Code of Conduct

Default Best Romantic/Attractive Cologne?

What's the best Attractive and Romantic cologne available?

Age Group: I'm 19 (turning 20)

What I'm looking for: I know there's certain colognes that are meant to be worn with your Girlfriend but I'm looking for something for a single guy, not a player-type guy! lol. I'm looking for something that's gets ppl's attention - that every girl will like - yet it's Romantic.

Default Re: Best Romantic/Attractive Cologne?

Perhaps Midnight in Paris EDP

Banned

Burberry Brit for Men by Burberry - Upon application, one is greeted with a spirited, spicy citrus, furnished by the green mandarin, bergamot, ginger and cardamom. This zesty confluence meanders to its middle, where a spicy wood, from its cedarwood and nutmeg, joins in creating a pleasant, vanillish aura. This melange is slowly infiltrated by the lovely, wild roses, adding a powdery dimension to the heart. As the citrus dies away and the heart's spicy sweetness prevails, it joins the strengthening base, with its grey musk, tonka bean and oriental woods, to enhance the powdery vanilla superimposed on a woody, musky background. This pleasing and complex composition renders a clean and fresh vibe, and has good projection and longevity.

Musc Ravageur or Muscs Koublai Khan. Forget all the mumbo jumbo. Go straight for the kill

Aventus

at your age, somewhat hard to say... try the macho hispanic bomb aqua brava. cheap and great. nothing to lose there. you will enjoy it.

uh, Douce amere SL
    and midnight in paris edp

I wore Le Labo Rose 31 on what was probably the worst lunch date in my life, and was all but stalked for a month after. Guess it worked a little too well.

Here are some all-around good ones for a young guy that wants to look/feel/smell good without blowing away passers by:
    Prada Amber Homme - Among my favorite recent designer frags, this is at once old-school powdery, soapy-fresh, and sleek and modern. Very classy, and I get a boatload of compliments from it.
    Carven Homme - If you don't mind hunting online for this eternal gem, CH is like a lighter version of Gucci Envy, but it's not as powerful and is more spicy and very charming. It's also (somehow) dirt cheap. Can't recommend this one enough.
    CK Euphoria Intense - Spicy-sweet myrrh resin and woods with a strangely chocolatey vibe. My second fave CK so far, and one of my gf's favorites out of my 100+ collection.
    Dior Homme Intense - 12 out of 10 reviewers between your age and mine (27) will agree here. Check out the page in the directory.
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

MFK Lumiere Noire Pour Homme - Smells like romance in a bottle.

Dependent

Hanae Mori EDP or EDT

Rochas Man
    Thierry Mugler Pure Havane

I think sexual pour homme is not a bad choice. +1 on the burberry brit too (although it is not as intimate IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty Bat View Post
    Carven Homme - If you don't mind hunting online for this eternal gem, CH is like a lighter version of Gucci Envy, but it's not as powerful and is more spicy and very charming. It's also (somehow) dirt cheap. Can't recommend this one enough.
    I second Shifty Bat's motion on the Carven Homme. It really is a charming fragrance. Projection is just right - never overbearing - and the longevity is fantastic. It is rather difficult to find, but well worth the hunt.

I would also highly recommend Mauboussin Homme EDP. This will get you noticed, and it is also a very romantic fragrance.

Habit Rouge in the EDP. Warm and rich and guaranteed to stand out in a crowd.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Here are a few men's fragrance that will get you laid by the younger ladies...

Green Irish Tweed
    YSL L'Homme de La Nuit
    Chanel Allure Homme Sports

Guaranteed with your money back...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

You want people's attention? Just look attractive and be social. End of story. Fragrance only accents a personality and appearance.

In general, with fragrance you run the risk of 1) People hating to be next to you because they don't like your smell or are allergic to it. 2) Appearing that you're just trying too hard for attention. "Hey look at me, I smell!"

Wear fragrance because you really like how it smells as you go through your day. Not for attention- which is quite pathetic

Musc Ravageur makes me feel sexy to me....its tough to describe that in words....but there ya go.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

At your age you won't go wrong with something like Green Irish Tweed or New Haarlem.

Pur Sang

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post

Green Irish Tweed
    YSL L'Homme de La Nuit

This!!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post

Green Irish Tweed
    YSL L'Homme de La Nuit

Totally agree with this. Ive not tried GIT but i can promise la nuit and AHS works

Then again like what G Man said, fragrance wouldnt make a person attractive but rather, an attrative person will give the impression that the fragrance is attractive

Ask a nice girl out for a day of scent shopping. Tell her you're looking for a new scent and need some expert advice and that she seems to have very good taste. Buy her lunch, don't be cheap and make her eat in the food court, you are requesting her time. You may or may not get laid, but you will get a new fragrance, lunch, and possibly a new friend.

360 Black by Perry Ellis never fails. I've had a few women bury their faces next to my neck, chest and/or wrist with this one. Young and old, it's a real winner to me. And for around $25 for a big bottle you can't lose. This scent has that warmth and subtle sweetness that lures them in and gives off a comforting vibe, yet there is a spiciness that always intrigues them.
    Last edited by jclaxton78; 21st December 2011 at 07:35 AM.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret. She'll love it (along with everyone else) and may already be familiar with it!

Blog Entries

Creed Aventus
    Geir Ness
    Chanel allure Homme
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

I'm surprised no one has mentioned versace dreamer