Code of Conduct
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,200 of 1213

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2012

I'm with you, Foustie. I don't know what fragrance makes me feel specifically sexy. Scent per se doesn't arouse me sexually. It's all context for me. I'll have to think of a fragrance that brings a certain context to mind. Hmm...thinking. It could be something like Eau d'Hadrien. It could be anything. Maybe a masculine fragrance. Who knows. Thinking further: I have no idea what scent I could wear that would make me feel like I am perceived as sexually desirable. Bacon? Pumpkin Pie? Lavender? Pineapple? All those scents they experiment with. What else? If I feel sexy I will project sexy, no? Probably something extremely expensive with civet and musk, like vintage Joy parfum. Not, Tabu, which is supposed to be sexy. I think it's more cozy. Mine would have to be Joy parfum. Ok, I've worked that out, but I don't have any! Lol!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 2nd November 2012 at 01:28 PM.

Vintage Opium today. Just a little Edt for work

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Jaipur Homme today. The first time I wore Jaipur was actually the first time I wore a "men's scent" ... I felt so uber sexy wearing something masculine. I felt like a rebel, as if I had a dark secret and I liked the way I felt while wearing it. I really haven't ever lost that feeling with Jaipur.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I totally get that, Shadesofbleu...it is sexy wearing a men's fragrance that you love...sort of liberating...and as you say a delicious little secret. That and a man's shirt. As a matter of fact, I think it is sexier to wear a masculine fragrance than it is to wear the sexiest feminine scent.

For our "fire" sync tomorrow I am planning on wearing Serge Noir. It feels like sitting near the fireplace on a cold winter day - love it.

So a smouldering camp fire vibe is okay. Or hot and spicy.
    DONNA

I could wear Shalimar edc, which smells a tad smoky. Not sure what it will be yet. Thinking.

Like the smoky idea - suggests L'Air du Desert Marocain to me. Or Le Feu D'Issey, from my tiny sample vial. That's fiery in name, if not in nature.

Sycomore will be my pick for tomorrow.
    Burn, baby, BURN!!

Ooh, fire! Well, that's my astrological element, and I think that's reflected in my wardrobe to a certain extent ...well, I always seem to be describing my warmer perfumes as smouldering, so maybe I prefer embers to actual flames, lol. At any rate, I believe I have several that would be just perfect for this sync, so I'll definitely be playing with y'all!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Flowerbomb by V&R
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Hey y'all -

I'm in Nahema, daughter of fire!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

CB I hate perfume Burning Leaves for me!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Oh, I like this one! In 2012 I have fallen for: Bas de Soie, Une Voix Noire, Love and Tears, Seven Veils, Cashmere Mist, Portrait of a Lady, Exultat, Jasmin Rouge, Santal Majuscule, Santal Blanc, Rose Etoille de Hollande and Equistrius.

Some were 2012 releases and loves at first sniff. Others were re-visits of samples I didn't find interesting when tested some time ago but now they just seemed perfect.

Will be interesting for me as well.

Discovered

Parfumerie Generale and JHAG
    SL Arabie
    AG Myrrhe Ardente
    DONNA

Calamity J (uliette ) by JHAG
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

My three favourite discoveries this year have been Traversee du Bosphore, Vetiver Pour Elle and Cuir Ottoman. Will be one of those for me tomorrow.

Well Parfumerie Generale Iris Taizo No14. I was given a sample of this earlier in the year, it was total love on first sniff and my journey into the PG world. I now own 5 bottles plus a large decant from this house.

It nearly was JHAG Calamity J or Citizen Queen.
    DONNA

I have finally chosen something I haven't listed in my previous post: Mitsouko. I tested it about a year ago and put it aside as uninteresting. I re-tested it a few months ago and I love it. It's classy, grown-up and elegant. Now I am the happy owner of a beautiful mini.

donna, Iris Taizo and Citizen Queen are also big favourites of mine - great scents!

This has been a particulary good year of discovery for me too.

The Ramon Monegal Line

The Maitre Parfumer et Gantier Line, the masculines in particular.

Ava Luxe Roses and Peony Fragrances.

Nice individual discoveries;

By Kilian Back to Black

Guerlain Sous Le Vent

MPEG Eau Des Isles

O'Driu Laurhum

Etro Patchouli

MDCI Chypre Palatin

and many, many more........

Today I am going for Etro Patchouli

This is easy today. I have just been totally smitten by the very front opening of Dzing. The dry down is most disappointing in contrast, but the beginning is stinky heaven. The drydown is still nice but predictable and safe. Thank you to the lovely BNer that just sent me that one. You know who you are. I drink to the elephants and cardboard beginning and will have to just keep re-applying all day...

I smell lots of perfumes but there is the occasional one that just makes you want to bury your nose in your arm and stay there.

Hello fragrant friends I'm no longer on the MIA list.

Syched in a love discovered in 2012 serendipatously. I'm wearing Spirituese Double Vanille. Nom nom nom nom nom

(((Alityke!))) Glad to see you!

Ooh, yes Foustie, I could have gone with RM Impossible Iris, or Cuirelle if I had any left. Still being very stingy with the iris decant, so absolutely could have worn that one. These two are hands-down my favorite releases of the year and both are on my wishlist.

My pick ended up being EL Private Collection. Not new, in fact it's from the year I was born, 1973. Many of you know I'm always intetested in trying classics I missed in my early perfumista years. This one was recommended by cacio, sample supplied by jujy and instant love for PL. What an awesome zingy green- so great it makes me sad I spent so many years without it.

Two more very notable classic/vintage discoveries- Weil Antilope and Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Didn't post yesterday but I was among the syncing brethren in Shalimar Ode a la Vanille Sur la Route Du Madagascar
    Discovered this gorgeous baby thanks to matildaben at the BN meetup in Vegas.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Tomorrow will be tough - lots of scents in my collection fit this particular bill. I'll probably go for one of my neglected designer frags like Envy, Paloma Picasso or Missoni - great frags I don't wear often enough.

Lor, that is a hard one for tomorrow. Vintage Carven ma Griffe perfume strength comes to mind, or Jaipur by Boucheron.... don't know yet... Just lots I expect. I may have to be covered like a patchwork blanket.

Oh tough one for me. So many treasures in my collection. But I had decided on Crown Perfumery Eau de Russe. I bought this for only a few pounds as a blind buy, loved it so much went back and bought a spare bottle. Was it really created for Tzar Nicholas? Who cares its gorgeous.
    DONNA

Another serendipatous synch. SL Ambre Sultan which I wear rarely as Mr Ali actively dislikes it. I adore it but take his views into account. Its a dress down work day so I've worn it because it's not in the least worklike and corporate

I like todays theme. I have been thinking this verty thing quite a bit recently. How is it that you discover a fragrance that blows you away then a loooong time later you think, "why don't I wear that more often" Precisely. So without further ado, today I am wearing Esvedra by Laboratorio Olfativo.

My choice was Rochas' Alchimie. I was on cloud nine when I managed to score a bottle of this discontinued beauty for a very reasonable amount. And then... haven't worn it a single time during the two years I've had it. Why? I couldn't tell because I do find it a great cold weather fragrance with it's spicy baked pumpkin vibe. So Alchimie's time has finally arrived and I am really happy it did. I am surely going to wear it more often during the winter.

bleu autumn haze

I forgot to post here yesterday, but I wore Black Cashmere and enjoyed it very much. It is dark, rich, spicy yet smooth as fine cashmere ... why don't I wear this more often?

Favorite gourmand tomorrow, I will need to start thinking now.

Oh my word I love my gourmands! Might well get the Angel A Taste of Fragrance out which I very rarely wear. That would combining tomorrow's and last weeks synch.

But and it's a BIG FAT BUT also hiding away is a jewelled bottle of EL Amber Ylang Ylang extrait which is just so edible in all it's banana topped vanilla icecream glory.

Or PG Tonkamande just swoon inducing

Aarrrggghhh.... Too many choices

Favorite Gourmand?My best fragrance category after the orientals...Vanille Noir by Yves Rocher or Angel Taste of Fragrance ,or La Petite Robe Noir or.....there are so many!!!!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

I should have checked up yesterday as I have a few almond like fragrances. Now I am ready to get dressed and in a dither other which one?????????

SL Louve!
    DONNA

Traversee du Bosphore for me. Fruit, leather, iris, turkish delight and a hint of cardboard - close to the scent of a newly opened box of chocolates. I like this stuff more every time I wear it.

Aw! Gourmands are not a preferred genre for me, but I could have gone for something with Almond, then I remembered that I had a sample of Aomasssai, so the synch has given me a chance to wear that. When I tried it the first time I was struck by a hazelnut note, today it is so much more. This is a really interesting fragrance. I begins with a pronounced burnt sugar caramel note then toasted hazelnuts, then a kind of liquorice note joins in (not anise-ey, it is like that the black liquorice that you eat). The whole stays dry though which keeps interesting for me. It becomes woody in time. Really good.

Started synching at bed time last night. I couldn't wait I started with EL Amber Ylang Ylang extrait. Banoffee pie and ice cream.... Gorgeously smooth sweetness.

Today's synch has been TM Angel a Taste of Fragrance. Dry powdery cocoa which dries to a softer Angel but lacks its mama's longevity. Really looking forward to the weekend sniff and speak

I don't really do gourmand scents. I was going to go and put on Monas Vanille but I have just remembered I have a sample of SL Five O'Clock au Gingembre and that is perfect for today. I wouldn't say my fave but I need to try it on again to remember.

Basenotes Plus

a smidge of the very potent Byredo Pulp for me
    A Scent Rescuer

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I wore Portrait of a Lady by Malle with it tasty black currant and raspberry which I can still smell 8 hours into this frag.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

bleu autumn haze

Favorite gourmand? Why, Angel of course!

Tomorrow's travel theme "Great white North" is really fitting. Everything is white outside and we are expecting more snow tomorrow. I'll pull out something powdery, Teint de Neige or Citizen Queen, maybe Lou Lou.

- - - Updated - - -

Planning of the 2013 syncs

There are only four syncs left and we reach the end of our list. Shall we start collecting ideas for the 2013 syncs?

I'd be happy to manage the 2013 sync forum, but if there's anybody who would love to do it then please speak up and you can take it over.

To kick-start the flow of ideas: there were a few syncs which did not make it into the 2012 list due to a shortage of Fridays. Here they are:

Day of The Roses
    The latest niche scent you bought
    Your most abstract, "artificial" scent
    Your most concrete, life-like scent

Please let us know if you have a sync idea you'd like to put on the 2013 list.
    Last edited by bonsai; 6th December 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Bonsai, for the whole year you have been doing the best of the jobs managing this whole thread, putting it to the top, modifying the very first post to reflect the dates, etc. (I know you have been away on a vacation or something a couple of weeks, but in general your skills were superb). Whether you and/or other people decide who continues this in 2013, I would like to publicly THANK YOU: for sticking up, for thoroughly following through, for being a good sport, for being an example of how things should be done.

Yes, thank you for the interesting and inventive selections.

I am thinking of Annick Goutal Nuit Etoile because of the pine note. That is of course if I can find my purse spray!!!!!

Okay, finally found it!!!!!!! It wasn't with my usual decants and minis. Knew I had not given it away and what the box looked liked.
    Last edited by donna255; 6th December 2012 at 12:24 PM.
    DONNA

Eeek! I forgot! But you will never believe it......

I am wearing O'Driu Linfidele 1003 today and it makes me think of a Celtic Forest, green, trees, and herbs, and oxygen, a Northern Forest. And there is snow forecast here today. So, a northern forest with snow on! *gasp*. Spooky huh?

Oh come on, one point for trying? Where's mumsy? She'll give me one.

I'll give you 2 for trying F

Teint de Neige or Eau D'Hiver? Snow forecast so may dip out as I'm not sure I want to smell of winter in the cold

Okay, it will be Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee for me.

I did say because of the pine note, pine makes me think northern frosty forests. And this is Siberian pine with cool peppermint.
    DONNA

Easy-peasy for me today. My little brain processed perfume + Great White North and spit out Ernest Beaux + Arctic Circle + aldehydes. No.5 it is, freezing cold Arctic air in a bottle.

Cristalle - it smells fresh and clean, but with a sharp edge. Like taking a deep breath in sub-zero temperatures.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Bonsai, for the whole year you have been doing the best of the jobs managing this whole thread, putting it to the top, modifying the very first post to reflect the dates, etc. (I know you have been away on a vacation or something a couple of weeks, but in general your skills were superb). Whether you and/or other people decide who continues this in 2013, I would like to publicly THANK YOU: for sticking up, for thoroughly following through, for being a good sport, for being an example of how things should be done.
    Just so! thank you both
    A Scent Rescuer

Any ideas for tomorrow? Earth.
    DONNA

Terre d'Hermes was my first thought, but that's a bit literal. I'm thinking 'soil' rather than 'planet', so might go with Coromandel since I get an earthy, compost vibe with that one (more pleasant than it sounds). Patch is quite an earthy smell, so something heavy with that perhaps?

Ah Ha!!!!! Patchouli,of course earthy soil like.
    DONNA

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver for me today: wet, vegetal earth - delicious.

Synced in Malle's Une Rose, with its weird and wonderful truffle accord.

Bonsai, thank you for being our fearless leader this past year! You have done a brilliant job of keeping us organized. I'm happy to see you wouldn't mind sticking with us next year! 2012 has been full of really fun syncs!

Now we must help Bonsai out, gang; we really need to plan 2013 syncs! I'm all for repeating our favorite or most popular syncs from previous years but we do need some more ideas, I think. Have we ever done a green sync? I realize not everyone loves green scents but maybe could be good for getting folks to step out of their normal categories.
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 14th December 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Basenotes Plus

love the green sync idea

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    Synced in Malle's Une Rose, with its weird and wonderful truffle accord.

Bonsai, thank you for being our fearless leader this past year! You have done a brilliant job of keeping us organized. I'm happy to see you wouldn't mind sticking with us next year! 2012 has been full of really fun syncs!

Now we must help Bonsai out, gang; we really need to plan 2013 syncs! I'm all for repeating our favorite or most popular syncs from previous years but we do need some more ideas, I think. Have we ever done a green sync? I realize not everyone loves green scents but maybe could be good for getting folks to step out of their normal categories.
    A Scent Rescuer

I have opened a new forum for the 2013 syncs.
    We can do the planning of the new syncs there and keep this forum for the last two syncs we have left of 2012.

My biggest "from love to hate" fragrance is Shalimar. I found it cloyingly sweet the first time I tested it and haven't given it a second thought for about five years. When I tried it again I was blown away: the delicious, non-foody vanilla, it's heavenly smokiness, the bergamote opening and the animalic undertones - a marvel.

Daim Blond. Tried it on its release and all I got was apricot jam, which I didn't fancy smelling like. About 3 years ago perhaps on a whim picked up a tester and BANG!! It was suddenly gorgeous, rich, yes still had apricots but the suede etc suddenly came out.
    DONNA