Code of Conduct

Default Which scent to get partner for christmas?

Hello there guys, I was wondering if you could possibly help me. My partner is VERY MUCH into fragrances and has a tonne of them and I am frankly lost - I'm a CKBe as my one and only scent kind of guy. I am clueless.

So, among the ones he uses the most there is:
    Ghost Man
    Burberry Touch
    Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    Paco Rabanne Black XS
    Paul Smith "extreme"
    Jean Paul Gaultier "Le Male" (I think that's what it's called)

and he has about 7 drops left of his absolute 100% favourite By Man, D&G. He has cherished that bottle for years wearing it only on one occasion since I've known him.

Now I know that last one has been discontinued for quite some time, and I have searched online and everywhere for even a tiny overpriced bottle, but no luck. And frankly given the prices I think the bottles will be going for nowadays, it'd be outside my price range. I gave up my search for it finally in defeat yesterday, and I'm now just a little bit lost because I don't know what to get... Ideally I'd like to get something he might like as a replacement for the By Man

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could get? What is similar? What would be a good (well, it smells AWESOME, so there can be no real replacement) replacement for it?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Default Re: Which scent to get partner for christmas?

Kristiansand
    is very similar to By Man.

Basenotes Plus

I've bought my wife Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower and i'm quite nervous. She has always loved strong, unusual fragrances but also complained that nothing lasts on her. With this in mind I have done lots of research and, thanks to forums and this one especially, I finally decided on CF. The reason i'm nervous is normally I would pick something that I would be able to wear if she doesn't like it but i'm not sure if I could wear it myself as it is very feminine to my nose and I won't know what to do with it!. I do have a back up of Hermes Ambre Narguile if she hates it but I really would like that for myself.

You should ask for a vial sample to go with the bottle, so your partner can check the thing before opening the bottle. Just tell him you'd be happy to exchange it, and if he doesn't like it, you'd both go together to the store to choose a new one.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by seanstewart View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas of what I could get?
    Perhaps Bois D'Orage by Frederic Malle

Banned

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf - One is immediately treated to a fresh and cooling, citrus opening, furnished by the zesty grapefruit, nectarous mandarin and tart bergamot, with a twist of sharp mint. Tumbling to the flush middle, the sweet florals of fruity freesia, green geranium, earthy violet, light lavender and citrusy orange bloosom are nicely encased by the warm and pleasant spices of nutmeg and cinnamon. This lovely, strong heart meanders to the robust base. Here, a pastiche of evocative leather, lively incense, creamy amber, sweet vanilla, murky vetiver, resinous labdanum, clean treemoss, smoky guaiacwood, carroty iris, dry white cedar, bright sandalwood, powdery tonka beans, herbaceous patchouli and soapy white musk bombard you with scents you have experienced a thousand times before. Remarkably, this motley assault leads to an entertaining and intriguing drydown. This high-quality enterprise is very versatile in light of its kaleidoscopic heads, and can be worn any time and any season. A one-stop wonder, this amalgamated composition has excellent longevity and good projection.

Burberry London. If he doesn't like it, you can keep it for yourself.