Code of Conduct

Thread: Wnter fragrance

Default Any thoughts?

Hi all. Hope you can help. I am looking for a fragrance for my husband, but just can't find the right one. I want something sophisticated, probably a bit old fashioned, with scents of leather, cedar, pine, nothing sweet, fruity or flowery, a really winter smell. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any thoughts?

Guerlain Derby.

Default Wnter fragrance

Hi. Just posted on the men's forum, my turn now!! I think I have smelled every perfume on the planet. I want a spicy, deep, long-lasting winter fragrance that can be worn during the day. I know exactly what I want in my head!! Think Christmas pudding but sexier! Spice, chypre, jasmine, ...... sexy, sophisticated, long lasting but not overpowering. A big ask!!! Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any thoughts?

Caron Yatagan.

Default Re: Wnter fragrance

Shalimar?

Byredo Bal d'Afrique is going with your description very well
    Last edited by socalwoman; 23rd December 2011 at 08:51 PM.
    http://bleauog.blogspot.com/ - my blog

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry!
    Last edited by Foustie; 20th December 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Welcome to Basenotes!

[QUOTE=Nannoo;2384701] I think I have smelled every perfume on the planet.[\QUOTE]

Khm... I very much doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nannoo View Post
    I want a spicy, deep, long-lasting winter fragrance that can be worn during the day. I know exactly what I want in my head!! Think Christmas pudding but sexier! Spice, chypre, jasmine, ...... sexy, sophisticated, long lasting but not overpowering. A big ask!!! Thank you.
    I have never had a Christmas pudding so just looked up the ingredients. Stewed plums make me think of Feminite du Bois (not really spicy though), Arabie (a real oriental delight with stewed fruits) and KM Ume (not really spicy either but a wonderful rendition of Japanese plum).

AG Songes is a beautiful jasmine with vanilla but lacks the spices you want.

Ah, I know it: Jasmin de Nuit from TDC. Beautiful spicy jasmine, warm, long lasting and exquisite.

OJ Orris Noir is not exactly what you want but it might be worth checking out.

For your husband with pine: SL Fille en Auguilles, AA Winter Delice (it's hard to find though).

Guerlain Heritage is a nice leather/tobacco scent with a gentle vanilla. He could also try Jikcy.

Brecourt Contre Pouvoir is a great gentleman fragrance.

Seigneur by Galimard

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Envy for Men by Gucci - A citrus opening unfolds from the mandarin orange, mixing with heaps of spicy ginger, a dash of pepper, globs of sweetness from fruity coriander and the licorise of anise. This delectable concoction stews on a backdrop of fruity rosewood. The savory opening meanders and collides with the middle. This heart is a mishmash of floral with its rose and jasmine, tempered by the zingy carnation, dry woods from its cedar and sandalwood, as well as the soft sweetness of nutmeg, and meshes with the spicy ginger. The melange flows to the comforting base and is usurped by it. This refreshing base with its minty patchouli, smoky incense, hints of tobacco and leather, earthy vetiver, sweet vanilla and amber carries the composition to its drydown. This rich and luxurious fragrance has good longevity and projection.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Givenchy Xeryus (spice and jasmine, get the vintage dark colored bottle if you can, as the jasmine is much fresher and greener)

Zirh Ikon (dry spice and patchouli, and cheap as hell)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Two threads have become one here. I was responding to your query that you posted on the girls side, the one about a fragrance for yourself that smells like Xmas pudding. I which case ....... Arabie.

For your husband, which was a different question. I will see what the guys say! Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

versace l'homme..i've just seen ur 2nd message, l'homme may not work in that case..
    Last edited by el_payo; 20th December 2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: addition
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London & La Nuit de L'Homme
    Spring-Autumn : Aqua Fahrenheit & Bvlgari Pour Homme
    Summer : Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Aqva & Bvlgari Aqva Marine
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

Indispensible : The Dreamer & Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Pour Homme & Bvlgari Aqva

Post Thanks / Like

French Lover (Bois d'Orage in the US).

for swap/sale: