Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Vrai Blonde fro ELdO today for Marilyn. This evening will be Fracas for one of Jilly Coopers heroines. The tough TV producer character who set her cap at Rupert Campbell-Black. Can't remember the characters name but Jillys description of Fracas was so wonderful I bought a bottle

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    The smell of turnips knit? I'm offended on Scarlett's behalf, lol! I thought of her too, btw. The cologne she gargled with is fictional - Cheautard's Eau de Cologne - otherwise, I'd certainly own a bottle of it!

I went with Rosemary Woodhouse's Detchema - I love it so I'm always happy to wear it, but I don't believe I have anything else with a proper fictional character link.
    Dearest E....I meant no offense to Miss Scarlett., truly. I was thinking of the scene where she has made it back to Tara and pulls a raw veg out of the garden and swears she will never go hungry again. I actually forgot about the cologne gargling incident.

And THANK YOU for reminding me of the Detchema link to Rosemary's baby. A great scent indeed.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Dearest E....I meant no offense to Miss Scarlett., truly. I was thinking of the scene where she has made it back to Tara and pulls a raw veg out of the garden and swears she will never go hungry again.
    Yes, "So help me God I'll never be hungry again!" as she bites into a raw turnip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I thought it was a carrot!

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    Gombóc Artúr, the chocolate-addict bird from the series would smell like warm feathers and a mix of all kinds of chocolates, but I don't know of a perfume which smells like this:

Ayala Moriel would make one if she hasn't already..... in 'Guilt' = Chocolate, leather and oriental notes.

She must be the queen of chocolate perfumes or perfumed chocolate for that matter.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

aw'righty...after some more contemplation I ended up wearing Guerlain Coriolan. I've been catching up on the silly Spartacus series and just felt like having some "roman soldier vibe" in the air around me...LOL
    A Scent Rescuer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Took the easy road today - syncing in Mitsouko.
    That's exactly how I made my decision and for the exact same reason!
    It does come with a complete literary association plus it is mentioned in Master and Margarita which is one of my favorite novels. Narciss Noir is mentioned in the same place there, but I have none of that.

So I am syncing in Mitsouko too and imagining a lovely scarred only-apron clad witch Hella hoarsely singing: "Guerlain, Mitsouko, Narciss Noir..."

Foustie, what a clever way to sync! And Inees, I love your theme too!

Now, I wish I would've give this week's sync more thought. But I've been very wrapped up in Blind Sniff preparations -- we just had one for jan and working on the feb one. Check it out if you have time!

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Ayala Moriel would make one if she hasn't already..... in 'Guilt' = Chocolate, leather and oriental notes.

She must be the queen of chocolate perfumes or perfumed chocolate for that matter.
    Thank you! I've never smelt any of her perfumes but now you made me curious.

Post Thanks / Like

Warum, how funny! We didn't even discuss this sync at all. Very spooky (and pretty darned cool!) how we think so much alike!
    The nose wants what it wants!

I'm way late for this as I was sick in bed for a few days. I am wearing "Let me play the Lion" by Les Nez. Although it is a Shakespeare quote, I associate with The Wizard of Oz, if only for the name. Probably because the lion character is so blatantly a human dressed like a lion.
    It is a warm and dry scent. I like the description on the Les Nez website: "Incense floating through a ray of light." Perfectly captured! It is the warmth of the sun on a cold, dry and sunny winter day. It smells of sawdust and wood chippings. So it's perfect for this weather: It is sunny outside but absolutely FREEZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Klute View Post
    I'm way late for this as I was sick in bed for a few days. I am wearing "Let me play the Lion" by Les Nez. Although it is a Shakespeare quote, I associate with The Wizard of Oz, if only for the name. Probably because the lion character is so blatantly a human dressed like a lion.
    It is a warm and dry scent. I like the description on the Les Nez website: "Incense floating through a ray of light." Perfectly captured! It is the warmth of the sun on a cold, dry and sunny winter day. It smells of sawdust and wood chippings. So it's perfect for this weather: It is sunny outside but absolutely FREEZING!
    I'm sorry you've been sick, but glad that you have joined us after all! I just re-visited Let me play the lion yesterday. To me it's how I imagine a lion's mane would smell like, sun-heated fur with a hint of sand. Sort of like my cat's fur after he's been lying in the sun and rolling in the sand - just bigger.
    Last edited by bonsai; 9th February 2012 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    I'm sorry you've been sick, but glad that you have joined us after all! I have just re-visited Let me play the lion again yesterday. To me it's how I imagine a lion's mane would smell like, sun-heated fur with a hint of sand. Sort of like my cat's fur after he's been lying in the sun and rolling in the sand - just bigger.
    Oh yes, that's a nice mental image for the fragrance!

I have looked through my stash for fragrances which have a number in their name and my options for tomorrow are: Jacomo Art Collection #8, PG 13 Brulure de Rose, PG 14 Iris Taizo, Tea for Two, Five O'Clock Eau Gingembre, Miller et Bertaux #1 and Odin 03 Century. Luckily all suitable for the cold weather here so I'll let my mood guide you tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / Like

10/02/2012 &G Anthology collection La Lune 18 -Day and PG 04 Musc Maori for night
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Post Thanks / Like

1 million, 24 Faubourg, Fahrenheit 32, Gucci PH 2, M7 Fresh, chanel no 5, D&G the One Gent. decisions decisions.....

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow will be easy for me as I only have two scents with a # in it's name. My absolute favourite of those two is Czech and Speake #88. (the other one being #19)

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.. Tomorrow will be either one of my No5 collection or Archives 69. Getting ennui with the ELdOs so will have a No5 treat

Oops forgot could do Jubilation XXV or Jubilation 25..... Oh dear choices choices

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be going with a prime number, and one of my very favourites - 31 Rue Cambon

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to remember to get out my Chanel No 5 and wear it .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, sync buddies! Just a quick post for this week, will be No.19 for me. It agrees with the mountain air so perfectly!

I'm wearing Five O'Clock au Gingembre. One more fragrance I should be using more often, it's perfect on this cold winter day.

Happy sync day to you all!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

*numerous* choices... Should be a good sync.
    24 Faubourg, ambre 114, 1969, cerrutti 1881, no 19, no. 5 eau premiere
    oh I know...just for Larimar.......... Cologne du 68
    A Scent Rescuer

knit -> :P

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Opted for a full wearing of Jubilation 25.

I'm in a time machine.... I've just put on....

At the Beach 1866, a Mr Brosius creation

It's cold outside but my mind is sunbathing on hot stones, wearing my sun tan lotion with the sea at my feet

He is a clever bunny.... quite magical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gabeinstyle View Post
    1 million, 24 Faubourg, Fahrenheit 32, Gucci PH 2, M7 Fresh, chanel no 5, D&G the One Gent. decisions decisions.....
    Go Gabinstyle!

Oh I am loving all of your posts. This synch is turning out to be such a laugh! I had no idea that I had so many fragrances with numbers in their names! Gabe, do you think that there is something subliminal going on here? I could have chosen; 1828, 1876, Une Rose, Tea for Two, Chanel No 5, Iris 39, Molecule One, M7 Oud Absolu, and I have just realised that Tuers have numbers too, for example, Incense Extreme is Number 05. That is just the bottles. There are samples too, lots of Le Labo's, all with numbers, and Histoires..... and that is what I will go for later, Histoire De Parfum Ambre 114, from a sample.

Enjoy the synch gang!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I'm in a time machine.... I've just put on....

At the Beach 1866, a Mr Brosius creation

It's cold outside but my mind is sunbathing on hot stones, wearing my sun tan lotion with the sea at my feet

He is a clever bunny.... quite magical.
    Ooh, sounds fab!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Go Gabinstyle!

Oh I am loving all of your posts. This synch is turning out to be such a laugh! I had no idea that I had so many fragrances with numbers in their names! Gabe, do you think that there is something subliminal going on here? I could have chosen; 1828, 1876, Une Rose, Tea for Two, Chanel No 5, Iris 39, Molecule One, M7 Oud Absolu, and I have just realised that Tuers have numbers too, for example, Incense Extreme is Number 05. That is just the bottles. There are samples too, lots of Le Labo's, all with numbers, and Histoires..... and that is what I will go for later, Histoire De Parfum Ambre 114, from a sample.

Enjoy the synch gang!
    Good Morning all. Foustie, i'm loving all of this as well. i envy you as well as everybody that has at least samples from Le Labo. ive been dying to try Rose 31. i haven't had the chance to order any samples from them yet, but i will. i hope that all of you have a great day. you all smell wonderful. for today i chose to wear Fahrenheit 32, simply because i bought it almost a month ago and i haven't opened it.

Good Morning all. Foustie, i'm loving all of this as well. i envy you as well as everybody that has at least samples from Le Labo. ive been dying to try Rose 31.
    A great day to you, too! I'll have to sniff Fahrenheit 32 sometime.
    Rose 31 was a disappointment for me. It started as a peppery rose and then it fell flat. I very much prefer TDC Rose Poivree or even Kingdom to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone -

Happy Sync-ing, Happy Friday!! Y'all smell amazing! I also had a bunch of numbers to think about, but being on a little chypre-bender helped me to decide today's choice - Gucci No. 3 ...imho, one of the best examples of the classic chypre ever made.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi, bunch!
    I'm a sad sicko again, and was yesterday too. But I was in sync, just could not get to the computer to post it.
    I wore Frapin 1697 and 1000 Lilies by DSH!

I was in synch with Six scents Series 1, number two. It was a sample I still had lying around, and I have to say I found it as horrid the second time as the first: Cold...and just plain unpleasant. It is supposed to smell like "pure air". It does smell "airy", but in a veyr chemical way. Like the inside of a cool pack would smell in my imagination. Next synch please!

Post Thanks / Like

I was in synch with No. 5 Eau Première earlier in the day, and No. 19 Poudré later. Those were both no-brainers for me. There aren't many Chanels lately that I can't wear easily. I had a few other things with numbers to try, especially 525, a masculine fragrance by Bourbon French that I still want to sample; and No. 88 by Czech & Speake, but I never got around to those.

Our next synch is Travel Theme #2 - Latin America. I'll be giving it some thought.

Thanks for all the great scent synch friday ideas! ♥

I have THE Latin American scent sittimng around at home: YERBAMATE!!! Is that perfect or what??? Unfortunately I am travelling and forgot to take it with me. So I will have to synch out of synch next week...

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, forgot to add that I could have worn Shalimar (I mean No.90) for this last sync!

No idea what to wear for this week's sync, though- I'm stumped.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm stumped too. Other than chocolate gourmands might fit the bill. Bitter cacao in Angel Taste of Fragrance might fit the bill. Or Chocolat Amere from a sample from a dear Basenotes friend

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think we're going to have to get creative. I'm thinking Habanita. IF I'm in the mood to wear that.

Maybe Maja by Myrurgia or Torero (but I haven't a clue who made mine. I have a matching Corina)
    There is a Vierges et Toreros by Etat Libre but I don't have that

Deferring to a 1927 Time article about Mexican Banditry, Bandit may be the only scent in my wardrobe that holds a link for this friday's synch. I do feel a Bandit mood coming on....
    I also like Aliytke's idea of chocolate gourmand scents...creative!
    Or how about scents with a coffee note?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Coffee note would be good-

Anything with Tango theme would be good- suntanny beach scents would work as well.
    A Scent Rescuer

ah, yes, and perhaps tobacco notes? and leather? and spicy?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I love all your creative "Latin America" sync ideas. I was also really stuck on this one. The solution came in quite a funny way: I spritzed this morning Havana Vanille on and inspired by it I was looking for reviews. The first I stumbled accross was from NTS: "Havana Vanille is the latest fragrance to join the travel series at L’Artisan Parfumeur. It follows Bois Farine, Timbuktu, Dzongkha and Fleur de Liane — not bad company, as these things go. This time, we’re off to Cuba:

From its vibrant Salsa rhythms, its famous cigars and Cuban rum, it is certain there is something magical about Havana."

How come I did not think of it by myself that Havana Vanilla would be a perfect fit for Friday's sync? I need more sleep...

I love the ideas of Habanita and Bandit as well (thank you!), so all of a sudden I have three scents to choose from. Great!

Post Thanks / Like

I had to really dig deep in my samplebag to get ideas for this synch...For now I'm thinking that Fragipani by OJ and Amour de cacao would qualify as Latin American themed scents

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I thought that I was stumped too! Then I remembered that I had a sample of Czech and Speake Cuba. Ha! Then even better, I got a little goodie bag from a BN friend, and in it, as a surprise, was a little Habanita. Perfect timing, so go on lilibelle and I will join you!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Foustie, Habanita it is.

One of those Escada Rockin' Rio scents would have worked, but I don't have one. I've never sniffed any of those, actually. I like the idea of suntan lotion/tropical beachy scents. That extends my choices a bit, as would anything with tuberose.

Post Thanks / Like

i might just wear my Cuba cologne. a cheapie, but goodie.

Suggestion: How about the theme "A scent that makes you feel sexy" Is that too simple?

Suggestion: How about the theme "A scent that makes you feel sexy" Is that too simple?
    I like it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i might just wear my Cuba cologne. a cheapie, but goodie.

Hi Gabe. Which Cuba is this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Hi Gabe. Which Cuba is this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool synch!

Post Thanks / Like

O.k., I am so dense! I have the perfect sample to take me to the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico- Sarah Horowitz Coconut Milk. Thank you all for lighting up my brain circuitry with your suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I still don't know.
    I was thinking about Narcisso Rodriguez, but I don't have anything of him that I like... and also Amazone (I know, it's a different one, but what the heck?) -- I don't have that either.
    Might have to go with tropical theme!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking possibly Havana Vanille or Carolina Herrera (I believe she was born in Venezuela). The bottom of my Prada bottle says "Made in Spain" but the scent just doesn't say "Latin America" to me so I think that one is out of the running. More than likely I'll go with Havana Vanille or Pacifica Mexican Cocoa.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlos Santana for Women or one of my Myrurgia Classics—Nueva Maja or vintage Maja. Thinking, thinking. On the horizon, or, more accurately, in the mail is yet another Myrurgia: vintage Maderas de Orient. Wasn't looking for it, but stumbled across a picture on ebaby and realized I had owned that frag in my college years (1970s), totally forgot about it. What I bought is "Locion", back in the day I had the EDT
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Post Thanks / Like

Habanita parfum fits the bill for me. Actually didn't think I had one for today until I read this thread mid week and it was of course Habanita!
    DONNA

I went one step further from the Havana Vanille idea and put on TF Tobacco Vanille from a sample. I love the tobacco leaves and the vanilla in it, but I wish they had used much less honey, it's verging on being cloying.

I have included it, thank you.

I've been wondering... I think this.. it's a bit of a long shot though.....

Narciso Rodriguez for her

According to Wiki:-
    Narciso Rodriguez III is an American fashion designer. Rodriguez is the first child and only son of Cuban parents Narciso Rodríguez II, a longshoreman, and Rawedia María Rodríguez who are of Canarian descent.

Will I count?

edit... (oops sorry Warum, you've already said this) and yes.... very stinky.... no likey much

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing my SH Coconut Milk sample. This is very nice and I really don't care for coconut. Very natural smelling, no whopping white florals (which I normally can't do), really smells the way it sounds. My dad once tricked me into drinking coconut milk right from the shell, telling me it was the best tasting thing ever. It is not- it is very bitter and there is definitely some of that bitterness in this scent. Here, instead of making me choke, that bitterness lends interest and takes this slightly out of the realm of "suntan floral".

This certainly is beachy, though; making me crave sun, sand & warmth. Where's my cabana boy with my umbrella topped cocktail?