Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Hello fellow syncers!

I'm in Cartier's So Pretty, which definitely counts because I bought it in the São Paulo/Guarulhos duty-free.

There's really nothing else about it that might bring to mind Latin America - it's a rich and rosy chypre - but I don't think I have any fragrances that would do that on their own, so I had to make it by personal association.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Coconut is a great idea. I have some coconut edt by Yves Rocher.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    This certainly is beachy, though; making me crave sun, sand & warmth. Where's my cabana boy with my umbrella topped cocktail?
    I'm with you, sister. I'm ready to go.

Myrurgia is a Spanish company, not Latin American. Although I suppose you could stretch it because I'm sure plenty of people in Latin America wear Myrurgia fragrances.

I was thinking Oscar de la Renta, too, because he was born in Dominican Republic. But I don't have any. I was hoping to sample Esprit d'Oscar soon, but I haven't gotten to it.

I suppose it will be Habanita for me, but later today.

hey everybody. you all smell wonderful today. chose a cheapie but goodie. longevity is not that good though in my opinion. i wish you all a great day as well as a great weekend.

Synching in Habanita from a sample sent by a kind fellow BNer. Enjoyed it a great deal

Lilybelle, let's book our flight! Let the Mr.s stay home and work while we lounge!

I really can't get over how much I like Coconut Milk. Honestly, the best way to keep me away from your baked goods and candies is to cover them with coconut. But this scent just has something- I love the way the milk (or some people refer to it as coconut water) note grounds this, never becomes overly sweet. Settles into a very lush skin scent in the drydown.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Sounds good, PerfumedLady.

I couldn't handle Habanita today. I love it but I wasn't in the mood for it. I went with Pleasures Exotic, with its mango note that I love. Mangoes are imported into the USA from Latin American countries. So I'm in synch, right?

I love the way that this synch is making us think. In fact I love the way that all synchs make me think, make me choose something that I may not have chosen, and also make me think about the fragrance as I am wearing it.

I was in Habanita today with donna and alityke. I am very fortunate to have a little extrait given by a Basenotes friend. I wore it for many hours today. I enjoyed the experience, and I understand why it is so well thought of. I will get around to trying the EDT.

Lillybelle, I declare that you are a fickle flibbertigibbet of a girl

Blog Entries

Hi everybody!
    Let me post here real quick, and then read who wears what.
    I am in sync wearing DSH American Beauty. I believe it counts since America is a large continent, and there is no reason to forget to include South and Central America under the general name. Plus, really love that rose, that's a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Lillybelle, I declare that you are a fickle flibbertigibbet of a girl
    I know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I know.
    No sad faces allowed, we adore you the way you are!

Another vote for Habanita! A classic tobacco and leather!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    No sad faces allowed, we adore you the way you are!
    Thank you! I adore all of you, too. I really do.

The next sync will be quite an easy one for me since I don't have many choices. If I don't take into account the scents labelled "unisex" but only marketed for men, then the options are only Egoiste and HdP 1740. I probably have some samples as well but I still need to dig through my considerable stash for them.

I may wear Givenchy Blue PH - absolutely lovely. I like Jazz by YSL too. I have quite a number of man scents. I'm not sure why. My OH wouldn't dream of wearing any scent ever. Luckily my son has a fabulous nose and can already distinguish notes and what a scent might be missing or have too much of. He owns vintage Farenheit and covets my vintage Armani. Good lad.

I have a few men's frags to choose from. I don't know what I'll want on Friday, but I promise I won't bag out like I did on Habanita. This one will easy.

Friday will be easy for me too since I only got Egoiste and a decant of Habit Rouge to choose from. I'll probably end up with Egoiste I think

Yes, I've got quite a few to choose from too. Will be a busy day at work, so probably not the time to go in reeking of Brut or Old Spice. Maybe Habit Rouge. Or else I'll steal some of my husband's Terre D'Hermes, or then again some of my son's Bleu de Chanel. The kid is away on a skiing holiday, so it would be the perfect opportunity for theft (unless of course he has taken it with him - bah!).

Oh, so looking forward to this Fri.! I am spoiled with choices thanks to Al Gae, a great BNer. Those of you who swap samples, I highly recommend forming a friendship with someone whose wardrobe is heavy on opposite gender fragrances. We are constantly learning from each other; it's wonderful!

So I get to wear a tribute to my friend, maybe his Lumiere Noire or Jubilation XXV. Or Opus 1870. Or one of the many masculine samples I have here. See what I mean? Spoiled. Thanks Al!

Hmmm.... Too many choices. Mr Ali's Issey PH and Issey Intense PH, his Prada collection, Puig Quorum, Armani etc as well as 5 male scents from Amouage, 4 from D'Orsay and Spicebomb in samples.

Leaning to Spicebomb at the moment.

queen of the universe

Monsieur Carven, which is basically Kouros cleaned up and donning a clean shirt and tie. Perfect for my first experience subbing HS math, Algebra II. Polynomials, M. Carven and I shall pwn you! Functions, I will be the mistress of your domain—and range! (Is anybody getting this?
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

For 24/02/12, this will be easy for me. I interchange genders of fragrance without even thinking of the gender!

I only think of how the scent smells and what my mood dictates.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

This will also be a very easy for me. I have loads of what are classed as Homme fragrances. My school is sniff it, buy it, wear it, sex never comes into it. LOL
    DONNA

although i have quite a few options im gonna wear Tom Ford's Violet Blonde tomorrow for the first time. i love the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by gabeinstyle View Post
    although i have quite a few options im gonna wear Tom Ford's Violet Blonde tomorrow for the first time. i love the smell.
    You'll smell awsome! I love it that TF has added an animalic facet to it.

Blog Entries

I think I'll do Amouage Lyric Man. No, even better: Amouage silver Cologne!

Well the decision has been made and Mouchoir de Monsieur is the winner for me. I remember it was only available from Harrods in the UK and I actually got someone on holiday to spray a spill for me. She wrapped it in plastic and posted it straight off. For me it was love at first sniff way back in the late 90s. Ordered a bottle and then a back up just in case you know.
    DONNA

I have found a sample of Terre d'Hermes. It gets so much love on the male forum that I was really curious about it. Well, all the love and praise are well deserved: it is a wonderful fragrance. It would be great on those days when I am in the mood for Fou d'Absinthe, Nasomatto Absinthe or Maria Amalia.

On my wishlist it goes!

Donna! Mouchoir de MonsieurFantastic choice! You smell incredible.

Bonsai, Terre D'Hermes it is lovely isn't it. Can't deny it.

Todays synch is easy for me because I wear quite a few fragrances which have been marketed as "masculine". Some are old friends, some new, and I have lots of samples too.

If I was going to be a purist today I would go for Knize Ten. BUT, look at the notes (from Les Senteurs), amber, ylang ylang, cedar, jasmine, carnation, castoreum, patchouli and civet. Hmm. Or even Original Paco Rabanne pour Homme, we have an old bottle in the house; rosemary, lavender, bergamot, sage, carnation, cedar.

But instead I will go for one of my great loves; Chanel pour Monsieur, " a gentlemans cologne". Notes are, neroli, lemon, petigrain, cardamom, cedar, oakmoss and vetiver. Girls, if you haven't already tried it, please do, and tell me what you think.

Lovely choice Gabe!

Sounds fun! I popped over from the male discussion board to play. I'm not really sure which to wear though. Most of the feminines my girlfriend loves are pretty masculine as well. Maybe you can help me choose a SOTD and I'll choose the scent of the evening? She has so many fragrances, but we'll use these as the ones to choose from:

Organza
    Mitsouko
    Shalimar
    L'Air Du Temps(vintage)
    Opium
    Tabu(vintage and modern)
    Cabochard(vintage)
    Paco Rabanne La Nuit
    Womanity

Which one?

Basenotes Plus

Hi, I also popped over form "the other side." Synchronized Fridays? Great idea! I'm in.

Today, I'll be wearing Alexander McQueen's Kingdom.

Thanks for inviting me to the party.

B

Hi boys!!! Delighted to see you. Bonsai puts a lot of work into the synch. It makes you dig deep sometimes and also to really think about the fragrance you are wearing. And we have a laugh. Have you seen some of the themes?

lovingthealien I was so tempted to say L'Air Du Temps but actually I think that Opium would be lovely. Come on girls. Help him out!
    behaju. Attaboy!

Amouage Gold Man for me today. Very very nice but another miss on my love scale from Amouage

I usually wear Jicky and I woke up today to the remnants of the 4 blasts of Tabu I sprayed on before going to bed last night.

Once the mailman shows up with my Shalimar EDP samples, I'll be wearing that for the rest of the evening.

Thanks Foustie for inviting us guys over here for today's synch!
    Mark K

Foustie, you're brilliant, as always! And you smell fantastic in one of my faves! BIG welcome to the guys joining us today, please do come back!

Lovingthealien, agree Opium would work well but a man in Shalimar always does my heart good so that's what my vote must be. You have lots of good options there, though- just jump on in!

I'm gender bending in Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme. Great sync, everyone!

OK, I'm jumping over too!

Today I will wear Womanity! This one is weird and I have worn it twice before. Once on Halloween (because it was the scariest scent I could find) and once around the first of the year. Funny thing last time I wore it...one of my co-workers has a part time job at Sephora. She came up and asked what I was wearing and I told her. Her reaction? "Ewwww...I hate that one, but it smells really good on you!"
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I want to play this game too, therefore my scent of the night is Cuir Beluga

Come on girls. Help him out!
    Givenchy III, vintage perfume concentration - nobody noticed

Quote Originally Posted by MarkStar View Post
    Thanks Foustie for inviting us guys over here for today's synch!
    You are most welcome! But thank Bonsai. She does all the work and we have the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    We noticed!

Basenotes Plus

Hurray for the visiting males!!!
    EVERYONE smells GRRRRRRRRReat! (in my best Tony the Tiger growl.)

I have a doctor appointment and a hair appointment today....let's see if I get any comments from Beene's Grey Flannel
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    Mmmmmmm..... I knew some smelt damn good. Gawd I lurve that juice

good afternoon everybody. you all smell wonderful.

Wooooh handsome in a suit! Are you wearing Tom Ford though? (Am I allowed to say things like that?)

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Monsieur Carven, which is basically Kouros cleaned up and donning a clean shirt and tie. Perfect for my first experience subbing HS math, Algebra II. Polynomials, M. Carven and I shall pwn you! Functions, I will be the mistress of your domain—and range! (Is anybody getting this?
    OMG, jujy, I just saw this post! Lol, you are hilarious-- I love the math-geek humor! Hope your subbing went well! I subbed in K-8 for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    I have a doctor appointment and a hair appointment today....let's see if I get any comments from Beene's Grey Flannel
    Mmm... I bet you smell wonderful! I've been wanting to pick up some GF. It was one of the first little Father's day gifts I bought for my dad with my own money as a kid (trying to be grown up!) and I probably have not smelled it since (or recognized it!)

What a fun synch! I love borrowing bf's frags. I'm scent twins with Bonsai today in TdH.

Hey mumsy, 1000 posts! Congrats!

I went with Chanel Pour Monsieur too - really lovely citrus chypre - although I think it suits my husband better than me. Should do the gender-bender thing more often.

I had a craving for Ineke Chemical Bonding.

I think it works for men and women in the spirit of this synch!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    This will also be a very easy for me. I have loads of what are classed as Homme fragrances. My school is sniff it, buy it, wear it, sex never comes into it. LOL
    Donna, I agree. Just wear what you like!

Today's gender-bender for me today is Mark Birley Charles Street. It's a dry leather. I save my Tuscan Leather for special wear.

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Hey mumsy, 1000 posts! Congrats!
    Weyhay and I hadn't even noticed. I'm glad I used the 1000th post for ooogling then (thanks for the pic gabeinstyle). It would have been a pity to have a boring comment (as long as you don't mind my ribaldry).

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Wooooh handsome in a suit! Are you wearing Tom Ford though? (Am I allowed to say things like that?)
    yes. i'm wearing Tom Ford's Violet Blonde. no i don't mind.

and Bonsai, you were right. it's amazing!!

You are most welcome! But thank Bonsai. She does all the work and we have the fun.
    What a great idea of you, Foustie, to invite the "other side" over here! Welcome to all! I hope some of you guys we'll become regulars here - I'm already very happy that gabainstyle has joined us, it would be great to have more of you here! Please feel free to suggest some syncs, we still have a few Fridays to fill.

I enjoyed all the comments tremendously - I think this was easily our most succesful (and probably most fun) 2012 sync so far. Oh, and I would love to meet a Shalimar-wearing man sometime!

And no, you are wrong, Foustie, I AM having a lot of fun here. It's great to see so much enthusiasm and playfullness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgie View Post
    I had a craving for Ineke Chemical Bonding.

I think it works for men and women in the spirit of this synch!
    I got to try this line at a fume shop recently..very unique line. I believe this was my fave of the bunch if I remember correctly. Or was it the Paris one? Now I will have to get some samples..

Edit: Whoever is in that suit up there pulls it off nicely! Sharp!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

good evening everybody. i need help for tomorrow. i don't have a clue what i'm gonna be able to wear for the sync. any suggestions please? will check back in the morning. thanks and have a good night

You could join me in some Shalimar, gabe!

my thoughts exactly
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

queen of the universe

Ornery Opulent Orientals! Where do I start? Shalimar of course, tho I would say my orneriest is Ralph Hot. There's also Queen by Queen Latifah, boozy gourmand and good-time, and Carlos Santana for Women with its refreshing blend of citrus + spice. Decisions, decisions—I'll post in the morning. ;-)
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

I'm back from the male board to sync up again this week! I've already decided what I'll be wearing at least part of the time tomorrow: Bal a Versailles!

I only own a couple of orientals so going with contemporary Shalimar. Getting loads of smokey incense off this today

I'm wearing Lyric Woman - my most ornery opulent orientel! A lot of vanilla and frankincense!

I'm going with Profumos Caravan No 3 Arabian series. Sand and camels here I come to the desert.

Les Nereides Imperial Opopnax, rich smokey thick as syrup, what modern Shalimar wishes it could be.
    DONNA