Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Blind Sniffs in 2012

Hi guys & gals ! .... I've been meaning to ask about participating on your 'Blind Sniffs' - however never seemed to get round to it. ... So what are the chances of participating in the July BS ?? - (Or am I already far too late for that one ??)

... If so , then how about the August one then ?? ... ( Please let me know what I will need to know/do etc. )

And thank you very much !! ~ Looking forward to hearing from you 'guys'.

Oh P.S. >>> Am also more than fine with hosting a few in future. ... (Oh, and what exactly does a "co-host" do ?? )

P.P.S. >>> ... Ah forgot to ask - are these reserved to US only ?? (Or would the fact that I'm in UK pose a problem ?)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 30th June 2012 at 07:12 PM.

"The earth laughs in flowers" - (E.E.Cummings)

------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

First of, Happy Belated Birthday -- I know you are on the same day as me and Sir Paul McCartney.

Second, thanks for accepting the invitation. I think July is all booked up, and we were taking a break in May and June (due to the hosts' personal reasons), but I think we need one sniffer for the round hosted by FrouFrou (was supposed to be in June and hopefully it will take place either at the end of July or in August). If not, you are the first for the sniff that I will be hosting, hopefully again. Trust me, it is great fun, even greater education. It does not cost $50 a pop as compared to the bottles from CBurr.

Everybody, ladies and gentlemen throughout the world, is welcome, we have had both hosts and sniffers from Turkey (same person, twice) and Australia (twice).

I have never heard from Bella Rosa, and so there's still a set of samples waiting for somebody to participate in the June sniff which will take place sometime this year.
    So please pm me with your address and I will send it on!

PS, I am back in the Netherlands again!
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings all,

I have my lovely samples from Frou-Frou--so for now just hold on to them and await instructions for our sniff? I must hide them from myself to NOT open! They are in my alchemy cabinet in safe keeping.

Just let me know details and when we have everything planned.

K
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sybarite, sounds like you're in with FrouFrou for one of the Summer sniffs!

FrouFrou, when do you think there will be a good time to host the "June" sniff? We're on for July 10th for the July one, so the sniff in June will be later than the one in July, but something like that or close enough had happened before. Let's decide on the dates!

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa, my post actually posted and right after it BN went down again. So since you have probably didn't have a chance to see it, I bump and copy in the PM to Sybarite and FrouFrou. So when do we plan to sniff, FF?

And Haunani, are we still on for July 10 with our July sniff? I am ready to go, trying not to even look at my package!

- - - Updated - - -

Haunani, could you please start a thread for the July sniff?
    Or do you plan the Most Ultimate Suspense and we'll get the thread tomorrow when the sniff if scheduled to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Haunani, could you please start a thread for the July sniff?
    Or do you plan the Most Ultimate Suspense and we'll get the thread tomorrow when the sniff if scheduled to start?
    Hi Warum! I believe we are starting the July Sniff this Thursday, July 12, as darkdreams will be back home that night from her trip. I will start a thread this afternoon and ask our Shades to "sticky" it beginning on Thursday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

H., I'll be in Portland leading the workshop on the 12th, so I may or may not be back by the evening, but starting Friday I'm all over it!

H., I'll be in Portland leading the workshop on the 12th, so I may or may not be back by the evening, but starting Friday I'm all over it!
    It's so tricky getting one day that all can attend, but perhaps we'll start that evening for those who can, and continue in the morning? I'll plan to check in late afternoon Pacific time on the 12th. I'm looking forward to our sniff!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be out of town from 14-22 of July--beach time! But, I will take the samples with me, and my laptop, in case our belated June sniff happens during that time.

A blind sniff at the beach would be divine! Just let me know dates and plans.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all.
    W. Somerset Maugham

There is now a separate thread for our May Sniff in July! We will begin Thursday evening.

Blind sniffs. Will stay tuned!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just in case, but I hope everyone knows:
    May sniff in July is on right now,
    Haunani/Jujy54: OVincze, Darkdreams and Warum.

The June sniff may be happening in end of July or August:
    FrouFrou/Ovincze: KarmaLee, cestum nocturnum and Sybarite(?)

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, I'm sorry for this belated reply - I thought I was automatically following this thread. However I missed these replies altogether somehow (?) - till now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    First of, Happy Belated Birthday -- I know you are on the same day as me and Sir Paul McCartney.

Second, thanks for accepting the invitation. ... [snip] ... Trust me, it is great fun, even greater education. ... [snip] ...
    And so first of : ... THANK YOU so very much Twolf for those thoughtful BDay wishes. Even well belated ones are much appreciated !! ... And might I add : "right back at cha mate" ... Nice to know I have a "Twin-BDay-BNoter" around here. (It aint as sad getting older with some company I'm sure - heh, heh.)

And thanx too for the warm welcome to the 'Blind-Sniffs' ! ... I'm pretty sure I will indeed enjoy them. Hopefully the belated "June" one it seems !??

...[snip]...
    The June sniff may be happening in end of July or August:
    FrouFrou/Ovincze: KarmaLee, cestum nocturnum and Sybarite(?)
    And yep, once again thanx to Warum for organising my "sign-up". ~ And also thanx to FrouFrou for the samples she's going to send me. ... AND ... Bring on "June" Blind-Sniff ! ~ Looking forward to it !

I imagine we still don't have set dates for that quite yet do we ???

Also ... I have another question. ... Do you 'peeps' need a host for the August or September Sniff ?? ... If not then I will gladly volunteer to host that one.

Plus another thing that I'm still pretty confused about that I'm hoping one of you will clue me up on. - What exactly is the purpose of a "CO-HOST" in these Blind-Sniffs ?? Somehow, call me 'thick', but I can't seem to work out their exact function ??? (Tho' I imagine it will make perfect sense once I'm told.)

Cheers, thanx all !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A-ha! Great, I'm glad you're following the thread now, Sybarite!
    I have the same issue -- this thread's comments don't come to my mail. I must've subscribed to it 100 times, and still no. Arrggghh.

So, usually we have one be a sniffer first (sniffers understand best how the sniffs work) and then be a host. Hopefully, FF will come back soon (she needs to sort some things out, so we will be patient) and y'all set the date for the belated June Blind Sniff. And then we will be happy to have you as a host. We will need to be looking for sniffers. I know meowmo wanted to sniff in August and said she could, so there's one.

As for a co-host, TWolf, check on me and please fill in the blanks if I am leaving them.
    A co-host is a person who helps the host working on a theme and knows the fragrances of the sniff and the list of their notes. Sometimes but not always a co-host helps providing fragrances (one time when I was a co-host I submitted 2 out of 4 fragrances for the sniff, another time when I was a host my co-host TWolf provided a rare discontinued vintage for the sniff, another time I was a co-host and DD provided all fragrances).
    Most often a co-host and host divide online time. When we have a sniff sometimes it can be a bit unpredictable when the sniffers will guess and how long it will take them to guess. It is easier to have two people who know the frags info be in touch with the sniffers who are asking questions and want the notes (and/or other fragrance info) confirmed.

Again, Wolfie, did I cover the co-host issue sufficiently? Please discuss everything I have forgotten to mention.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, mine didn't come to mail either. Thankfully you PM'd me, otherwise I might've still been thinking I was being ignored for the sniffs (LOL) ... As for the "co-host" question : Aha ! Thanx W' ! - That does indeed make sense. So it's basically the : "two hands are better than one" function. (Or in this case 4 better than 2 ). I imagine sharing the responsibility would indeed make things run smoother.

And sorry, I may not have explained myself properly, but what I meant was to host the sniff after I participate in this next "June" sniff, not actually before even doing so. Otherwise yes I imagine I would indeed be totally lost, and make a total "pigs ear" of it all.

I do however have two lovely rare vintage fumes that I'm willing to donate towards my "host-sniff", already in the pipe-line. ... Just putting it out there.

Post Thanks / Like

You are welcome, Sybarite!

W., nice job on moderating this thread, thanks! (why oh why do I keep looking at the first page, post #2 though? *sigh*)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Yep, mine didn't come to mail either. Thankfully you PM'd me, otherwise I might've still been thinking I was being ignored for the sniffs (LOL)
    I'm glad I did! Nope, we do not turn people down here nor ignore them. Now we all just need to hear from FrouFrou. I know she'll mail you the samples as soon as she gets going.

W., nice job on moderating this thread, thanks! (why oh why do I keep looking at the first page, post #2 though? *sigh*)
    Thanks!
    Post #2... a-ha, I see whatchya sayin'. Will do this week. And it will still be in July.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are back and active full-choke.

I love being a sniffer and I see you are a fellow citizen Sybarite, so we could host together if you like.... although it may make more sense to have a Brit paired with an American for round the clock hosting.

Anyway, I'm game to play sniffs any old how.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mumsy, would you like to sniff as well or are you only interested in hosting? If you're interested in sniffing, then it would be nice for Sybarite to mail some samples domestic and yes, have a US co-host for a round the clock online access.

We can start planning the next sniff. Meowmo was waiting patiently to get in. You may be sniffing with her in whatever is the next sniff, Mumsy!

No sniffing!

We need to get a date settled, will all sniffers for the June (ahem) sniff post which weekends they are available? We will pick a date which will please us all. I am keeping the next few weekends free until we know which weekend we are going to choose.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Perfect, FrouFrou!
    You've already mailed Sybarite's samples, right?

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    No sniffing!

We need to get a date settled, will all sniffers for the June (ahem) sniff post which weekends they are available? We will pick a date which will please us all. I am keeping the next few weekends free until we know which weekend we are going to choose.
    Hi there! I don't have any upcoming plans beyond the usual weekend errands and going out at night. I can work the sniff in between these fairly easily, I think. Bf has been wanting to take a jaunt up the coast, but we have not made any set plans as of yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the June sniff samples sequestered away just waiting for the event to begin! Any weekend is good for me, but would prefer it be before mid-August--my classes start back then and I get a bit overwhelmed with new students at the start of a semester.

Any weekend before then is great, and after that will work, I just might not be as happy go lucky! I will be traveling some for pleasure before then, but can take my laptop and the samples.

So excited! Can't wait to get started, and a bit scared I will never get the notes or guess correctly.
    W. Somerset Maugham

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited too, and I will be ok with pretty much any weekend you 'guys' choose. ....

Now, .... I just have to wait for my samples to finally reach me. ~ Can't wait, ... (I'm not very patient with an-ti-ci-pa-tion ...)

EDIT : P.S. ... And what the hell is wrong with BN's 'alert system' ?? I think it is seriously sick or something. ... I keep getting alerts for posts that have "just been" posted, only to find they were posted already days or even weeks ago. Or alerts for "new messages", that I've already answered days ago. What the hell's going on ???
    Last edited by Sybarite; 30th July 2012 at 05:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy August 1st!

Warum, thanks for having updated the list of fragrances that we have all sniffed up to date. Thanks to cestrum nocturnum for going through the trouble of compiling the list for 2012.

In the light of the recent posts on Industry Discussion and Chandler Burr's blind sniffs, there might be some interest to our sniffs as more and more members are thinking it is a great idea in general. One member is proposing for $15 a month he would receive four vials, one of each of designer, niche, budget and odd-ball scents and sniff away and there were some voices of support. I told them the activity already exists and it is FREE of charge.

- - - Updated - - -

FrouFrou, what's the latest in August Blind Sniffing?

Any volunteers to sniff in September?

Anybody interested in co-hosting with me?

Happy August 1st!

Warum, thanks for having updated the list of fragrances that we have all sniffed up to date. Thanks to cestrum nocturnum for going through the trouble of compiling the list for 2012.

In the light of the recent posts on Industry Discussion and Chandler Burr's blind sniffs, there might be some interest to our sniffs as more and more members are thinking it is a great idea in general. One member is proposing for $15 a month he would receive four vials, one of each of designer, niche, budget and odd-ball scents and sniff away and there were some voices of support. I told them the activity already exists and it is FREE of charge.

- - - Updated - - -

FrouFrou, what's the latest in August Blind Sniffing?

Any volunteers to sniff in September?

Anybody interested in co-hosting with me?
    Hi guys, I found you through the above mentioned threads I'd like to participate and/or organize. I do prefer unisex or male fragrances though That's why I was wondering if the sniffs here are mostly female oriented? Nevertheless I'd love to simply sniff and enjoy with a blindfold

Please lmk if there is anything I could do to help out?
    Customized consultancy on olfactory branding, design & research
    www.irinatudor.nl

Social platform & network on all things smelly
    www.somethingsmelly.nl

The facts on IFRA restrictions & EU regulations

Post Thanks / Like

Do we still not have a date for our June sniff? Samples in hand and awaiting the news to GO.

k
    W. Somerset Maugham

Post Thanks / Like

Warum, what's the latest with FrouFrou? Please contact her and let us all know, we are all ready to go here.

Irina, welcome to Blind Sniffs. To answer your question -- yes, more than 50 per cent of all the fragrances we have sniffed are marketed towards women, but who said that Guerlain Sous le Vent or La Perla Blue is for ladies only? We have also had rounds with Masculines/Unisex scents only -- in the recent memory the one hosted by saripatates of Turkey. (You can see the whole updated list of everything sniffed blind in Post #2 of this thread, on the very first page).

- - - Updated - - -

The sniffing paradigm that has worked well for us in the past is:
    1) first you are sniffer, it is your rite of passage to the next levels;
    2) once you have sniffed you can either co-host (it is helpful to see how things work) or host yourself if you feel confident enough. But, once again, there are no rules set in stone.

I guess, I have got me a first sniffer for September -- Irina. I would need two more sniffers and a co-host, please sign up here or in a PM. Warum, when you have a chance, please make a chart for the rest of the year where the hosts and sniffers are all shown in connection with a particular month. I would also like this thread being somewhere on the first page so we can have more participation, because if Chandler Burr is doing the similar thing now, why shouldn't we? We were firster, in fact. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

FrouFrou, I have checked last time you were on BN was July 22. If you are having a request -- like in #381 of July 20th -- why not check the responses more often (not that we had any :-( .) *smile, too*

Anyhow, Frou's sniffers -- KarmaLee, Sybarite and who else? Meow? -- what dates will work best for you? It does not have to be a weekend at all, just assign a week, please.
    August 6th week?
    August 13th week?
    August 20th week?
    August 27th week?

Thanks, Twolf I would happily sniff FrouFrou's too Whatever is easiest is alright with me
    www.irinatudor.nl

www.somethingsmelly.nl

Post Thanks / Like

Irina, I love you already, care to guess why? *kiss*

Irina, I love you already, care to guess why? *kiss*
    I can imagine LOL (but I have a wild imagination *blush*)
    www.irinatudor.nl

www.somethingsmelly.nl

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer weekends, as the semester starts Aug 16th. so after that is really tough for me. I can still do weekends during all that time, but not during the week. I would prefer either weekend before 16th, any or weekend after 27th. Students arrive on the 23rd. so that is hectic time for me.

Did that make sense? Any weekend, but I might be a bit more focused if happens BEFORE the 16th of August. Teaching takes a bit of my soul, too much actually lately, so even weekends are not great for me after it all starts. But I will try! Maybe having a this to look forward to will lighten my mood after the madness starts. So, whenever works. Sigh. My being burned out by teaching really shows doesn't it?

Anyhow, Frou's sniffers -- KarmaLee, Sybarite and who else? Meow? -- what dates will work best for you? It does not have to be a weekend at all, just assign a week, please.
    August 6th week?
    August 13th week?
    August 20th week?
    August 27th week?
    W. Somerset Maugham

Post Thanks / Like

Warum, what's the latest with FrouFrou? Please contact her and let us all know, we are all ready to go here.

August 6th week?
    August 13th week?
    August 20th week?
    August 27th week?
    Ok, I would have been ok with an "August 6th" sniff ... HOWEVER ... I have yet to receive my samples (???) , so ....

... it's looking like probably one of the other weeks rather ... (I'm ok with any weekend !)

Will update and let you all know when I'm finally in possession of the samples ...

Cheers for now !

Sybarite should have the samples by now.
    I hope I dd not make a bad decision by putting them into the post at a shop and not at the post office. They ahve closed a lot of post offices in the Netherlands and some shops now have agencies.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like next weekend, the 11th, if Sybarite has got the samples.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry I have been overwhelmed with problems here...
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Now we have to hear from the third sniffer. Meowmo, is it you?

Sorry about the pile up in your life, FrouFrou! It will get better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wolfie, I'm jumping in to say that the third sniffer for FrouFrou's sniff is cestrum nocturnum.

FrouFrou/Ovincze: KarmaLee, cestum nocturnum and Sybarite

Hope that Sybarite will receive the samples SOON!!

September: am I understanding it correct that TWolf is hosting and the first sniffer is Irina? So, we will need two sniffers and a co-host. Meowmo wanted to sniff, so she can be your second.

I wonder if cacio would co-host. He wanted to host at some point. I will contact him to find out. Not sure who else wanted to host, will need help from my fellow sniffer friends to be able to see toward the end of the year.

And Wolfie, what kind of thread you are looking for? Maybe we could work on it together if you'd like this done? I thought that this thread is our place to make plans -- do we need one per each sniff? Or would you like some member discussion and testimonies on what kind of effect Blind sniffs gave? (I am recalling the stories of 1) Nostalgie falling in love blindly with Sous le Vent, 2) Haunani experiencing Like This in a Blind sniff differently than when knowing the brand, 3) the group deciding that their favorite one was "the mass market" offering of the sniff -- Moondrops... that?

Post Thanks / Like

No, no, this thread is just fine -- it is organizational and general issues, I thought. I was just suggesting to keep it on the first page, or are you talking about something else?

Good, you found me two sniffers. LOL I would like a co-host at some point and another sniffer.

Glad you are back, Warum. Was about to send you my "Warum nicht?" LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No, no, this thread is just fine -- it is organizational and general issues, I thought. I was just suggesting to keep it on the first page, or are you talking about something else?
    So you mean to put the planned schedule of the sniffs on the first page? So that everyone clicks on the thread and sees right there in the first post who's hosting and where we want the sniffers (everywhere!) Is that right?

Yep, I am here, alive and kicking still

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Sorry I've missed the recent posts! I am available on any weekend, and can likely work around any errands and outings. Bf is still talking about a quick trip somewhere, but no plans yet!

Post Thanks / Like

W., on the first page of the Ladies' forum, so we do not have to dig for it. Does not matter what you put in one of the first posts, we can all read, I thought.

cestrum_nocturnum, thanks for being a good sport.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid that I have still not received the elusive samples. I have PM'd with FrouFrou and she reconfirmed that they were sent and should have already been with me. - So if they're not here in the next couple of days, I will basically start to lose hope that they will ever reach me.

I was also going to volunteer to be TWolf's co-host for the Sep' sniff ... BUT ... since I will still be a "novice" after all ... I'm now starting to think I need to sign up for the "Sep" sniff, as I'm thinking I'll probably not make the "June" one without samples. (Of course if they still arrive - all is fine.) Tho' I think I should join the Sep one as well either way, if that is ok with everyone !?

Post Thanks / Like

While keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for Frou's samples arrival and your participation in August, it is a Yes from me for your sniffing in September. So, I have got me three sniffers by now -- Meowmo, Sybarite and Irina. Does anyone know where Meow is, I have not seen her in a long time?

Please someone be my co-host for September.

Post Thanks / Like

Sybarite:

I once sent some samples to London and it took them 3.5 weeks to arrive (likely stopped at some custom/post office or the like). With the olympics, it's probably going to take even longer.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Sybarite:

I once sent some samples to London and it took them 3.5 weeks to arrive (likely stopped at some custom/post office or the like). With the olympics, it's probably going to take even longer.

cacio
    Yep I might have thought that possible enough coming from the States. (Although no US parcel has ever taken that long to get to me). But the missing samples were posted to me from the Netherlands, (much much closer !) so it really shouldn't take more than about two weeks max I would have thought.

- - - Updated - - -

While keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for Frou's samples arrival and your participation in August, it is a Yes from me for your sniffing in September. So, I have got me three sniffers by now -- Meowmo, Sybarite and Irina. Does anyone know where Meow is, I have not seen her in a long time?

Please someone be my co-host for September.

Thanx TWolf ... Lets hope I will be luckier with your group !? ... (And without sounding pushy I would really appreciate it if Sep-Sniff happened to happen more towards the top-end of Sep than the bottom-end. Altho that might be asking for too much, seeing u still looking for a co-host. - Still I'll keep my fingers crossed ... And will gladly be your co-host next time.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

W., on the first page of the Ladies' forum, so we do not have to dig for it. Does not matter what you put in one of the first posts, we can all read, I thought.
    I may not be reading very well right now, honey, sorry about that. Are you saying that we can sticky this thread?

Cacio, I know you wanted to host at some point -- would you like to get the best possible ed in this area by co-hosting with TWolf? Have you thought about jumping in this way?

Post Thanks / Like

If there's need, I can certainly cohost in sep. I shouldn't have any particular vacation or anything that month.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

W., do not sticky. We are fine just like so, I guess. Have always been.

Cacio, thanks.

It seems Sybarite Still hasn't received the samples. It's amazing, only from the Netherlands to England, that shouldn't be such a problem?
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yay ! - Guess what ? ... we are ready & all set for take-off. - (Or at very least, I finally am.)

It seems my problem was not so much the poor 'postman' I was accusing for lost samples, but rather my mistaken belief that the samples had been posted way earlier than they actually had been. ... As I'm sure u've gathered they have finally arrived all safe & sound. And in fact only took a very reasonable 10 days to get to me, (which is about right), rather than the 3+ weeks I had presumed. - (I'd been under the mistaken impression that Frou' had posted them a couple of weeks before which I've just noticed from the stamps was not actually the case. ...
    So apologies for my mistake, & impatience. - But well pleased it's all sorted now !

So, when we gonna do this then ??? - Is everybody all accounted for & ready for sniff-off ?? - U guys agreed on a preferred date yet ?? ... I , as mentioned before, am ok with pretty much any day. - Just say when ..........

And FrouFrou - THANK U so very much for the lovely packaged samples. I'm a firm believer that it's the small nice details that make all the difference. Will certainly make the experience all that more satisfying.

EDIT : Oh and P.S. >>> Warum I'll still gladly do the Sep sniff too. ... In fact, I might now very well even be in time to still be ur co-host too perhaps if all goes well - [& u'll have me that is, of course !?]
    (I even already have two nice frags in mind on reserve/offer for the Sep-sniff too if need be (?) - One 'discontinued' (well sort of) & the other a very rare 50's/80's vintage. - Sound good ??)
    Last edited by Sybarite; 12th August 2012 at 11:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Frou, start a new dedicated thread. Also PM a mod to sticky it on top -- shades has been very helpful with that.

Sybarite, you are sniffing in September. You will host in October or later on in the year, OK?

Post Thanks / Like

Sybarite, you are sniffing in September. You will host in October or later on in the year, OK?
    Yep I'm more then fine with that. - (Just thought perhaps u were short a co-host so that is why I offered.) - Otherwise being on the "sniffing end" is obviously were the fun is at. - So I certainly don't mind.

Post Thanks / Like

FrouFrou, we have successfully missed the weekend when everybody COULD (I suppose without you they could NOT! dear), please start a new thread when/if you can so that people post their opinions outside of the weekend. Do we have a co-host for your round?

Hi peeps. I'm back from hols now, all fresh and ready for a sniff sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

No news on our postponed June sniff reschedule? I will try to be available whenever!
    W. Somerset Maugham

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your interest.

September Blind Sniff update:
    Twolf hosting, cacio co-hosting.
    Sybarite sent me his address, I sent a PM to Mewomo to confirm participation and the address that I have already, I would like Irina's address please.
    The theme is still in the works. We are doing it in September no matter what, fingers and toes crossed.

How about October?
    November?
    Even December, perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, everybody!
    I have PMed FrouFrou and offered her help in creating a thread if she needs it. Hope she'll respond soon and we'll get the ball rolling.

I also PMed Irina and asked her to send the address to Twolf.

I am in the midst of the finals now, so I will be glad to think ahead into October, November and December after next Monday. I know that cacio and Sybarite wanted to host a sniff. I also have an idea of one, but since I hosted one this year, I will be glad to move over and give room to those who haven't.

Sybarite, cacio: which months do you want to host?
    Everyone, please: which months do you want to sniff? *I know, I am everybody too, but after next Monday, when everyone's finals issues are taken care of and the finals are graded!*

I will collect your plans and update the first post of this thread. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

... and please check out the way I changed the top post and let me know your feedback! We now have all past sniffs plus planning in a nutshell right there in the first post.

Addy sent I would also like be a host, co-host or sniffer for the rest of the year, whatever you need
    September is a killer busy month for me, here are the dates I'm NOT available for the 'reveal':
    10-16 September (this may be altered to a shorter few days)
    19 September
    28 September
    www.irinatudor.nl

www.somethingsmelly.nl

I'm better when kids are at school, so from Sept onwards. Don't mind performing any role.

Post Thanks / Like

Have got all the addresses I need, waiting to hear from Mewomo. If there is no response by August 25 (10 days from now), I will ship to mumsy.

Then it's gonna be all European sniffers and hosts from the USofA. Kind of cool -- gives you more time to discuss between yourselves and us responding with a delay.