travel as opportunity to sniff and sample locally unavailable fragrances, I haven't actually made a purchase while traveling since my early 20's. I'm picky and usually overwhelmed by in store sampling. It's better for me to order decants once back home (if samples are not offered) of those that perked up my nose.

I guess I could have gone with something picked up in Chicago but those don't feel very traveled to me! They only had a few hours by car to my house, don't think they count.

I saw my journey and started to think deep thoughts about the fragrance that encompassed my life's path from a young child to who I am today... then decided I was thinking too hard for a Friday morning, and applied a recent favorite that I picked up during my last trip - the Las Vegas BN meet-up: Guerlain Homme Intense. This was recommended to me by Redneck Perfumisto, and though I usually give a fragrance some time and testing, I tried this one out and picked it up about an hour later on the spot. It's a kind of off melange of just-sweet-enough woods, with the rhubarb and a hint of mint from the opening mojito accord sticking around well into the heart. It's odd: cooling, yet warm, and I think the patchouli really plays a part without really announcing itself. I have a hard time really putting my finger on what I like about it. But I do like it.

Blog Entries

Hi everyone. For todays synch.... no contest. I am onto this one!! It has to be Santa Maria Novella Peau D'Espagne because it symbolises many journeys for me. First smelled in Florence at the shop in Via della Scalla many years ago, bought in Lucca last year.

To me, it symbolises my journey through my love of fragrance. I recoiled when I first smelled this. I thought that it was incredible but it is very challenging. Now, many years later, I genuinely adore it. It symbolises my fragrant journey to a comfortable and preferred place. I see my journey in it, and I couldn't give two hoots if anyone else thinks it stinks!

It also symbolises my journeys to Italy, a love affair that will never end, and of course, my journey through the most important love of my life. He was with me when I first smelled this and he was with me on the trip when I bought it. So many journeys in this fragrance, so many loves.

Oh, what a nice post, Foustie! Compared to your fragrant journey with Peau D'Espagne my Mauboussin just seems like some smelly souvenir!

I really thought more people would be playing along today ...I suppose I thought everyone brought home a new perfume when they traveled.

So a fragrance that makes you feel sexy.

Now this could be interesting

queen of the universe

My Sin vintage Eau de Lanvin. What else? Ah, Magie Noire would work, too, and then there is Habanita. I didn't realize I had such a sexy 'drobe!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Odalisque by Nicolaï

LouLou
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, sex in a bottle.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Hello everyone. Well I had to really think about this one today. I have long been aware that I don't actually find fragrance sexy, interesting yes, attractive, oh yes, sensual certainly, irresistable even. I love it! I have followed behind a man in the supermarket just to catch his trail of Terre D'Hermes! But I very rarely find it sexy.

If I had to choose something because I wanted to feel va va voom, it would be Tabac Blond or Chanel Coco , neither of which I am wearing today.

I am interested to see what you all suggest!