Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Blind Sniffs in 2012

Since the Summer of 2007 when Twolf came up with a new fun activity, many Basenoters have enjoyed the Blind Sniffs.

In a Blind Sniff a host comes up with an idea or a theme and three fragrances that fit this theme. Then a host mails the sniffers the identical vials of these fragrances only marked as "1", "2", "3". The names of the fragrances are not mentioned, and the goal of the sniffers is to guess these fragrances. At the agreed-upon time the sniffers and the host/co-host log into the Basenotes, spray the samples one at a time and describe what they smell (and see, and feel). The host and the co-host help the sniffers by asking questions, answering questions, confirming or disconfirming the notes, and answering PMs with the guesses. The spectators are often having loads of fun guessing the fragrances by notes, a virtual experience of guessing without sniffing powered by the online search (sniffers use that as well).

We can be both very scheduled and very flexible in terms of the timing, as long as the host, co-host, sniffers and spectators can plan ahead for meeting on the forums and joining the fun of guessing the fragrances.

In 2011 every blind sniff featured at least three fragrances, one designer, one niche and one mass market. Many sniffers love this format because they have a chance of smell the fragrances blind, with no allure of a known and popular brand attached to it. It is often eye opening.

Here's a link to a 2011 sniff in which everyone loved the drugstore offering.
    Here's a link to a 2011 sniff in which most people had second thoughts about a (relatively) popular niche fragrance.

However, there were also the Blind Sniffs in the past when this format=mass market+designer+niche was not followed. It is all about connecting the fragrances around a good theme and having fun!

So please post if you want to be a sniffer in 2012 and/or if you want to host. And please give a shout if you want to sniff/host in January! I know a couple of people, myself included, have some themes dreamed up from 2011.
    Here's how we're keeping them going in 2012!

I follow this format to summarize a sniff:
    Month: Host/Cohost: First Sniffer, Second Sniffer, Third Sniffer. Theme of the sniff (with a link to follow to the actual sniff thread).

January: Darkdreams/Warum: TWolf, kalli, OVincze. On Dreams and Illusions.
    February: Nostalgie/Warum: Darkdreams, Haunani, Meowmo. Soul Sisters.
    March: Warum/TWolf: cacio, Jujy54, saripatates. Orient Express -- The Red Line.
    April: Saripatates/TWolf: FrouFrou, mumsy, RingER. Cure for Cold.
    July: Haunani/Jujy54: darkdreams, Warum, OVincze, TWolf. Bouquet of Mysteries.

You can see the list of fragrances sniffed in the next post down!

The plans for the rest of 2012 look like this:

August: FrouFrou/Ovincze: KarmaLee, cestum nocturnum, Sybarite.
    September: TWolf/cacio: Irina, Sybarite, meowmo.
    October: cacio/Irina: mumsy, KarmaLee, cestrum nocturnum
    November: Sybarite/Warum: forfreddie, Alvus, Irina (?)*

Is there an interest in a sniff in December? If so, state your interest in a response to this thread! Do you want to sniff, host, co-host? Let us know!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Blind Sniffs in 2012

Fragrances that have been sniffed up to July 2012:
    (thanks to Twolf for making a list up to 2011 and cestrum nocturnum for 2012 list)

-- Agent Provocateur Strip;
    -- Annick Goutal Eau de Camille;
    -- Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente;
    -- Auguste Esprit de Chine;
    -- Balmain Jolie Madame;
    -- Bath & Body Works Java Bloom;
    -- Bellodgio Uomo;
    -- Body Shop Amorito;
    -- Brécourt Eau Trouble;
    -- Bvlgari Blu Note pour Femme;
    -- Carlos Santana Men;
    -- Carlos Santana Women;
    -- Caron L'Anarchiste;
    -- Caron Tabac Blond;
    -- Chanel No. 5 (current EDP);
    -- Chanel 28, La Pausa;
    -- Chanel Coco;
    -- Christian Dior Miss Dior;
    -- Christianne Celle Calypso Mimosa;
    -- Comme des Garsons Original Parfum ñ EDP
    -- Coty Emeraude (vintage);
    -- Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Viridian;
    -- Escada S;
    -- Estee Lauder Dazzling Silver;
    -- Estee Lauder Youth Dew (new EDP);
    -- Etat Libre d'Orange Tilda Swinton Like This;
    -- Five Star Fragrances Royal Secret;
    -- Frapin Terre de Sarment;
    -- Genki Wear Pon Farr;
    -- Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver;
    -- Ginestet Botrytis;
    -- Guerlain Habit Rouge;
    -- Guerlain Sous le Vent;
    -- Gwen Stefani Harajuku Lovers Li'l Angel;
    -- Halston Catalyst;
    -- Helena Rubinstein Heaven Sent;
    -- Hermes Hermessences Ambre Narguile;
    -- Hermes Parfum d'Hermes;
    -- Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil;
    -- Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles (EDT);
    -- Jean Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 (vintage EDT);
    -- Jean Patou Cocktail;
    -- Jean Patou Divine Folie;
    -- Joubert Blue Waltz;
    -- Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir;
    -- Keiko Mecheri Ume;
    -- Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant;
    -- Knize Knize Two (EdT);
    -- Korres Vanilla Cinnamon;
    -- Krizia My Africa;
    -- L'Artisan Parfumeur Fleurs d'Oranger 2005;
    -- Lancome O de Lancome;
    -- Lanvin Mon Peche;
    -- La Perla Blue;
    -- La Perla Dark Extacy;
    -- La Prairie Silver Rain;
    -- Le Labo Bergamote 22;
    -- Lalique Encre Noire for Men
    -- Lenthéric Tweed;
    -- Liz Claiborne -- Realities
    -- Lorenzo Villoresi Alamut;
    -- Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum;
    -- Lubin Nuit de Longchamp (current EdP);
    -- Madeleine Mono Madeleine;
    -- Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Georges Sand;
    -- MDCI Rose de Siwa;
    -- Miller et Bertaux Green, Green, Green and Green;
    -- Miller Harris L'Air de Rien
    -- Molinard de Molinard;
    -- Molyneux, Le Numero Cinq;
    -- Naj-Oleari Naj-Oleari EdT;
    -- Neil Morris Parfums Midnight Tryst;
    -- Nelly Rodi Scent Factory #3 Cardamom;
    -- Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso;
    -- Parfums d'Orsay Femme de Dandy;
    -- Parfums de Coeur Fireworks;
    -- Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve;
    -- Pecksniff's Chypre Green;
    -- Prada Prada Women;
    -- Priscilla Presley Roses and More;
    -- Proctor & Gamble Old Spice;
    -- Revlon Moon Drops;
    -- Salvador Dali Salvador Dali Women;
    -- Scents of Time Night Star;
    -- Silvestre Pino Silvestre;
    -- Sonia Rykiel for Women, Not for Men;
    -- Strange Invisible Perfumes Magazine Street;
    -- The Healing Garden Green Tea Therapy;
    -- Tom Ford White Patchouli;
    -- Yves Rocher Rose Absolue;
    -- Yves Rocher Voile d'Ambre.

2012 Blind Sniffs (many thanks to cestrum nocturnum for making this list!):
    January 2012 Sniff: On Dreams and Illusions
    Liz Claiborne Realities
    Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente
    Helena Rubinstein Heaven Sent

February 2012 Sniff: Soul Sisters Sniff
    Naughty twins:
    Miller Harris L'Air de Rien
    Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles (EDT)

Complicated twins:
    Jean Louis Scherrer, Scherrer 2 (vintage EDT)
    Estee Lauder Youth Dew (new EDP)

Pastel twins:
    Brécourt Eau Trouble
    Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver

Bonus twins
    Molyneux, Le Numero Cinq
    Chanel No. 5 EDP, current formulation

March 2012 Sniff: Orient Express: The Red Line
    Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir
    Escada S
    Hermes Parfum d'Hermes

April 2012: Cure for Cold
    Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum
    Caron L'Anarchiste
    Comme des Garsons Original Parfum ñ EDP

May Sniff in July 2012: A Bouquet of Mysteries
    Naj-Oleari Naj-Oleari EdT
    Knize Knize Two (EdT)
    Lubin Nuit de Longchamp (current EdP)
    Last edited by Warum; 20th July 2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: 2012 list

Sounds like a great idea. I'd be happy to host one sometimes later on. I have a few ideas on what to include.

cacio

Blog Entries

Cacio, would you also like to sniff? We tend to have people sniff first, and then do hosting having been on the other side of it, so to speak.

I could be the host in January. I would need to order vials and I don't know yet where to get them, but other than that, it should be fine.

Please include me as a sniffer -- does not matter when.

Thanks for starting the thread and updating the list.

Love you, Warum.

Love you, DD.

I'll be a sniffer as well.

And now we are two! Thanks bunches.

Among the sniffed scents, please include Guerlain Sous le Vent, can't go unnoticed and unincluded I thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    I could be the host in January. I would need to order vials and I don't know yet where to get them, but other than that, it should be fine.
    DD, not necessarily for the best deal, but for the best customer service, quality stuff and extras with every purchase, I always go with the Accessories for Fragrance. Here's my favorite stuff from there, dab and spray:
    Short dab vials (they have long ones, too)
    Clear plastic ones, I think these were used for the sniffs in Jan, May and Aug/Dec.
    Plastic key ring atomizers

I am so excited about you being a host in January! Thank you for jumping in!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Love you, Warum.
    Love you too, Wolfie. Of course, you're on the list to sniff!

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I'll be a sniffer as well.
    Kalli, welcome! You will have great fun!
    Will January be OK for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Among the sniffed scents, please include Guerlain Sous le Vent, can't go unnoticed and unincluded I thought.
    Done!

Thank you for the link Warum. I am trying to decide if I should buy from the site you recommended or from
    madinaonline.com
    Madina has amazingly good prices for glass bottles, but unfortunately they don't have small atomizers. Also their shipping is a bit expensive, so it makes sense to buy a lot of stuff from them.

EDIT: madina has small plastic atomizers but the smallest quantity sold is 1 gross, which apparently means 144 pieces. It's a great price per piece but I really don;t want that many. If there are people willing to split an order with me, I could buy it and split it among several people.
    Last edited by darkdreams; 21st December 2011 at 01:25 PM.

Wow, this sounds really really fun but since I am new to this forum I would not dare to sniff yet, I am sure some time on the forum is necessary to prequalify)) but it is really fun to read these blind sniffs too so I will be following them for sure and maybe some day...

I don;t think there is any official rule about who can participate. I think your name should be on the sniffers list. Depending on how many others are interested, you can be a sniffer in February or maybe even before that.

Oh, really? Well, it does sound really fun, is much experience required?)) Where do you sign up?

As you probably figured out by now, the game consists of trying to figure out what perfume you are smelling by identifying the notes in it. Often, it is a perfume that you never tried before. Once you have a bunch of notes correctly identified, you can check the net for perfumes with those particular notes. BN has the notes listed for some perfumes, but there are other resources too.
    So, before you participate, try to "train" your nose. Smell as many essential oils as you can, smell the perfumes that you own or you have access to and pay attention to what is in them, etc. BTW, where do you live?
    I think Warum will make a note of your intention to sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post

Kalli, welcome! You will have great fun!
    Will January be OK for you?

Done!
    Sure, I am pretty much a newb at this though..I've only taken up scents 7 months ago. So, my nose..it's a newb nose for the most part. Having second thoughts on being a sniffer, my nose is so new..maybe someone with more experience should be a sniffer?
    Last edited by kalli; 21st December 2011 at 08:45 PM.

Warum:

sure, I can sniff too.

cacio

Blog Entries

A word on the need for experience:

Sure, I am pretty much a newb at this though..I've only taken up scents 7 months ago. So, my nose..it's a newb nose for the most part. Having second thoughts on being a sniffer, my nose is so new..maybe someone with more experience should be a sniffer?
    Quote Originally Posted by OVincze View Post
    Wow, this sounds really really fun but since I am new to this forum I would not dare to sniff yet, I am sure some time on the forum is necessary to prequalify)) but it is really fun to read these blind sniffs too so I will be following them for sure and maybe some day...
    Ladies, I think you both have expressed interest in being sniffers, and that makes you qualified for doing it. Sniffing perfume and sharing with others what you smell is a wonderful experience, and sometimes one can figure out notes come from the more everyday descriptions of smells. You won't be on your own, you will be on a team with other sniffers, and you will be able to work together. So I think you will both be great, Kalli and OVincze! Are you available in January?

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Warum:

sure, I can sniff too.

cacio
    Great! Are you available in January?

DD, thanks so much! <3

Blog Entries

Oh, really? Well, it does sound really fun, is much experience required?)) Where do you sign up?
    Right here!
    This is the place. Here we will cover the basics and then once you are in a sniff, your host will let you know what to do by posting here, PMing, creating a separate thread or all of the above.

I would love to be a sniffer next year.
    And a bit later in the year hosting one too.
    It was so much fun searching for some interesting fragrances for the hosting!
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

I won't be available the first week of January, other than that..I am available for the rest of the month..

Hi, yes I am available in January but we should confirm it then just because I may be working on a big project sometime in January but generally speaking yes I am available.

Here is the thing; I have considered experience and generally speaking I am not that experienced but have loved fragrances since I was a child (and I am 35 now), thing is oftentimes when I smell a perfume I immediately start breaking it down to notes and I am sure I can be wrong as everyone else and lack the experience others may have and have no clue what certain notes smell like but despite that I do not think that is necessarily embarrassing since this is about fun and this forum is very nice towards people so I am inclined to participare. I do not think this is a forum where they would make fun of others and I can laugh at my own mistakes too))

Oh and here is one more thing, I live in Europe, in Hungary specifically so I am not sure this is a problem, hope it can be worked around))

Oh and I am in the U.S. just to let you all know.

DD, I will gladly split your order with you -- I am out of my 300 sample vials for the year 2011 again and it was time to order a new batch. PO MO OK with U? (hahaha)

BTW people, if we find enough interest in splitting a big order from Madina, they have other super good deals that we could include.
    For example, 100 short vials are only $6.
    Dram bottles 12 pieces for $2 etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    I would love to be a sniffer next year.
    And a bit later in the year hosting one too.
    It was so much fun searching for some interesting fragrances for the hosting!
    I wrote you down, FrouFrou, right here! I knew you would respond! This is great fun, I agree. Do you want a spot in January?

I won't be available the first week of January, other than that..I am available for the rest of the month..
    I am putting you down for January then.

[...]oftentimes when I smell a perfume I immediately start breaking it down to notes and I am sure I can be wrong as everyone else and lack the experience others may have and have no clue what certain notes smell like but despite that I do not think that is necessarily embarrassing since this is about fun and this forum is very nice towards people so I am inclined to participare. I do not think this is a forum where they would make fun of others and I can laugh at my own mistakes too))

Oh and here is one more thing, I live in Europe, in Hungary specifically so I am not sure this is a problem, hope it can be worked around))
    I am sure then that you will be great! Sniffing a fragrance, trying to discern the notes and sharing it is the core of this game. Making mistakes is a part of it as well, I don't know any sniffer who hasn't made a mistake. And yes, we are all pretty nice (if I say so myself) and no one ever laughs at the others about making a mistake since if you've been a sniffer, you had made a mistake. At least one time in your long sniffing life that said, even a non-accurately guessed note may give your team an idea of thinking in a different direction, so mistakes are helpful as well. And hosts provide feedback and hints, too.

As long as the host incorporates extra time for shipping to Europe this is fine. In 2011 we shipped to Netherlands, I believe, and to Turkey.

BTW people, if we find enough interest in splitting a big order from Madina, they have other super good deals that we could include.
    For example, 100 short vials are only $6.
    Dram bottles 12 pieces for $2 etc.
    Wow, these are great deals! If you need more splitters, let me know. Pollux will need some atomizers for a special Blind Sniff he has in the works and I can help him with that.

Wow, these are great deals! If you need more splitters, let me know. Pollux will need some atomizers for a special Blind Sniff he has in the works and I can help him with that.
    Yes, I need more splitters. So far, only one person wanted 9(!) atomizers. I can keep quite a few of them but I don't want to buy enough to last me 5 years. My house is crowded with bottles as is.

Warum, that sounds really wonderful. I am so happy that I have found this forum. I can wait to not sniff in January but a bit later too, time does not hurt, at least I can train myself a bit longer but regardless I am sure that I will have fun. What a great idea. Until then I will try reading up on the previous blind sniffs, I have already read some of them. Well, I am off tomorrow to see family and I wish everyone here a wonderful holiday season. I cannot wait to be back in January and enjoying this forum again.

OVincze I don't mind sending to Hungary. I am still thinking about what perfumes to include and have not bought the atomizers yet, but I should be able to send sometime in the beginning of January if you decide to be part of the first 2012 sniff.
    BTW I am Romanian.

Really? That is pretty cool darkdreams, do you live in Romania or not anymore? I used to live in the US but moved back to Hungary about 6 years ago. Do you have an idea about when in January the first sniff will take place? I do not mind participating in the first one at all, I am sure it will be great fun.

I don't live in Romania anymore. I have been living in the US for over 8 years now. My grandmother used to know Hungarian.
    I am still waiting to see exactly who the participants are, if there is a back-up host and then we can coordinate our schedules a little. My plan is to have a long sniff, to let the participants spend at least a day with the perfume before guessing. Given the probable time differences, we may not even be able to be online all at the same time. Nonetheless I am sure it will be great!

Oh, that sound great darkdreams because it means that even if I am hit with that huge project I expect around the beginning of January, I will have the time to spend with the fragrance, it is a great idea to be flexible I think. I am happy to sign on just letting you on as I am leaving in a few mins.

Warum:

jan is a little busy. I could be available on occasional days.

cacio

Blog Entries

Alright, I think we are in a position to start planning for January! (and even a little further). Let's have 4 sniffers lined up, do y'all mind? Three with a back-up sniffer?
    TWolf can sniff any time, Kalli and OVincze want to do January. There's three. Let's have a back up member.

Cacio, would Feb/March be better for you than January? We can plan around your availability in January or pick a less busy time for you. Either is a valid option, I believe.

FF, do you want to back up on Jan?

I can be a back up on Jan or a co-host, whichever makes more sense, unless you want someone else to co-host, DD, and have an idea of who that is. I might be co-hosting with Pollux on a special Blind Sniff he came up with during the last one of this year and considers doing in in Feb/March 2012.

TWolf, are you still on co-hosting with me down the line? We discussed the ideas, so you are very well in the know of what we'll be sniffing when it is my turn to host.

DD, could you show me please what these atomizers from Madina look like? I tried to search for them and got confused with the site.

Warum I would be thrilled with you as my co-host, if it is not too much for you to do two.
    Twolf please let us know if you would like to be a sniffer in January. I am having a panic attack at the thought!

Blog Entries

Warum I would be thrilled with you as my co-host, if it is not too much for you to do two.
    Twolf please let us know if you would like to be a sniffer in January. I am having a panic attack at the thought!
    Someone has to have her anyway Next time I'm hosting I have avoided that cleverly by having Wolfie as a co-host, but oh well, my next host will have to have our dear Wolfie as a sniffer I guess! That will make it a graduation, right? a sniffer, a co-host, then a host with Wolfie, then a host - gulp! - with Wolfie as a sniffer!

Someone has to have her anyway Next time I'm hosting I have avoided that cleverly by having Wolfie as a co-host, but oh well, my next host will have to have our dear Wolfie as a sniffer I guess! That will make it a graduation, right? a sniffer, a co-host, then a host with Wolfie, then a host - gulp! - with Wolfie as a sniffer!
    True, but how in the world can we find something she has not sniffed before? shh...but I may have one...

Blog Entries

True, but how in the world can we find something she has not sniffed before? shh...but I may have one...
    We just have to face this challenge and live up to it! I'll be in the same boat some day!
    But think about how relieved our sniffers will be to have such a seasoned member on their team! Isn't it great to start with the very person who came up with this and is really good?

DD was a problem too. I went after the Tweed because she didn't have that on her lists. Nor Encre noire. And then Pollux came in as a replacement and he had Encre Noire in his wardrobe! Ah well....
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

I could back up in Januari, but my life is a bit rambling right now, I am mostly working on getting my house ready and up for sale, moving stuff, and as soon as I have my house ready for sale I will be off to America to be with my husband for a few weeks, and then return and finish and move everything. That's the plan at the moment.
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

No need to gulp or hick up, the wolves are not always as black as they are painted.

DD, January is fine for me. I think I know of a person to be a great back up for you -- Nostalgie. You will work fabulously together, judging by your both's styles.

W., yes, there were some fine ideas we have previously discussed. They need some finalization, though.

So far we have January sniffers all lined up. Please, we need more sniffers for February and all the following months.

Then it is a plan. I will host the January sniff with Twolf, OVincze and kalli as sniffers.

OVincze and kalli, I know it is hard work, but it would be great if you could update your wardrobes. At lest fill in the perfumes that you own or used to own.

Warum offered to be a co-host, although she has another one in the future with Pollux.
    If Nostalgie wants to help out -sure, I would be happy. I love them both and I would be lucky to have either of them as a co-host.

Blog Entries

DD was a problem too. I went after the Tweed because she didn't have that on her lists. Nor Encre noire. And then Pollux came in as a replacement and he had Encre Noire in his wardrobe! Ah well....
    And hey, it all worked out very nicely, and if you needed a dunce for Encre Noir, I gladly filled that role!
    It's the game of sorts, and there's always an element of chance in every game.

Love you too, DD. Meeting people on BNs in general and through Blind Sniffs in particular is one of the few of my favorite things!

OK, we do need more sniffers for the later upcoming sniffs.
    We also would like one back up sniffer for Jan. sniff hosted by DarkDreams.

And hey, it all worked out very nicely, and if you needed a dunce for Encre Noir, I gladly filled that role!
    It's the game of sorts, and there's always an element of chance in every game.

Love you too, DD. Meeting people on BNs in general and through Blind Sniffs in particular is one of the few of my favorite things!

OK, we do need more sniffers for the later upcoming sniffs.
    We also would like one back up sniffer for Jan. sniff hosted by DarkDreams.
    Just to make things clear: I too had smelled Encre Noire and sort of recognized it. It did not show up as "tried" in my wardrobe but it was. Otherwise I would have struggled forever to get it.

Dark Dreams! You should have had it in your ''to try list''!!!!!!

I am on for anything, sniffing, supporting, hosting, but hosting later in the year. And I cannot be very sure about my place of abode. For most of January it will be the Netherlands.
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Dark Dreams! You should have had it in your ''to try list''!!!!!!
    I know, but I only tried it on paper in a store. Usually I only mark as tried the ones for which I had a sample or at least a good spray. When I go to a store with many untried perfumes, I tend to smell too many, no matter what limit I try to impose on myself. In the end everything is muddled in my mind. But this one was somehow memorable. But I did confess this in the original thread, didn't you notice it?

DD, yes, I remember. And it is rather unforgettable isn't it?
    That's why I've got it!
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Feb/Mar should be a little better for me

cacio

Blog Entries

FF,

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Feb/Mar should be a little better for me

cacio
    Great! We have a very special one in the works for this time, and will let you know more about it closer to time.

What is the status on the January sniff?
    Are all three sniffers still up for it? Who would be so kind as to be my co-host?
    Also, I haven't heard yet from Fleurine if she wants a part of the atomizers order. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow and no one else wants atomizers (I posted a split for small plastic atomizers on the split board) I will order just a small number.

Blog Entries

DD, all sniffers are still up, at least no one said they wouldn't be. OVincze is traveling and will come back early Jan. I'll be glad to co-host.

Fantastic. I will start preparing for it! Mwahahaha! Be afraid! Be very afraid! Mwahahahaaaa!

Hello everyone, happy new year to all, nice to be back. Oh, I am trembling, so scared, well, part of the reason is that I had a headcold the third time this fall/winter and might have a bit of a sinus infection, which I am sure will be a great advantage when sniffing)) but otherwise I am here and though not really prepared, looking forward to the great fun we will have during our first blind sniff this year. I hope that everyone had a great holiday season.

I have one question, are all entries feminine in the blind sniffs? I have yet to read the past ones and was just wondering, I think I am particularly bad when it comes to men' fragrances))

Dear ladies, I ordered the atomizers. However, I did not receive any confirmation. Hopefully they did receive the order and will send them very soon. In the meantime, please send me your addresses (that includes TWolf, because I am that disorganized). Also, OVincze and kalli please start filling in your wardrobes. It is a time consuming process but hey...you will have to do it one day anyway. Once you start it gets addictive.

OVincze...everything is fair game. Male, female, unisex, vintage, discontinued, cheap, expensive, niche, drugstore....
    Last edited by darkdreams; 2nd January 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Blind Sniffs! I love them and I encourage everyone to try one. It really is great fun, and an excellent learning experience! My nose is a rather slow-learning nose, and I have never felt intimidated in a sniff because it's a supportive, group effort.

I have been neglecting BN lately, but plan to get over here more often in this new year. I'm willing to host and/or sniff this year, pretty much any month with some planning.

Blog Entries

DD, if you ordered from AFF, I can give you Sally's email, but she is always lightening fast with confirmations. Unless she's on vacation, I dunno.

Haunani, I am putting down your name for a sniffer and a host! So good to see you here expressing interest in both. The Paint the Town Red Blind Sniff was my first one and so I am counting you responsible to get me hooked!

OVincze, no worries, they will still all smell! So you will still be able to smell and post impressions

...Haunani, I am putting down your name for a sniffer and a host! So good to see you here expressing interest in both. The Paint the Town Red Blind Sniff was my first one and so I am counting you responsible to get me hooked! ...
    Oh, good!

Lol this sounds like fun, now I am sure we will get a men's entry just to make it hard)). Ah, I have to search for the wardrobe because I did not know you could do that here but I love doing that, will check it out in a few. It is so nice that we have such an enthusiastic and supportive group of people here, it makes it really fun and I feel a lot more excited about my passion, is it not more fun when you share the same passion with other nice people?

DD, if you ordered from AFF, I can give you Sally's email, but she is always lightening fast with confirmations. Unless she's on vacation, I dunno.
    I bought from the other site.

OVincze, I think all you need to do is search the perfumes in the directory and then click on I own this/ I tried this etc, and if you want also rate them. Also, there is a setting on your profile that allows others to see your wardrobe. Otherwise it is only visible to yourself. Please, do not worry about the masculines. I haven't decided what will be included but you will guess them anyway.

Well, thanks for having faith in us)).

Now, as to the wardrobe I have looked at mine and it does contain some entries but I have no clue how to make it public, cannot seem to find the setting to do that. I will keep searching but perhaps someone has an idea where to find the settings to do that. My other problem is that certain frags are not included, newer fragrances or special editions in particular, which is a problem because I cannot add them.

Go to "Settings" (upper part of the screen towards right) then on the left side of the screen "my settings" / "edit profile". Scroll down until you see a category called "Show wardrobe in posts". Chose yes.
    I think there is a way to add text at the top of your wardrobe. I used to know how but something changed now and it is sort of convoluted. I can't remember how it is done. You could probably find it using the search function.