Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 961 to 1,020 of 1213

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

We're in Cincinnati for a tennis tournament and I certainly didn't plan it when I was packing, but it must be kismet, as I'm totally in sync with Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte. Then again, with Chanel the odds are sort of in my favor.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I'm not syncing today. Yesterday I received 5 packs full of perfume samples. Two from swaps, one from a perfume boutique and two from generous friends. Got over 30 new perfume to try so I just couldn't resist and had to go for some Penhaligon's today.
    Which Penhaligon's, Lucasai, if you don't mind?

I want to sync from Chanel today and cannot decide: Cristalle or №22? Which one of the two? Both are an association with PerfumedLady for me, both are beautiful scents, absolutely gorgeous and very different. The cloudiness of the morning calls for 22, but if the Sun comes out, it will be more of Cristalle weather... decisions decisions... I'll wait and think (liked that "Sync Friday makes you think... and sometimes stink", Foustie!)

...one big grading day and all the finals should be over!.. whoo hooo!

Lol, Warum, just to throw you off, I'm in Cuir de Russie! Still have some of that 22 you sent me for being a squeaky wheel! I learned my lessons from Twolf very well.

CdR is not my favorite Chanel, or even my favorite leather but it is a masterpiece. My time at BN has taught me that if I'm ever forced to choose only one house to give my money to, Chanel would be the only one to keep me happy for the long haul. Na-na-na-boo-boo, Guerlain, you have lost this girl's devotion.

Love this sync and aim to get into 2 more Chanels today- that lovely vintage No.22 and of course my fave of them all, No.5. Have worn gallons of Cristalle this summer or would go for that one. Warum, I finally did it, learned to love No.5 in EDT! And the newer Cristalles are growing on me, too!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

synched in Sira ds Indes for M Patou
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

SotE yesterday was 31 Rue Cambon beautiful!

Let's see, which are the scents that came home with me after a trip abroad:

Bronze Goddess, purchased at an airport, reminding me of the lady at the cash register who did not feel like chatting about fragrances, just wanted me to pay as quickly as possible and give way to the next customer.

The four L'Erbolario scents I stumbled accross in a tiny shop in Frascati, Italy: Meharees, Ambraliquida, Iris and Tiare. The sweet shopkeeper only spoke Italian (which I do not) but I managed somehow to explain her that I'd like to smell the L'Erbolario scents. She did have the patience of taking all the testers off the shelves and letting me spend a considerable amount of time sniffing and re-sniffing everything. I was slowly becoming a local attraction, the other customers looking at me strangely, some more adventurous ones joining me in sniffing and commenting on the scents (sadly, in Italian). I left with four bottles, a bag full of samples and a desire to visit that tiny shop again sometime.
    This was the same trip that my Citizen Queen decant I took with me has leaked and scented my hotel room, probably for ever. Now, one year later I am slowly becoming accustomed to the thought of wearing CQ again.

And the beautiful, sparkling Etro Dianthus, reminding me of a summer day on the fantastic island of Helgoland. Not only a paradise for those who love watching birds from closeby or swimming with seals, but also for those who enjoy a good chocolate or a beautiful scent (the island is a duty-free zone, overflowing with perfume (even some niche) and chocolat/alcohol/tobacco shops). AA Herba-Fresca and Angelique-Lilas have also accompanied me home from that trip.

Oh, Bonsai, sounds like you had a wonderful (and well scented) trip!! I've not sniffed anything else from the line, but I bought Iris from L'Erbolario blind and I really enjoy it. The iris body butter is great too, and quite strongly scented. The fragrance is one of the few that I have gotten a compliment from a stranger while wearing

I love Herba-Fresca too, and in fact really should just purchase for next summer.

Good to hear from you again, and welcome back!!!

I will have to give tomorrow a miss. I never go on holiday, sorry. Two cats who would have nervous breakdowns if I left them, plus too much perfume/cosmetic buying means I cannot afford to holiday.
    DONNA

I'm assuming tomorrow's theme requires a scent acquired from somewhere a bit more exotic and further off than Manchester?! If not I would have lots to choose from. I think I will go with a purchase from my latest trip overseas, which was to NYC only last month. I picked up a bottle of Vetiver pour Elle from Saks on Fifth Ave. It was my sole perfume purchase from the trip, and also a birthday present, so extra special. I had wanted to try it for a very long time and it didn't disappoint.

Bonsai, welcome back. You have been missed bunches (although everybody was doing the great job putting the thread on top as the necessity arose). Where did you go? Italy?

Pretty sure I synced last week in Eau Premiere.I too tend to use money on frags rather than travel -but my parents brought me a bottle of Alaskan Mist (smells similar to CK1),or the Egoluxe Feminine (like Baby doll by YSL) that Dad brought back from a business trip to Germany.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Synching today in SL Ambre Sultan which I discovered whilst I was away in Edinburgh. I'm on my second bottle now but in the intervening years it has lost some of it's claws

In synch with NIRMALA, which I bought from the lovely Molinard
    boutique in Nice. This little shop has soaps of every hue and scent on display outside
    and all the perfumes displayed enticingly in the small, but friendly
    inside.

Nirmala is a very full-on, almost blousy scent packed full of ripe fruits and therefore
    has an almost boozy quality to it. It can wear you if not applied with sufficient restraint!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Yay - an actual reason to wear my latest love again! I'm in sync in Shalimar Parfum Initial, which I picked up on our trip to China and Japan last month. As I was just saying to the folks over on the sotd thread, I really didn't expect to like this very much, being a Shalimar and all, but I was wrong - one spritz and I was hooked. I wanted something new and different to remember the trip by, and this was my choice for evenings. And it really was a perfect choice - I absolutely adore it and all the special memories it holds in its tender flesh-hued juice.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Egoluxe for me today- my car's A/C isn't working so something that will last is preferable.The Alaskan Mist is more like 4711 than CK1 and won't last very long.
    Fragrance Omnivore

I've just come back from Spain and I was given Fragonard Bleu Riviera. A younger girls perfume IMO but fairly pleasant. A sort of marine violet floral with sweeter vanillin nuances.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Dolce Vita today, a fragrance I bought while on a cruise in March 1996. We were on the island of Martinique, a French island. There was a lovely department store, can't remember the name but it was very French. The cosmetics and fragrance areas were large and well stocked with a lot of things I couldn't buy in Kansas ... This was before my perfume obsession began, and I think back and wish I knew then what I know now. I remember I also bought some L'occitane perfume, I think it was called Bourbon Vanilla. It was in such a cute square bottle with a very exotic looking label. Well, it was exotic to this fragrance newbie who had never seen L'occitane in any store at that time.

I wore Dolce Vita the rest of the cruise ... I still love it!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

I synced in Caron's Royal Bain de Champagne which was one of the only perfumes I had back the 80'-90's. This bottle is from Printemps Paris
    A Scent Rescuer

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Bonsai, welcome back. You have been missed bunches (although everybody was doing the great job putting the thread on top as the necessity arose). Where did you go? Italy?
    Thank you for the kind words. No, the Italy trip with the cute L'Erbolario shop was a short work travel about a year ago. We went sailing this summer, island-hopping along the north coast of Germany (East- and North-Frisian islands).

So tomorrow is floral Friday. So roses or white floral choices for me

Basenotes Plus

ooh I have a massage appointment tomorrow (squeel) Florals will work well for that
    A Scent Rescuer

On this cold, rainy day, I stretched the concept of a "floral" a bit and went for No. 5 Eau Premiere.

Went for rose vs vetiver: Diptique's Vetyverio.

Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare for me this week, this one I am very stingy about. Rarely worn but much loved by me. Of course my bottle came from 30 Roses, like lots of other BNers' did. Was such a great opportunity to buy this one reasonably. Love this best of all when it's hot outside, today will be perfect for this lovely.

bonsai, so nice to have you back! We missed our fearless leader!

Caron Fleurs de Rocaille vintage extract.
    DONNA

Basenotes Junkie anomie et ivoire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey there flower children. Ombre Rose L'Original de Jean Brosseau: for me so much about iris, much less rose.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Okay, I must be a bit dense today, LOL-- clearly it's roses today (PerfumedLady for once I should be able to synch!) but where is there a grand list off what the synch is for each Friday?

I'll wear FdTRB also!

Synced this morning in a tiny spray of Molinard Violette on one wrist and Molinard Muguet on the other. Refreshing yet retro

Lol, 30R it's florals today, you are close enough and certainly well stocked for this sync! Glad you chose your Creed; it' s been making me so happy all morning!

The big master list is on page one of this thread. I have to dig it up every week because I still have not made myself a sync calender, like some of these smarties have.

Pure Poison by Dior A nice and pure floral for today
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Resplendent in florals Ormonde Jayne-style: Osmanthus shower gel (although unfortunately I get a bit of a Flash-Lemon vibe with this) and Tiare edp.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Lol, 30R it's florals today, you are close enough and certainly well stocked for this sync! Glad you chose your Creed; it' s been making me so happy all morning!

The big master list is on page one of this thread. I have to dig it up every week because I still have not made myself a sync calender, like some of these smarties have.
    Oh, duh, there it is!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by anomie et ivoire View Post
    Hey there flower children.
    LOL! (knit warbles) if you're goiiiing to Saaan Fraaan- cisco, be sure to weaaaar flowers in your hair.
    A Scent Rescuer

I'm synching in Ecume de Rose - Rosine perfumes, courtesy of a kind BNer

Synching this wet evening with Un Matin D'Orage - an abstract gardenia

Crisp gardenia and other white flowers - Ellenisia by Penhaligon

Blog Entries

------

Basenotes Plus

Rose Kashmirie by Rosine this morning
    now it's les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne by Chanel-
    A Scent Rescuer

Blog Entries

Aptly for floral sync, Ophelia by Heeley courtesy of a wonderful BN friend.
    Jasmine, a touch of tuberose, some greenery but not the kind that makes a floral go into floral green. A scent of this Summer, feels like.

Didn't have time to chime in, but I decided to sync with y'all this week. Wore Centaur by MPG, a rather leafy green jasmine with a hint of smooth, creamy powder. It has a very classical, masculine feel, which was appropriate - I was in a workshop with a bunch of people I don't know so well...

Frag with a musical theme tomorrow. Diva, Arpege, Calypso, No 5 (for Beethoven), superworldunknown (inspired by a swedish musician I think)? That's it from my collection. Any other ideas anyone?

Further thought - a frag composed by Bernard Chant! Well, chanting is like singing, sort of ...
    Last edited by devilcat; 6th September 2012 at 02:11 PM.

I have wierd one called Pianissimo. I know nothing about it. The label is rubbing off, so it's obviously a quality item.... lol

It looks like Wagner, then Eau de parfum, then on the bottom it says KECOFA Kerkrade NL, 100ml, hash 5137

Any thoughts welcome
    Last edited by mumsy; 6th September 2012 at 01:37 PM.

My samples from JHAG arrived today, so Calamity J(ane), one of my all time favourite musical movies. Secret Love, Whip Crack Away.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    My samples from JHAG arrived today, so Calamity J(ane), one of my all time favourite musical movies. Secret Love, Whip Crack Away.
    Oooh I could do that one too - I love Calamity J (both 'fume and film), but I won't pinch your idea Donna!

I have a choice of three Duet, Lyric and Sex Pistols choices, choices

Hmm, I'll have to dig around, because the only thing that comes to mind is Wazamba - an african musical instrument

hmmm.... well, there is Songes, Chamade, and no. 22 (as in Piano Sonata no. 22 by Beethoven) which I am having a fling with this week, so it may have to be that one.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and how about Love Potion no. 9 ?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Any by Beyoncé, Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion, Justin Bieber and of course the new Lady Gaga Fame. This is in no way an endorsement of any of their music or perfumes bearing their names, but each of their job descriptions is technically "musician." I own none of these, but for those who do, today would be the day to rock out with them. Speaking of which, there's 37 "Rock" perfumes in the Directory. I checked, and there really is a perfume called "Symphony" by Bizet (?) but I almost wonder if that is a joke.

Also, any perfume with the word Diva, Opera, Aria or Song or Songe in its name:

Casta Diva
    by Nobile 1942 (2009)

Diva
    by Note Fragrances (2006)

Diva
    by Ungaro (1983)

Diva Rose
    by Ungaro (2011)

Divas
    by Ungaro (2000)

Divas Free Your Glee
    by Glee (2011)

Fleur de Diva
    by Ungaro (1997)

Opera
    by Rasasi

Opera III
    by Roberto Capucci (1999)

Opera IV
    by Roberto Capucci (2000)

Rose Opéra
    by Le Jardin Retrouvé

Aria
    by Paulo Gigli (2009)

Aria di Capri
    by Carthusia (2003)

Aria di Mare
    by Il Profumo (2002)

Aria Missoni
    by Missoni (1987)

Ocean Song
    by Auric Blends

Song de Chine
    by Crabtree & Evelyn (1997)

Song in D Minor No. 13
    by Tokyo Milk

Song of Songs
    by Ayala Moriel (2002)

Songbird
    by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz (2010)

Songe de Tulipe
    by Il Profumo (2008)

Songe Pour Elle
    by Lilly de Rêve (2011)

Songe Pour Lui
    by Lilly de Rêve (2011)

Songeries
    by Galimard (2011)

Songes
    by Annick Goutal (2006)

Wind Song
    by Prince Matchabelli (1952)

Wind Song Breezy
    by Prince Matchabelli (1976)

And Stradivari by Prince Matchabelli. I wish I had that one. Resin? I wonder.

I'm sure I'm only scratching the surface. There's a lot of perfumes.

Personally, I'll go with Arpège.
    Last edited by professor goggles; 7th September 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Oooh I could do that one too - I love Calamity J (both 'fume and film), but I won't pinch your idea Donna!
    Go for it, I don't mind at all!
    DONNA

Ok, on goes the Pianissimo......

Eeeeu..... cheap hairspray scent. Fruity, amber synthetics. I will endure this for a bit.... but I may join another band before long.... A vanillic note is emerging. It has that metallic harsh note like the sharp edge of plastic or penicillin. No idea what that note is. Sorry guys, this non-surprisingly is a total scrubber. This could grade as a cheap car air freshener perhaps or a washing conditioner liquid scent.

I'm off to find another song instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Scrubbed and re-fraggled

Roberto Capucci - Opera IV pour homme, edt strength

Took a severe battle to get the lid off. I nearly gave up. but I'm glad I didn't. It explains why I haven't put it on before. I bought it with a job lot of mint condition unused minis eons ago.

A completely delightful very traditional classic citric/herbal/floral manly niff. I would say for an older refined sort of chap. I'm amazed this is edt, it is more like a cologne strength. I'm surprised we don't hear more about this one. It's a superb classic linen suit summer day sort of wear. I could snuggle into someone wearing this. I love it. This was made for a real man who probably lives in a hot place. I can see a mediterranean stylish man wearing it or in fact anyone in a hotter country. There is an anisic or peppermint twist emerging as I write, keeping it from being dull, whilst the background is being a classic chypre type mossy, greeny, woodsy thing. It is keeping light whilst being deep at the same time but not overpowering. There is a merest hint of something like suede with the minty/fruity sparkle on top. It reminds me a tiny bit of a classy and light version of Duc de Vervins by Houbigant.

Great ideas above!
    I'm test driving L'Artisan Batucada - "Batucada" being a version of Samba. I do like it's slight animalic undertone but it won't be put on my "to buy" list.

Btw, as far as I know Songes by AG refers to "dreams" and not to singing.

Finally scented myself after hospital and Drs again. Lyric Woman mmmm.....

Hiya everyone! I have been so busy. I have missed our little Friday soirées. What a cracker today. Thank You professor goggles. Well straight away I thought what a great excuse to wear Moulin Rouge, but I have changed my mind and I am going to join devilcat and Donna225 in Calamity J, from a sample.

Oh, wonderful posts this week gang!

I thought like Foustie (big surprise) and nearly went for Moulin Rouge. But I have the Weil pass here and it's so large that I feel I must stay on track. Then it hit me- "Duh, PL this Weil pass was organized by jujy!" Jujy, our resident professional musician! Anything I choose of hers will do! In my mind at least.

So, I'm in sync in Weil's Padisha. Yes, I am.

Great list professor G! I wore Calypso today, but will go with Calamity J this evening. I'll be in good company

Blog Entries

Incidentally before checking the theme, I put on Gres Cabaret this morning. LOTS of it, because this little cheapie gem usually fades to a lemonade skin scent on me. Not today: spray 4+ times and it's smokey bars and sheer rose/patch cocktails. Oldschool Berlin and LIIIIIIZAAAAAH. "Life is a cabaret, old chum..."

(Re-posting from SoTD board):

I'm swooping in to do the Synch Friday - scents with music associations - before heading back "out" to hit the books some more. Miss you all, and hope everyone is doing wonderfully!

Backstory for today's fragrance choice: My oldest kid (who left for college in Chicago a couple of weeks ago - I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A COLLEGE-AGE CHILD!!!) asked me awhile ago what my "theme song" was... The tune that just shows up all the time in your head as you're going about your life. First off, I realized I did have a theme song, but hadn't been actively aware of it. Secondly, I thought it was extremely cool that my kid not only was aware of the theme song phenomenon, but brought it to my attention and asked me about it. Anyhow I had to admit that my theme song is (somewhat embarrassingly) "Tea for Two" from the musical No-No Nanette. It runs through my head all the time whenever there is 'space.' I don't even like the song all that much, but there you have it, my theme song anyway.

So my SOTD is Tea for Two by L'Artisan, which just happens to be one of my very favorite frags, and which the powers that be have decided to discontinue.

Anybody else have a theme song?
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Yay - I'm finally in sync in Balenciaga's Prélude ...now, I already posted the rather obvious video (sorry) on the sotd thread, but would y'all like a little Bach for this thread, too?

Yes? Okay, here ya go -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    (Re-posting from SoTD board):

I'm swooping in to do the Synch Friday - scents with music associations - before heading back "out" to hit the books some more. Miss you all, and hope everyone is doing wonderfully!

Backstory for today's fragrance choice: My oldest kid (who left for college in Chicago a couple of weeks ago - I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A COLLEGE-AGE CHILD!!!) asked me awhile ago what my "theme song" was... The tune that just shows up all the time in your head as you're going about your life. First off, I realized I did have a theme song, but hadn't been actively aware of it. Secondly, I thought it was extremely cool that my kid not only was aware of the theme song phenomenon, but brought it to my attention and asked me about it. Anyhow I had to admit that my theme song is (somewhat embarrassingly) "Tea for Two" from the musical No-No Nanette. It runs through my head all the time whenever there is 'space.' I don't even like the song all that much, but there you have it, my theme song anyway.

So my SOTD is Tea for Two by L'Artisan, which just happens to be one of my very favorite frags, and which the powers that be have decided to discontinue.

Anybody else have a theme song?
    Comdiva- that's a pretty excellent theme song!

My theme song is Fleetwood Mac - Gypsy. It has been all of my life. Being of some Romani heritage has nothing to do with it, but I also don't really find Stevie's use of the word gypsy offensive (compared to the way it's usually thrown around). It's a lovely old-fashioned vibe kind of lilting-yet-torch song. Perfumes that go well with it for me: Ombre Rose, old Arpege, vintage L'Heure Bleue ... all in actual scent, not reputation.

I was stumped, then realized I'd synched without realizing it - Opus 1870!

I don't know if I consider it a theme song, but pretty much anytime I'm whistling unconsciously, it's "Let it Snow"...