Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,140 of 1213
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Way hay! An early outing for my new decant of SL Violette de Bois
    +1 on that.

I have been wearing TF Oud Wood the past 2 days, admittedly, not on it's own, but i feel like wearing something new, and i loved my initial spritz of Sergy Boy, so he's accompanying me on my travels tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone! Y'all smell soooooooo good ...especially donna.

I'm also in Bois des Îles, my usual double dose of parfum and edt.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite woody scent? Geez, most of my wardrobe is woody. I like to wear florals, as long as it's a woody floral, and I like to wear orientals, as long as it's a woody oriental, and I like to wear citrus, as long as it's a woody citrus.

Too many choices for favorite, so I decided to revisit a possible future favorite: HDP's Jules Verne (1828). I really enjoy the treatment that the cedar gets in this one. It's a very nice, smooth, creamy cedar, maybe Atlas or Himalayan, definitely not one of the Juniper-family cedars. And it's quite well blended with the other notes, producing my favorite thing in a fragrance, a smooth, seamless "chord", where the combination of notes produces something quite unexpected, odd, and somewhat indescribable. I wish it lasted a bit longer, but this is the kind of fragrance I'd be happy to add to my collection.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Been in SL Bois de Violette too cold in the opening to be a totally woody to my nose and is certainly a better summer wood that autumnal wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry guys, I didn't get to check in on Friday. What lovely woody fragrances. I would be happy with ANY of them. My wee special for Friday was Xerjoff Richwood, from a sample. It is goooorgeous!! Still on the synch theme today with Tom Ford Santal Blush, also gorg!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really pay attention to ad campaigns. I see the Chanel ads, but pay no attention(okay I channel hop in the ad breaks) Don't buy magazines any more.

So it will be a miss from me tomorrow.
    DONNA

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Im don't really pay attention to ads either so another miss

Post Thanks / Like

Spoilt for choice really, since I regard most 'fume ads and descriptions as a load of old marketing cobblers. Got me thinking of the reverse: a scent you hate but with a good advert, in which case my vote would go to Ricci Ricci.

Will probably wear Kenzo Amour tomorrow. This from escentual: "Kenzo Amour, is both an evocation and the fruit of a languid voyage of love in Asia, punctuated by encounters, soft sensations and perfumes bursting with life. Olfactory souvenirs brought back from a journey through India, Indonesia, Japan, Myanmar and Thailand. Sensually elongated bottles that evoke a bird, symbolizing a voyage of love taking flight. Kenzo Amour... a voyage of love..."

Let's cut to the chase shall we? It smells like rice pudding. I do love it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey y'all -

I wrapped up my week of roses for today, and synching was easy-peasy! I've been yammering about it enough already ...I don't like the Dior Addict ads, but the fragrance is beautiful and luscious, so that's what I'm in today.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

My rant is directed at the Kelly Caleche print ads. This scent is one of my favorites from my collection but I find the ad to be beneath Hermes' usual simple and elegant style. And the model in liquid black leather, whip in tow has NOTHING to do with this perfume. It"s not a badass leather, as the photos would imply. I don't think anyone who has tried this would call this a "black leather". It's luxury purse leather and Hermes could have gotten this ad so perfect because what do they make?- the Kelly bag! Have never understood why they didn't link into their beautiful leather goods with the KC ad campaign. But I'll forgive them because I love JCE!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's funny, I went and looked up KC ad. Whoa! That's some whip!

I was not going to be in sync because I am trying to go through Dior exclusive collection samples right now, but... I think I will be in sync after all, closer to the afternoon. Today I got my Las Vegas FB purchase in the mail (psst, I haven't even mentioned it on "Today I bought" thread nor on our trip thread). It is Nuda by Nasomatto, and it is a gorgeous happy jasmine, it is not too dirty but there is definitely a heady indolic feel to it. But it is happy! Not creepy! And this ad that I found for it is creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy:

Just look at it. Ugh. Disturbing. And Nuda is such a happy scent, it does not make me think of nudity, especially not such creepy nudity. I am more likely to connect these images to it:

P.S. How do I get rid of these annoying thumb previews for the pics I post?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Warum; 12th October 2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: lots of trouble with images, arrrrgghhhh

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, my goodness, all that weird webbing makes the nude look like she's had a bikini wax gone very, very wrong! Creepy indeed- I think you win this week, Warum! At least the KC photos could make an attractive ad for a much darker scent. The Nuda ad is just disturbing!

Glad you found yourself a pretty new jasmine! And we heard it here first, how exciting! Enjoy your new "baby"!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know any ads that I hate either. I don't often see any, actually. And if there was an ad I hated I probably wouldn't have the fragrance, not because of the ad but because...???...I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I agree. Kelly Caleche may win for me too. And I love the scent. It is cold and dreary here in the mountains of Virginia today, so a bit of a warm leather goodness wrapping its arms around me sounds lovely.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Post Thanks / Like

Not a lot of what I buy has ads that I can come across easily. And, besides being totally cheezy, most ads don't do anything for me one way or another. But then I remembered... I wouldn't say I love this fragrance, but I own and enjoy it, it's simple and woody and easy to spray on and forget about, and it's very dry and unsweet. A very nice, masculine scent, and different for a designer offering. But I don't think I'll ever come across an ad that turns me off as much as:

mj-bang1.jpg

I refuse to post a large picture of the ad... Luckily, it appears that the court of mass appeal agrees with me on this one, and I was able to pick up a 50ml bottle for $20 at Marshall's!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Oh, my goodness, all that weird webbing makes the nude look like she's had a bikini wax gone very, very wrong! Creepy indeed- I think you win this week, Warum! At least the KC photos could make an attractive ad for a much darker scent. The Nuda ad is just disturbing!

Glad you found yourself a pretty new jasmine! And we heard it here first, how exciting! Enjoy your new "baby"!
    Yup. Look at these fingers, it looks a bit as if they were burned off, ewwwwwwww!
    I agree that KC ad could work pretty well with some other scent.
    I am enjoying my new baby very much, thanks! will write about it a little more tonight (hopefully) when I put out my Saturday part of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    Not a lot of what I buy has ads that I can come across easily. And, besides being totally cheezy, most ads don't do anything for me one way or another. But then I remembered... I wouldn't say I love this fragrance, but I own and enjoy it, it's simple and woody and easy to spray on and forget about, and it's very dry and unsweet. A very nice, masculine scent, and different for a designer offering. But I don't think I'll ever come across an ad that turns me off as much as:

mj-bang1.jpg

I refuse to post a large picture of the ad... Luckily, it appears that the court of mass appeal agrees with me on this one, and I was able to pick up a 50ml bottle for $20 at Marshall's!
    Gosh, this ad is pretty bad, Al Gae! Fits perfectly with the sync

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I remembered a series of TV "mini Films" directed by Baz Luhrman, starring Nicole Kidman which were loads of pretentious old tosh. Hence No5 has been my scent of choice today

Post Thanks / Like

^Lol, Alityke, I know the ones you're referring to - they were pretty silly. I agree with y'all on that ridiculous Bang ad, too.

Warum - I can completely understand how that ad vs. what you find to be an innocent jasmine perfume might cause a bit of cognitive dissonance, but I think the illustration's quite intriguing and interesting ...I really like it, lol. It actually makes me want to sample Nuda, and I haven't had any interest in it at all up to now. Funny how that can work, huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Warum - I can completely understand how that ad vs. what you find to be an innocent jasmine perfume might cause a bit of cognitive dissonance, but I think the illustration's quite intriguing and interesting ...I really like it, lol. It actually makes me want to sample Nuda, and I haven't had any interest in it at all up to now. Funny how that can work, huh?
    Wow, it IS funny how that works! Nuda is not THAT innocent, it does have a twinkle in one's eye and one needs to be quite fond of jasmine. But now that I look at this ad I wonder if this is an ad for Narcotic Venus. THAT actually would make a lot of sense! I got this ad from an article on 1000 fragrances blog describing the launch of Nuda, but... but... who knows? I'm going to look it up.

One scent comes to mind: Chanel's new Coco Noir. There is nothing really "noir" about this except the nice bottle. This is a spin on Coco Mademoiselle and the original Coco, and essentially a "fruitchouli."

I actually like this. Not my top 10 or even top 50, but something pleasant and wearable.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I'm scent twins with Al Gae !
    Fragrance Omnivore

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Wow, it IS funny how that works! Nuda is not THAT innocent, it does have a twinkle in one's eye and one needs to be quite fond of jasmine. But now that I look at this ad I wonder if this is an ad for Narcotic Venus. THAT actually would make a lot of sense! I got this ad from an article on 1000 fragrances blog describing the launch of Nuda, but... but... who knows? I'm going to look it up.
    I looked it up - it is for Nuda. Here's a better view. I suppose I can see how it might seem slightly lurid, but I really don't find it creepy ...I think it's sensual and beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for finding a clearer version of it, Evangeline! It looks MUCH MUCH better this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Friday tomorrow. Lots to choose from for the synch (water). I guess anything with Eau or Aqua in the name will hit the target, although that does seem a tad dull. Still, at least I can do better than a splash of H2O behind the ears. Maybe Missoni Aqua or Uncle Serge's L'Eau. Anyone have more interesting interpretations?? Traversee du Bosphore perhaps?
    Last edited by devilcat; 18th October 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A water synch...I'll have to think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked my wardrobe and have a number with the name Eau in them. Otherwise I don't do aquatic which is what I think when water is mentioned.
    DONNA

Hmm well any aquatic scent could work . I've got Nautica Woman ,Eternity,L'eau D' Issey(sp?),My Voyage,Pure Turquoise (sort of aquatic-ish -Hey at least the name/color is waterish!) ,Blv,Blv Notte,Absolute Blv,Mary Kay Spa Scent in the green or Blue bottles the blue is called Sea Level and is a tiny bit salty. I'll probably wear my newest acquisition Bvlgari Aqva Marine.
    Fragrance Omnivore

No idea what to wear for water...... I might have a SL sample somewhere just called L'eau (I think). It had a white packet....

Post Thanks / Like

Water, huh? I'm not feeling very inspired by that at the moment ...I guess I'll have to see about it in the morning, but I might be sitting this one out.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose, technically, anyone who wears an "eau de toilette" will be in synch. I was hoping not to have to resort to that, but I'm not really in an aquatic mood. Then again, if it is as warm tomorrow as it turned out to be today...I may well go for aquatic. I like it when it's difficult. It makes me have to be more creative in my interpretation. That's what's fun about this. We don't have to be so literal. I did bag out on last week's. I couldn't think of a hated ad of a fragrance I loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Crown Perfumery Eau Russe for me. LOL

Aquatic a family I hate with a passion.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    No idea what to wear for water...... I might have a SL sample somewhere just called L'eau (I think). It had a white packet....
    Yeah, and inside was, well , L'eau. Not one of SL's big hits.

I'll do an Acqua. Acqua di Sicilia. It is not watery or aquatic though. It is a robust citrus Cologne with something like cypress to give it an extra twang. One of my old fragrance buddies. I love it.

On the l'eau goes.

Quite tame for him. Pleasant whiff of neroli-ish, lavenderish clean shirts. A minty sparkle in there emerging with a clean floral. It's not bad actually. Clean and laundry bright for those who want that sort of thing. Like a clean just washed linen shirt. None of his normal spicy gourmandy stuff, just clean like scrubbed skin. I wonder if it could disguise an after work body to smell just washed! I'm not going to try that but I reckon it could. I wouldn't have guessed SG on a blind sniff with this one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in sparkly "clear water"- Hermes Eau Claire des Merveilles. Not an aquatic , I took some creative liberties this week.

Post Thanks / Like

I went the same way, PerfumedLady, but I was thinking I wasn't being creative enough! "Marvellous Water" is such a literal translation for Eau des Merveilles, but it still makes me think of actual water more than most fragrances in my wardrobe that happen to have "eau" in their names but don't have much to do with water, and certainly aren't considered aquatics, either.

Post Thanks / Like

Synching in...Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella

Post Thanks / Like

Evangeline, you are always plenty creative! I'm glad you posted the pic, now that's an ad campaign I absolutely love! Would post the Eau Claire ad, which I adore, except I am on the Kindle. Probably a way to do it but I'm not savvy enough to figure it out!

Yes, Eau Claire has a very watery vibe as well, I think. Sheer enough for summer, cozy and powdery enough for winter- I really love this one! A great four season scent. Need to wear this much more often!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

In Chanel No5 Eau de Cologne vintage formulation from a wonderful BN friend. Just gorgeous! Whilst I love No5 in all it's formulations this old stuff sure has some skank in there

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Ile D'Amour EDT by Fragonard,
    Islands,even imaginary ones, are surrounded by water
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhat uncreative yet in-synch with the last of my small decant of Silver Mountain Water. I have to admit, I've harbored a bit of a disdain for the Creed brand philosophy, and the first few of their fragrances I tried did not impress me. This, however, is very nice, and may end up on my shelf sooner rather than later...

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Traversee du Bosphore perhaps?
    I've thought of Traversee as well but then couldn't find a sample of it, it seems I have emptied them all.

I'm not a big fan of most aquatic scents, especially not in cold weather so I pulled out my sample of Baume du Doge from Eau d'Italie. Swoon...

For Water, my choice is Shi by Alfred Sung. "Shi" means water in Japanese and Chinese, and the top of the cap shows a pictogram/character of the word

I like this light aquatic with its frangipani notes.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Syncing in Aqva Marine -it works on me like D&G Lt.Blue (when it smells good on someone) where Lt.Blue falls apart on my skin.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Scent twins with Evangeline, I'm also wearing Eau Des Merveilles today. I daydream of deserted beaches and sun-dried skin, salty waves tickling my toes while wearing this. One of my very favorites!

Tonight, I'm digging out the decant of Carthusia Ligea "La Sirena" ... It's named for a mermaid ... that should bring on some more water-y daydreams!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, triplets!

I too am wearing Eau des Merveilles but in the body cream with the new L'Ambra des Merveilles over top.
    "Mom….now the kitten smells like Chamade!"

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Hey, triplets!

I too am wearing Eau des Merveilles but in the body cream with the new L'Ambra des Merveilles over top.
    Oooohhh I'm really wanting to test that!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Post Thanks / Like

Giving the synch a miss today. This theme requires a bit of thought and all my brain power is being used up elsewhere today! I'm interested to see what others come up with though.

Happy synching!

I'm in L'air du desert Marocain today. The "why" is quite simple: I felt like finally giving a full test drive to my sample. I think it would work even better on a cold, grey day. It's not luminous enough to match the beautiful, crisp morning sunshine.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi y'all!

I'm in sync in Mauboussin Pour Elle, which I bought in Melbourne when we were there for the Australian Open in January. I must admit that I bought it primarily for the bottle after a very cursory sniff that let me know it was pleasant enough, but it was too hot to wear there anyway, so I'm only getting to know it now that it's cooler here. As it turns out, it's a luscious and buttery fruity-floral-gourmand featuring a tantalizing rhubarb note, and I really like it!

It was created in 2011 by Olivier Cresp and Nathalie Lorson, and its notes are rhubarb, red berries, orange blossom, jasmine, rose, gardenia, caramel, amber and sandalwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Not joining in today.
    DONNA

As a Army brat I moved about every 3-4 years growing up,but we didn't travel all that much for amusement.So I'm going to be very literal in my choice today : Mary Kay's Journey.
    Fragrance Omnivore

Post Thanks / Like

Another truant here, like devilcat this one requires me to think creatively and there's just no time for that today. While I do use travel as opportunity to sniff and sample locally unavailable fragrances, I haven't actually made a purchase while traveling since my early 20's. I'm picky and usually overwhelmed by in store sampling. It's better for me to order decants once back home (if samples are not offered) of those that perked up my nose.

I guess I could have gone with something picked up in Chicago but those don't feel very traveled to me! They only had a few hours by car to my house, don't think they count.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw my journey and started to think deep thoughts about the fragrance that encompassed my life's path from a young child to who I am today... then decided I was thinking too hard for a Friday morning, and applied a recent favorite that I picked up during my last trip - the Las Vegas BN meet-up: Guerlain Homme Intense. This was recommended to me by Redneck Perfumisto, and though I usually give a fragrance some time and testing, I tried this one out and picked it up about an hour later on the spot. It's a kind of off melange of just-sweet-enough woods, with the rhubarb and a hint of mint from the opening mojito accord sticking around well into the heart. It's odd: cooling, yet warm, and I think the patchouli really plays a part without really announcing itself. I have a hard time really putting my finger on what I like about it. But I do like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi everyone. For todays synch.... no contest. I am onto this one!! It has to be Santa Maria Novella Peau D'Espagne because it symbolises many journeys for me. First smelled in Florence at the shop in Via della Scalla many years ago, bought in Lucca last year.

To me, it symbolises my journey through my love of fragrance. I recoiled when I first smelled this. I thought that it was incredible but it is very challenging. Now, many years later, I genuinely adore it. It symbolises my fragrant journey to a comfortable and preferred place. I see my journey in it, and I couldn't give two hoots if anyone else thinks it stinks!

It also symbolises my journeys to Italy, a love affair that will never end, and of course, my journey through the most important love of my life. He was with me when I first smelled this and he was with me on the trip when I bought it. So many journeys in this fragrance, so many loves.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, what a nice post, Foustie! Compared to your fragrant journey with Peau D'Espagne my Mauboussin just seems like some smelly souvenir!

I really thought more people would be playing along today ...I suppose I thought everyone brought home a new perfume when they traveled.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

So a fragrance that makes you feel sexy.

Now this could be interesting

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

My Sin vintage Eau de Lanvin. What else? Ah, Magie Noire would work, too, and then there is Habanita. I didn't realize I had such a sexy 'drobe!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Post Thanks / Like

LouLou
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Post Thanks / Like

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, sex in a bottle.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello everyone. Well I had to really think about this one today. I have long been aware that I don't actually find fragrance sexy, interesting yes, attractive, oh yes, sensual certainly, irresistable even. I love it! I have followed behind a man in the supermarket just to catch his trail of Terre D'Hermes! But I very rarely find it sexy.

If I had to choose something because I wanted to feel va va voom, it would be Tabac Blond or Chanel Coco , neither of which I am wearing today.

I am interested to see what you all suggest!