Next synchronized Friday

28/12/12 - The best 2012 release

Upcoming synchronized Fridays

Previous Synchronized Fridays of 2012

21/12/12 - A 180 degree fragrance: From hate to love
    14/12/12 - Four Elements 4 - Earth
    07/12/12 - Travel Theme 9 - Great White North
    30/11/12 - Your favourite gourmand
    23/11/12 - Why don't I wear it more often?
    16/11/12 - A new love from 2012 (doesn't have to be a 2012 release)
    09/11/12 - Four Elements 3 - Fire
    02/11/12 - A fragrance that makes you feel sexy
    26/10/12 - Travel Theme 8 - My journey - where and why?
    19/10/12 - Four Elements 2 - Water
    12/10/12 - A fragrance you love but hate its ad/description
    (Alternative: a fragrance that does not match its ad/description/name).
    05/10/12 - Your favourite woody scent
    28/09/12 - Four Elements 1 - Air
    21/09/12 - A bomb
    14/09/12 - Travel Theme 7 - Africa
    07/09/12 - A fragrance with a musical theme
    31/08/12 - A floral scent
    24/08/12 - A scent picked up on one of your travels
    17/08/12 - Chanel and Patou birthday party
    10/08/12 - A fragrance you associate with a painting/sculpture/photograph
    03/08/12 - Travel Theme 6 - Tropical Islands
    27/07/12 - Your favourite refreshing scent
    20/07/12 - Random sample grab
    13/07/12 - Vintage fragrance sync (25+ years of age) *reprise*
    06/07/12 - A current obsession
    29/06/12 - Your favourite scent advert / official description
    22/06/12 - Travel Theme 5 - The Far East
    15/06/12 - A Transporter
    08/06/12 - A scent from a niche house named after its founder (or a small indie/niche house)
    01/06/12 - A buried/forgotten treasure
    25/05/12 - A "pink" juice
    18/05/12 - Your most minimalistic scent
    11/05/12 - Travel Theme 4 - The Mediterranean
    04/05/12 - Blast from the Past
    27/04/12 - Your favourite leather scent
    20/04/12 - A fragrance created by Olivier or Jacques Polges *reprise*
    13/04/12 - House of Guerlain
    06/04/12 - A compliment getter / a family favourite
    30/03/12 - Travel Theme 3 - Wild Wild West
    23/03/12 - A fragrance slammed by 'The Guide' *reprise*
    16/03/12 - A scent from the wardrobe of another BNer
    09/03/12 - House of Dior (Poison if you have it) *reprise*
    02/03/12 - Ornery Opulent Oriental *reprise*
    24/02/12 - A fragrance marketed for the opposite gender
    17/02/12 - Travel Theme 2 - Latin America
    10/02/12 - A scent with a number in its name
    03/02/12 - A fragrance you associate with a book, movie or fictional character
    27/01/12 - Your most ornate scent
    20/01/12 - Shalimar sync (alternative: your favourite vanilla)
    13/01/12 - An aldehydic fragrance *reprise*
    06/01/12 - Travel Theme 1 - Arabian Nights

Synchronized Fridays of 2011

30/12/11 - Your best scent discovery of 2011
    23/12/11 - A Fragrance Praised by 'The Guide'
    16/12/11 - Your Favorite Poison *reprise on request*
    09/12/11 - A Fave Frag of Yours Slammed by 'The Guide' *reprise*
    02/12/11 - House of Ava Luxe
    25/11/11 - Your Favourite Niche Fragrance
    18/11/11 - A Scent You Initially Disliked - But Now You Love
    11/11/11 - A Patchouli Dominated Frag
    04/11/11 - A Scent You Obtained in the Most Curious Way
    28/10/11 - An Animalic Scent
    22/10/11 - Your Fave Citrusy Scent
    14/10/11 - A Fragrance From the 'Unsung Treasures Thread'
    07/10/11 - An Italian Fragrance
    30/09/11 - The Most Expensive Scent You Own
    23/09/11 - An OK scent, but it is its bottle that you love
    16/09/11 - Your Favorite Vintage Scent (25+ years of age)
    09/09/11 - A Soliflore
    02/09/11 - Your Favorite Aldehyde Bomb
    26/08/11 - Your Fave Scent of the Summer Gone By
    19/08/11 - Chanel/Patou Synch as it is Their Shared Birthday
    12/08/11 - Ornery Ornate Orient Synch
    05/08/11 - A Scent Launched Between 2001-2010
    29/07/11 - A Fave Frag of Yours Slammed by 'The Guide'
    22/07/11 - A Niche Frag From a House Named After Its Founder
    15/07/11 - An Annick Ménardo Creation
    08/07/11 - Les Exclusifs de Chanel Synch
    01/07/11 - A Scent Launched Between 1991-2000
    24/06/11 - House of Thierry Mugler
    17/06/11 - A Scent You Think is Neglected
    10/06/11 - Your Mother's Signature Scent
    03/06/11 - A Scent Launched Between 1981-1990
    27/05/11 - A Jacques or Olivier Polge Creation
    20/05/11 - House of Lancôme
    13/05/11 - Your Favorite Poison (yeah, baby)
    06/05/11 - A Scent Launched Between 1971-1980
    29/04/11 - House of Creed
    22/04/11 - A Scent Launched In Your Year of Birth
    15/04/11 - House of Annick Goutal
    08/04/11 - The First 'High End' Fragrance You Ever Owned
    01/04/11 - A Scent Launched Between 1961-1970
    25/03/11 - House of Dior
    18/03/11 - An Ernest Beaux Creation
    11/03/11 - A Jeweler's Fragrance
    04/03/11 - A Scent Launched Between 1951-1960
    25/02/11 - House of Balmain
    18/02/11 - A 5-star Fragrances From 'The Guide'
    11/02/11 - An 80s Powerhouse
    04/02/11 - A Scent Launched Between 1941-1950
    28/01/11 - An 'Old Lady' Scent
    21/01/11 - Your Favorite Cheapo
    14/01/11 - House of Yves Saint Laurent
    07/01/11 - A Scent Launched Between 1931-1940
    Last edited by bonsai; 25th December 2012 at 10:21 PM.

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Welcome to the Synchronized Fridays 2012 forum! The opportunity to wear fragrances you love, you hate or have forgotten about and to make new discoveries. The best is that you can do it together with a group of enthusiastic synchronizers and you can share your experiences.

Ideas for syncs are always welcome, please keep them coming!

You can find the old (2010-2011) forum here.
    Last edited by bonsai; 20th December 2011 at 01:19 PM.

I'm trying to fill in some of the upcoming syncs. A summary of the ideas so far:

- An aldehydic fragrance (reprise)
    - House of Ava Luxe (reprise)
    - Recurring syncs on scents associated with a colour (say one colour per month)
    - Recurring syncs on scents you associate with a landscape (say one landscape per month or per 6 weeks)
    - House of Guerlain
    - A fragrance with an even number in its name
    - A fragrance with an odd number in its name
    - A fragrance with a prime number in its name
    - Your favourite layering combination
    - A fragrance that worked as a gateway for you (e.g. a fragrance that opened the door to leather scents for you, or on classic scents, or which helped you to understand what a chypre is, etc. A scent that brought you a huge leap further on your path as a perfumista).
    - The most minimalist scent you own.
    - The most ornate scent you own.
    - A movie or book scent (same name as the movie/actor/theme, same "feeling" is evoked by the fragrance, fragrance is from the same time period /place as the movie's setting. Examples: Movie: Dune .Scent possibilities: Dune by Dior, Ysl Opium(s), R.Cavalli Oro, Bang, Poivre Samarcande, ...)
    - A woody scent
    - A scent from the wardrobe of another sync participant (or could be from the wardrobe of another BN-er)
    - Someone Else's Scent. Something you associate with another BNer (Larimar = En Avion, Evangeline = La Perla classic, Riannon = Jicky, Shades = Angel, Duc = Poison, 30R. = FdTR, Chrissie = Chamade, Quarry = With Love, Hillarie = Dia, among many), something you know they wear on a regular basis, something they introduced to you enough to spark your interest, and something that smells fabulous on them. Be in someone else's shoes and to smell what they do, for a day.)
    - The worst PINK juice (combined with the most revolting anti-feminist/sexualized teenager/yukkie-crotch-shot/blonde-bimbo-barbie-doll fragrance? - downside is we would have to wear it...)

Please comment on which syncs you would like to see on the final list and which not. Ideas on landscapes and colours are also welcome.
    Last edited by bonsai; 19th November 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Many of our synchronized fridays were such good ideas that as far as I am concerned we can repeat them.
    For example, I always enjoyed the ''scent of the opposite gender'' synch. That's how I discovered Encre Noire!
    The worst PINK juice is very funny, but having to wear it.... maybe less... However, It would be amusing!

I also like ''the most minimal scent'' ''the most ornate scent'', and the ''associated with a movie or book scent''
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Yes,I could go for repeating many of those.Aldehyde sync day had many participants-anything that's an easy sync seems to garner lots of participation.Like FrouFrou,I also like the "Most Ornate"&"Most Minimalist" fragrance sync.Actually,I like most of the suggestions-I'm easy to please!

Bonsai,very nice work getting the new thread up and running so quickly.You've got us organized,now all we have to do is make up our collective mind!Love your welcoming post #2-friendly,informative and inviting.Hope we get lots of new sync-ers in the New Year,as well as keeping the "old crew"!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Thank you for the thread.

- Recurring syncs on scents you associate with a landscape (say one landscape per month or per 6 weeks)
    I would love it! Or, as a Travel Theme -- Geography is my passion, thanks to a High School teacher.

- A fragrance with an even number in its name
    - A fragrance with an odd number in its name
    - A fragrance with a prime number in its name
    I think they can be combined, as in "A Fragrance with a Number in its name"

- A movie or book scent (same name as the movie/actor/theme, same "feeling" is evoked by the fragrance, fragrance is from the same time period /place as the movie's setting. Examples: Movie: Dune .Scent possibilities: Dune by Dior, Ysl Opium(s), R.Cavalli Oro, Bang, Poivre Samarcande, ...)
    Or, "A Fragrance You Associate with Book, Movie, Fictional Character".

- A scent from the wardrobe of another sync participant (or could be from the wardrobe of another BN-er)
    - Someone Else's Scent. Something you associate with another BNer (Larimar = En Avion, Evangeline = La Perla classic, Riannon = Jicky, Shades = Angel, Duc = Poison, 30R. = FdTR, Chrissie = Chamade, Quarry = With Love, Hillarie = Dia, among many), something you know they wear on a regular basis, something they introduced to you enough to spark your interest, and something that smells fabulous on them. Be in someone else's shoes and to smell what they do, for a day.)
    These two can be combined too, I suppose.

- The worst PINK juice (combined with the most revolting anti-feminist/sexualized teenager/yukkie-crotch-shot/blonde-bimbo-barbie-doll fragrance? - downside is we would have to wear it...)
    This is a great one!

Thank you all for your reactions. I have added your suggestions to the list.

Ideas for the recurring "Travel Theme" are welcome!

Blog Entries

Thank you so much, bonsai!

I think we need a Dior sync and a Poison sync so that when Duc comes back, he recognizes his good ole Friday sync! maybe I am just being sentimental, I've been known for that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post

These two can be combined too, I suppose.
    True, and we can add "someone else's fragrance" from our life outside the BNs (like mother/father's fragrance, best friend, partner, etc.)
    On the same note, how's a "Blast from the Past" sync?

Sorry, drawing a blank on geography right now

For geography, what about keying into how the scents have been advertised, such as ads that feature cityscapes, the Eiffel Tower, etc?

Basenotes Plus

the Ava Luxe theme wasn't very successful by itself IMO until we added other perfumers into the mix.
    Can we change it to that "a scent from a small niche house" or "a niche house named after the founder"? Please....if we have it again.

The biggest sync days in 2011 had these themes:
    Created by Olivier or Jacques Polges
    A neglected scent
    A scent slammed by The Guide
    Aldehyde Bomb
    Ornery Opulent Oriental

The one with the least participation was the "First High End Scent You Owned" as many folks could name that scent but no longer own it.

bonsai- great job on getting the year organized
    Last edited by knit at nite; 20th December 2011 at 11:34 PM.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

For those who did not do well in Geography:
    1) Japan (including Keiko and Kenzo, green tea and cherry blossom, CDG and SMN) -- great topic to commemorate their nuclear disaster of 2011;
    2) Latin America (dances, fruit, personalities, cities, The River -- Amazon of course, tropical forest);
    3) Arabian Nights (aoud, SL and FK, Grossmith, spices, Morocco, salt trail -- in Mali would be Timbuktu, harems and dancing starks, hashish -- why not?);
    4) Wild Wild West -- anything goes: saddles, indians and cowboys, CA and TX, perfumers of the USA, American perfume houses,
    5) Italy -- Roma and Venice?

Please PM me if you would like more geography-based suggestions or borrow the recent copy of National Geographic from your library.

Another suggestion == can't synchronize without the house of Guerlain.

For those who did not do well in Geography:
    5) Italy -- Roma and Venice?

Another suggestion == can't synchronize without the house of Guerlain.
    Thank you for the great Travel Theme ideas! I changed Italy into Mediterranean and Japan into "The Far East", expanding them a bit - I hope you find that ok. House of Guerlain added.

Leesee, I like your suggestions too, but I am a bit concerned that since most niche releases don't have visual ads it might be a bit restrictive. But maybe we could do a sync along the lines of "Your favourite scent advert / official description?"
    Last edited by bonsai; 21st December 2011 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    the Ava Luxe theme wasn't very successful by itself IMO until we added other perfumers into the mix.
    Can we change it to that "a scent from a small niche house" or "a niche house named after the founder"? Please....if we have it again.

The biggest sync days in 2011 had these themes:
    Very much agree with you on Ava Lux - it seemed that many of us did not have anything from the house. I put the "named after its founder" idea on the list. I have added the successful syncs from your list to the 2012 palette as well.
    Last edited by bonsai; 21st December 2011 at 08:55 AM.

I don't like the idea of a geographical synch. But maybe that is because I would not know which of the scents in my wardrobe would go where. Somehow I also think it's too loose.

What I like about the synchs is the idea that all over the world we are all sharing a link.
    I liked the first high end scent you owned, but then I managed to lay my hands on a vintage bottle of it.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    I think we need a Dior sync and a Poison sync so that when Duc comes back, he recognizes his good ole Friday sync! maybe I am just being sentimental, I've been known for that
    I added a Dior sync. Since not many people own a Poison, I put that in parantheses. Added the "Blast from the Past" idea as well - a great one!

A perfume that evokes a happy childhood memory or event.

A perfume that transports you to another time & place.

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    I don't like the idea of a geographical synch. But maybe that is because I would not know which of the scents in my wardrobe would go where. Somehow I also think it's too loose.
    You are right that it is loosely defined, but that was on purpose in order to enable most people to find a link and to participate. Twolf has listed some great ideas on choosing a scent. You can make the link via the origins of the house (Amouage - Arabian, Kenzo - Japanese, etc.), the associations you get from the fragrance, its name (Tauer Lonestar Memories for Wild Wild West, SL Arabie for the Arabian theme) or an ingredient (say osmanthus or cherry blossom for the Far East) or whatever else which creates the link for you.

I hope I have added enough well-specified syncs to the list that you like (the ones mentioned in your previous post have all been incorporated). But as always, new ideas are welcome!

The "First niche scent you owned" sync was indeed not very successful - most people don't own that scent anymore or don't remember what it was (that would be me). I think you are the lucky exception.

Maybe we could tweak it into the "The latest niche scent you bought"? Most people probably do still own it and remember what it was. What do you think?

Some more suggestions:

- Your favourite leather scent
    - The scent that gets you the most compliments, or the scent your SO likes the best on you

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleCat View Post
    A perfume that evokes a happy childhood memory or event.

A perfume that transports you to another time & place.
    Thank your for the ideas. The first one would fit under the "Blast from the Past" sync I think.

I'll add "A Transporter" to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Klute View Post
    Some more suggestions:

- Your favourite leather scent
    - The scent that gets you the most compliments, or the scent your SO likes the best on you
    Thank you. I have added both to the list. The second under "A compliment getter / a family favourite".

We have already filled in about half of 2012 - thank you all for the enthusiasm!

I have two more suggestions:

A buried treasure (a scent that always seems to get pushed to the back of the shelf but when you wear it, you remember why you love it so much)

A current obsession (you wear it all the time, talk about it all the time, or have only a sample of it and think about purchasing a bottle of it all the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    I have two more suggestions:

A buried treasure (a scent that always seems to get pushed to the back of the shelf but when you wear it, you remember why you love it so much)

A current obsession (you wear it all the time, talk about it all the time, or have only a sample of it and think about purchasing a bottle of it all the time)
    Great suggestions, thank you! I have added them to the list.

Bonsai, you are doing a fantastic job moderating this thread. I thank you. My most favorite yet is for March 09 (very diplomatic!).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    But maybe we could do a sync along the lines of "Your favourite scent advert / official description?"
    I love that! I'll even know what I'll wear already!

Very much agree with you on Ava Lux - it seemed that many of us did not have anything from the house. I put the "named after its founder" idea on the list. I have added the successful syncs from your list to the 2012 palette as well.
    Then we can also include a small niche/indie house NOT named by the founder, to make sure that Sonoma Scent Studio, 1000 Flowers, Olympic Orchids, A wing and a prayer perfume, and many others which I'm not remembering at 5 am (including those featured on the NOLA Basenotes trip) are not falling completely off the radar.

We have already filled in about half of 2012 - thank you all for the enthusiasm!
    These are all great themes, too! Thanks for doing a rockin' job!

I like your ideas about geography, too, y'all.

I also really enjoyed the "grab a random sample" sync!

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Then we can also include a small niche/indie house NOT named by the founder, to make sure that Sonoma Scent Studio, 1000 Flowers, Olympic Orchids, A wing and a prayer perfume, and many others which I'm not remembering at 5 am (including those featured on the NOLA Basenotes trip) are not falling completely off the radar.

I like your ideas about geography, too, y'all.
    Thank you for the input. I have added the small indie/niche house as alternative for the "named after its founder" idea.

Credit goes to Twolf for the geography ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Klute View Post
    I also really enjoyed the "grab a random sample" sync!
    That's a fun one, indeed, thank you for reminding us of it. I have added it to the list.

We are somewhere in August, almost? Chanel's birthday is the 19th -- perhaps not a Friday, but could we have a Chanel Sync somewhere around?

We are somewhere in August, almost? Chanel's birthday is the 19th -- perhaps not a Friday, but could we have a Chanel Sync somewhere around?
    The 17th of August was the closest Friday so I added a Chanel and Patou (same birthday as Chanel) "birthday party".
    Last edited by bonsai; 21st December 2011 at 02:08 PM.

The 17th of August was the closest Friday, I added a Chanel and Patou (same birthday as Chanel) "birthday party".
    Oh, nice! I'd be so pleased and honored to have a Chanel day on August 17th ...and I must say I think it's particularly appropriate!

You're doing a great job bonsai - thank you so much for grabbing the reins!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 21st December 2011 at 02:44 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thank you, Bonsai!

Can we do a Shalimar day?

Can we do a vintage day?
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Bonsai, just popped in with some words of encouragement. You are to be commended for the fantastic work that you are putting in here! I am quite new to the Friday synch. I kind of didn't "get it" at first, and now I just love it. It is great fun, and there is much to be learned...... and as Frou Frou has already suggested, it is incredible to be sharing an experience with people as far flung as we are!

I have no worthwhile or interesting ideas just now, sorry, but I will pop back if any spring to mind (don't hold your breath!).

Ehm, carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Can we do a Shalimar day?
    Hallo lilybelle, I am wondering if a purely Shalimar sync would not be too restrictive? We already have a Guerlain sync on the list. Maybe it would be an idea to do a "Your favourite vanilla" sync? What do you ladies think?

Can we do a vintage day?
    I am adding it to the list.

Foustie, thank you for your kind words.

Yes bonsai, it is a GREAT task you have taken upon you. (how large can a bonsai grow?) And we are already looking forward to next year, think about how much fun you will be giving us! I am very happy you have taken on the task. Thank you
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Hallo lilybelle, I am wondering if a purely Shalimar sync would not be too restrictive? We already have a Guerlain sync on the list. Maybe it would be an idea to do a "Your favourite vanilla" sync? What do you ladies think?
    I think "Your favorite vanilla" is a great idea. My thinking on Shalimar was that there are enough formulations and vintages now that it could be a "Your favorite version of Shalimar" sync, but on the other hand there may not be enough Shalimar lovers to make it worth while. So I don't know. You're in charge, so it's your call (and thank you for that again!!).

I think Shalimar is so iconic, and indeed has many flankers, that i agree a Shalimar sync would be possible.

(I do not like Shalimar, or vanilla, so this is a wholly disinterested comment.)
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Thank you for your reactions. I added Shalimar to the list with an "escape route" (your favourite vanilla).

Thank you for your reactions. I added Shalimar to the list with an "escape route" (your favourite vanilla).
    Thank you!

A bit of help for tomorrow's sync - see below a list of 5-star fragrances from "The Guide" (the list I have says "guide 2008 with updates").

Amouage - Gold, Homage, Ubar
    Azzaro - Azzaro pour Homme
    B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful - Breath of God
    Badgley Mischka - Badgley Mischka
    Bond no. 9 - Chinatown
    Boucheron - Boucheron
    Bulgari - Black
    Cacharel - Loulou
    Caldey Island - Lavender
    Calyx - Prescriptives
    Caron - Le Troisieme Homme, Pour un Homme, Yatagan
    Chanel - 31 Rue Cambon, Bois des Iles, Cristalle, Cuir de Russie, No. 5 EDT and parfum, Pour Monsieur, Sycomore
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    Dior - Diorella, Dune, Eau Savage, Poison
    Elternhaus - MoslBuddJewChristHinDao
    Estee Lauder - Azuree, Beyond Paradise, Beyond Paradise Men, Knowing, Pleasures, Private Collection, White Linen
    Geoffrey Beene - Grey Flannel
    Givenchy - Givenchy III, Envy, Insense, Rush
    Guerlain - Apres l'Ondee, Chamade, Derby, Eau de Guerlain, Habit Rouge, Insolence EDP, Jicky, L'Heure Bleu, Mitsouko, Shalimar, Vol de Nuit
    Hermes - Osmanthe Yunnan
    Histoires de Parfums - 1740 Marquis de Sade
    Jean Patou - Joy parfum
    Kenzo - Ca Sent Beau
    L'Artisan Parfumeur - Dzing!, Timbuktu, Vanilia
    Le Labo - Patchouli 24
    Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka
    Missoni - Missoni
    Montale - Oud Cuir d'Arabie
    Ormonde Jayne - Ormonde Man, Ormonde Woman
    Paco Rabanne - Calandre
    Pascal Morabito - Or Black
    Parfums de Nicolai - Le Temps d'une Fete, New York, Odalisque
    Parfums MDCI - Enlevement au Serail, Invasion Barbare, Promesse de l'Aube
    Robert Piguet - Bandit, Fracas
    Rochas - Tocade
    S-Perfume - 100% Love, S-eX
    Serge Lutens - Bois de Violette, Iris Silver Mist, La Myrrhe, Sarrasins
    Tauer Perfumes - L'Air du Desert Marocain
    Theo Fennell - Scent
    Thierry Mugler - Angel
    Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy Girl
    Yohji Yamamoto - Yohji Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent - Kouros, Opium, Rive Gauche
    Last edited by bonsai; 22nd December 2011 at 09:25 AM.

Bonsai!!! You are brilliant!!!!! I don't have my guide in the Netherlands and was already reconciled with having to let this one go again!
    Now I am going to study the list...
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Ahum, I have none of the 5 star fragrances...
    That can only mean Luca and Tania do not have good taste in perfumes.

I will get a sample of ''Knowing'' and be in synch after all.
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

I think 4-star fragrances could also be considered as "praised". So to help out those who can't find anything from the 5-star list, here is the list of 4-star scents:

Acqua di Parma - Acqua di Parma Profumo, Colonia Assoluta, Iris Nobile
    Aesop - Marrakech, Mystra
    Agent Provocateur - DD "Diamond Dust", Strip
    Ambra di Venezia - Ambra di Venezia
    Amouage - Ciel pour Homme, Dia pour Femme, Dia pour Homme, Gold Men, Jubilation 25, Jubilation XXV, Lyric Men, Lyric Woman
    Anne Pliska - Anne Pliska
    Annick Goutal - Duel, Eau de Monsieur, Eau de Fier, Encens Flamboyant, Heure Exquise, La Violette, Passion, Sables, Quel Amour!, Songes, Vetiver
    Aramis - Aramis, Aramis 900, Tuscany per Donna, Tuscany per Uomo
    Armani - Pour Homme
    Armani Prive - Ambre Soie, Bois d'Encens, Rose Alexandrie, Oranger Alhambra
    Aveda - Men Pure-Formance, Yatra
    Azzaro - Azzaro Couture, Men Now, Women Now
    B Never Too Busy... - B Scent, Cocktail, Dirty, Exhale, Inhale, Ladyboy, Om, Superworldunknown
    Badgley Mischka - Fleurs de Nuit
    Balmain - Ivoire, Miss Balmain, Monsieur Balmain
    Bobby Brown - Beach
    Bond no. 9 - Broadway Nite, Fire Island, Great Jones, H.O.T. Always
    Boucheron - Boucheron Eau Legere, Jaipur
    Bulgari - Eau Parfumee au The Vert, Omnia, Pour Femme
    By Kilian - A Taste of Heaven, Beyond Love, Liaisons Dangereuses, Love
    Cacharel - Anais Anais, Eden, Noa
    Calvin Klein - cK One, Contradiction for Men, Truth
    Canali - Canali Style
    Carolina Herrera - Carolina Herrera
    Caron - Aimez Moi, Impact, Nuit de Noel, Parfum Sacre
    Carthusia - Aria di Capri
    Cartier - Declaration, Declaration Essence, Eau de Cartier, Must de Cartier pour Homme, So Pretty
    Cerruti - Cerruti 1881
    Chanel - 28 La Pausa, Antaeus, Bel Respiro, Coco, Coco Mademoiselle, Cologne, Coromandel, Egoiste, No. 5 Eau Premiere, No. 18, No. 19, No. 22, No. 5 EDP
    Chopard - Casmir
    Clarins - Par Amour, Par Amour Toujours
    Clive Christian - X for Women
    Comme des Garcons - 2 Man, 2 Woman, 3, Odeur 71, Stephen Jones, White
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Diesel - Fuel for Life, Fuel for Life Men
    Dior - Cologne Blanche, Dioressence, Diorissimo, Dune pour Homme, Eau Fraiche, Eau Noire, Escale a Portofino, Farenheit 32, Homme Intense, Homme Sport, Hypnotic Poison, J'Adore l'Absolu, Miss Dior Cherie, Pure Poison
    Diptyque - Eau Lente, L'Autre, L'Eau, Olene, Oyedo, Philosykos, Virgilio
    Divine - Divine, L'Homme de Coeur, L'Infante
    Donna Karan - Chaos, DKNY Women, Fuel for Men, Gold, Signature
    Eau d'Italie - Paestum Rose
    Ermengelido Zegna - Essenza di Zegna, Z Zegna
    Estee Lauder - Aliage, Beautiful, Beyond Paradise Blue, Cinnabar, Dazzling Silver, Lauder for Men, Private Collection Tubereuse Gardenia, Pure White Linen, Youth Dew, Youth Dew Amber Nude
    Etat Libre d'Orange - Antiheros, Bendelirious, Eloge du Traitre, Encens et Bubblegum, Jasmin et Cigarette, Je Suis un Homme, Rien, Rossy de Palma, Tom of Finland, Vraie Blonde
    Etro - Anise, Messe de Minuit, Palais Jamais, Shaal Nur, Vetiver
    Fendi - Palazzo
    Floris - No. 89
    Fragonard - Cologne Grand Luxe
    Frapin - Caravelle Epicee
    Frederic Malle - Bois d'Orage (French Lover), Carnal Flower, Le Parfum de Therese, L'Eau d'Hiver, Lys Mediterranee, Noir Epices, Outrageous, Une Fleur de Cassie, Une Rose, Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Gianfranco Ferre - Ferre
    Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gio
    Giorgio Beverly Hills - Giorgio
    Givenchy - Le De, L'Interdit, Monsieur Givenchy, Organza, Organza Indecence, Vetyver
    Gucci - Gucci EDP II, Pour Homme
    Guerlain - Attrape-Coeurs, Elixir Candide Effluve, Chant d'Aromes, Charnel Oriental Brulant, Guerlain Homme, Eau de Cologne du Coq, Eau de Cologne Imperiale, Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat, Heritage, Insolence, Le Petit Robe Noire, L'Instant, L'Instant Pour Homme, Mouchoir de Monsieur, Plus Que Jamais, Quand Vient la Pluie, Samsara, Sous le Vent, Vetiver, Vetiver pour Elle
    Halston - Halston Z-14
    Hanae Mori - Butterfly
    Heeley - Cardinal, Cedre Blance, Cuir Pleine Fleur, Esprit du Tigre, Figuier, Iris de Nuit, Sel Marin, Verveine
    Hermes - 24 Fabourg, Bel Ami, Concentree d'Orange Verte, Eau de Hermes, Eau d'Orange Verte, Equipage, Un Jardin apres la Mousson, Vanille Galante
    Histories de Parfums - 1725, 1804, 1826, 1828, 1873, 1876, 1969, Amber 411, Noir Patchouli
    Hors la Monde - Shiloh
    Hugo Boss - Baldessarini
    Institut Tres Bien - Cologne a la Francaise, a la Russe, a l'Italienne, Tres Russe
    Jasper Conran - Jasper Conran Woman
    Jean-Charles Brosseau - Ombre Rose
    Jean Patou - 1000, Joy EDP, Sira des Indes
    Jean Paul Gaultier - Ma Dame
    Jil Sander - Scent 79 Woman and Man
    Jo Malone - Lime Basil & Mandarin
    Jovan - Sex Appeal for Men
    Juicy Couture - Juicy Couture
    Kenzo - Parfum d'Ete
    Keiko Mecheri - Mogador, Peau de Peche
    Kenzo - Air, Amour, Flower, Flower Fleurs d'Hiver/Winter Flowers, Jungle L'Elephant, Jungle pour Homme
    L'Artisan - Aedes de Venustas, Drole de Rose, Dzongkha, Eau de Jatamansi, Fleur d'Oranger 2007, Iris Pallida 2007, Patchouli Patch, Premier Figuier Extreme, Safran Troublant, The pour un Ete
    Lalique - Encre Noire, Flora Bella
    Lancome - Climat, Cuir, Magie Noire, Miracle Forever, Tresor
    Lanvin - Arpege
    Le Labo - Iris 39, Neroli 36, Oud 27
    Les Nereides - Musc Samarkand, Patchouli Antique
    LesNez - Manoumalia, The Unicorn Spell
    Lolita Lempicka - Au Masculin, Midnight
    Lubin - Idole, L'Eau Neuve, Le Vetiver
    LUSH - Karma solid perfume
    Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Ambre Precieux, Fleurs des Comores, Racine
    Mauboussin - Mauboussin
    Miller Harris - Fleurs de Sel, L'Air de Rien
    Missoni - Missoni Acqua
    Molinard - Habanita
    Montale - Black Aoud
    Montana - Parfum de Peau
    Moschino - Funny!, Moschino
    Narcisco Rodriguez - Musc for Him oil, NR for Her,
    Nasomatto - Hindu Grass
    Nina Ricci - Love in Paris, Nina
    Olivier Durbano - Black Tourmaline
    Ormonde Jayne - Frangipani Absolute, Ta'if, Tolu
    Paco Rabanne - Metal, Pour Homme
    Paloma Picasso - Paloma Picasso
    Parfumerie Generale - Aomassai, Brulure de Rose, Coze, Cuir Venum, Felanilla, Intrigant Patchouli, Iris Taizo, L'Ombre Fauve, Yuzu Ab Irato
    Parfums d'Empire - Ambre Russe, Fougere Bengale, Yuzu Fou
    Parfums de Nicolai - Eau Turquoise, Maharnih, Nicolai pour Homme, Sacrebleu, Vie de Chateau
    Parfums Delrae - Amoureuse, Debut
    Parfums de Rosine - Rosa Flamenca, Rose d'Amour, Rose d'Homme, Twill rose
    Pascal Morabito - Or Noir
    Penhaligon's - Violetta
    Perfumer's Workshop - Tea Rose
    Profumo di Firenze - Spigo, Tabacco
    Ralph Lauren - Notorious, Polo, Polo Sport, Pure Turquoise
    Robert Piguet - Baghari, Visa
    Rochas - Byzance, Eau de Rochas, Eau de Rochas Homme, Mystere
    Romea d'Ameor - Les Imperatrices Japonaises, Les Maitresses de Louis XIV
    Salvador Dali - Dali, Laguna
    Sarah Jessica Parker - Lovely
    Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan, Arabie, Bois et Fruits, Bois et Musc, Bois Oriental, Borneo 1834, Chergui, Douce Amere, El Attarine, Feminite du Bois, Muscs Koublai Khan, Rose de Nuit, Tubereuse Criminelle, Un Bois Vanille
    Shalini - Shalini
    Six Scents - No. 3
    Solange - Cosmic, Stoned
    Sonia Rykiel - Belle en Rykiel
    Stetson - Lady Stetson, Stetson
    Tauer Perfumes - Incense Extreme, Incense Rose, Lonestar Memories
    The Different Company - Divine Bergamote, Sel de Vetiver
    Thierry Mugler - A*Men, A Travers le Miroir, Angel Innocent, Angel La Rose, Cologne, Eau de Star, Mirroir des Envies, Mirroir des Vanites
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid Voile de Fleur, Noir de Noir, Velvet Gardenia
    Ulrich Lang - Anvers 2
    Van Cleef & Arpels - First
    Vero Profumo - Kiki, Onda, Rubj
    Versace - L'Homme
    Vivienne Westwood - Let it Rock
    Worth - Je Reviens Couture
    YOSH - Sottile
    Yves Saint Laurent - Body Kouros, Cinema, Jazz, M7, M7 Fresh, Paris, Rive Gauche pour Homme, Y
    Last edited by bonsai; 22nd December 2011 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks bonsai!!!! I think I will give my sample of Bois des Iles (another) try. It is a little bit beyond me why everyone loves this scent so much. Maybe after tomorrow I will finally understand....

LOL, have no 4 star fragrances either...
    I will do the knowing sample. I am thinking of getting that one anyway.
    Oh, and the NOLA meet-up provided me with some Guerlain samples!

I like the pushed at the back of the wardrobe synch.
    I am getting the geographical synch now, I can easily imagine an Arabic/oriental synch for example.

How about a synch with a special scent picked up on your travels (thinking of NOLA again)
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

How about a synch with a special scent picked up on your travels (thinking of NOLA again)
    Great idea! I have added it to the list.

Bonsai, you ARE the man! (I am saying it adoringly and without any sexual/gender references/reservations). The right person, at the right place, at the right time! Just think about the amount of work you had to do to type in the looooooooooooooooooong lists.

Thanks for including, Shalimar, Bonsai. That's a good compromise, including the alternative. What a great line up so far! I'm really looking forward to these. Some are challenging, which is always good exercise.

hope it's okay if i join. this sounds like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gabeinstyle View Post
    Of course! Welcome! The more the merrier.

thanks.

Please do join! It is indeed a lot of fun, especially sharing our experiences with the others.

Blog Entries

Wow, bonsai, thank you so much! You are a marvel!
    You are doing such a job of putting all the good ideas in, and getting these lists was priceless. I don't own the guide, and I just planned to wear Amouage Gold, knowing that that one is 5 stars and I can always do it. But oh my, now I have a lot more choices here. I am looking forward to tomorrow sync!

It would be great if you join! Welcome! I think this is great fun.

It will be either Opium,cuir de Russie by Chanel or Cacharel LouLou for tomorrow Most likely Opium because of the cold weather !It's freezing !!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Quoting bonsai "I think 4-star fragrances could also be considered as "praised"." Absolutely concur!!

Fellow syncers- Shall we finish out the year on the 2011 sync thread to post the details of the final two 2011 syncs??? Or shall we abandon that thread and do the last two weeks of 2011 on this, the 2012 thread??? What say you????
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Ooh, Opium! Good choice, sophi!

Adding:

Finish out the 2011 thread. That would be my vote, knit.
    Last edited by Leesee; 22nd December 2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: more to say

I also vote finish 2011 on that thread.

Blog Entries

My vote is also to keep 2011 in 2011 thread and have the Jan 2012 start in 2012 sync thread.

thanks everybody. debating between Shalimar or Tocade.