Code of Conduct

Cool Unscented Soap/Shampoo options to prevent your frag from getting drowned out.

We fragheads spend far too much on high end fragrances to have them competing with cheap synthetic shower gel or shampoo scents, so question, what are some good mild or unscented options for soap, hygiene products. I currently use:

Dove Men Care unscented bodywash
    Mitchum Unscented Deodourant
    Johnson's Baby Shampoo

Cheers

Default Re: Unscented Soap/Shampoo options to prevent your frag from getting drowned out.

Mitchum Unscented is most people's favourite, because it is the cheapest and does the job very well, and other antiperspirants can indeed be very strong scent wise (arguably, Brut antiperspirant is stronger than half the EDTs that came out last decade).

But Johnson's baby shampoo gives me a flaky scalp - so I avoid it.

Most cheap body washes don't leave much of a scent to worry about clashing with EDT. I use a big bottle of Batman shower gel at the moment, without any problems.

Regards,
    Renato

Default Re: Unscented Soap/Shampoo options to prevent your frag from getting drowned out.

Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Bar Soap never causes any problems for me with any fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Bar Soap never causes any problems for me with any fragrance.
    +1 Dove Sensitive is awesome. More moisturizing than Lever 2000, Dial, Zest, Irish Springs, etc.
    It doesn't interfere with my cologne or aftershave.
    Also helps prevent pimples

My hair is so short, it doesn't matter what shampoo I use because I will not smell it after about 20 minutes.
    BTW I like Axe shampoo

I use Ivory soap and J&J Baby Shampoo.

Blog Entries

Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap. No added fragrance.

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LS.htm
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I use Eucerin body oil for shower, and Dr Broner castile too.

cacio

Dr. Bronners for hair is a no go for me. It's just adding more oils, and in turn, makes my hair look weird and just feels dirty a lot quicker.

I use Dove Men Care soap, the scent is very light and does not seem to linger. Shampoo? My hair is so short I don't use shampoo that often, when I do I use baby shampoo.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Check out Desert Essence products, they have an organic unscented shampoo and conditioner that are great. I also have short hair and have no problems with most natural products, scented or not. The scent from natural body care products goes away quickly enough.

Believe it or not but Wal-Mart sells the Equate version of Dove unscented for < 3 bucks. It's a large 24oz. size, unscented. very moisturizing, and for sensitive skin. It is nearly void of scent especially after toweling off. Pretty good stuff actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LS.htm
    Yeah this is great. I prefer the soap bar more than the concentrated liquid. My go to is the peppermint one.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Dr. Bronners for hair is a no go for me. It's just adding more oils, and in turn, makes my hair look weird and just feels dirty a lot quicker.
    Very true. The other day I forgot to bring shampoo to the gym and had the Bronner's liquid soap with me, so I had to use that. My hair was so oily looking the whole day. It was terrible.

for some reason soap smell doesnt remain on me. but I use unscented aftershave and deodorant.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    Yeah this is great. I prefer the soap bar more than the concentrated liquid. My go to is the peppermint one.

Very true. The other day I forgot to bring shampoo to the gym and had the Bronner's liquid soap with me, so I had to use that. My hair was so oily looking the whole day. It was terrible.
    you have got to use the Rinse - it will clear the residue and leave hair really great |!!!
    Invisible Power

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    I love this as well, but I can't do it in winter. It's just not moisturizing enough for the dry winter months in Indiana (though this winter was pretty much like Spring).

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Check out Desert Essence products, they have an organic unscented shampoo and conditioner that are great. I also have short hair and have no problems with most natural products, scented or not. The scent from natural body care products goes away quickly enough.
    +1! The Desert Essence Organics shampoo and conditioner products are some of the best I've ever used. I also really like the Juice Beauty line (though not unscented), the Broo line (made with Beer which has lots of silicon), and the Giovanni 2 Chic line (not too strongly scented). As for soap, I really like the Whole Foods Market Moisturizing Soap line. These are all all-natural products. Try them and you won't be sorry!
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

unscented Tom's of Maine or Kiss My Face soap. and Tom's also makes an unscented deodorant/antiperspirant which is very hard to apply, but does the trick.

Dove soap. Doesn't irritate my skin and it's fragrance is non-existant or neutral.

Shampoo wise I use whatever's at hand. Most shampoo's that I've got around the house don't really have a fragrance.

For Deoderant I use the fragrance free Mitchum one because it's the only one I can find in shops near me and it's not too expensive.

Dove sensitive skin unscented (widely available, got mine at Walmart)...noticed an sig increase in longevity, and have been picking up notes never noticed before (ie Jasmine in Acqua Di Gio).
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

neutrogena bar soap will never let you down.

I'm a big fan of Savon d'Alep.