Code of Conduct

Default Boucheron Jaipur

Based on reviews on basenote, I was eager for a long time to add Boucheron's Jaipur to my growing collection. I decided to pull the trigger now and order it. Originally I was thinking about buying the EdP version, because I always assume, that the EDP has better quality than the EdT, at least was that my expirience with Opium PH and Dior Homme.
    I just have difficulties to find the 100ml EdP in the shops I want to order from. The EdT version wouldn't be a problem so...

Is it save to buy the EdT too? Is it more the EdT or the EdP that achieved the good reputation it has here on basenote? Which is the "true" Jaipur? I mean, which version is the more balanced, high quality, beautiful? If the EdP is really noticeably better, I just continue looking for it and order it.

Why are two version of fragrances in different strenght created anyway? If its just "some people like it stronger", than just apply less sprays. Put one on, instead of 4.... I never really understand why there are 2 versions of the same smell. Most of the time the EdP gets the better reviews on here, so why not JUST create the EdP?

Default Re: Boucheron Jaipur

I think you should be safe with edt, unlike Guerlains, Jaipur's difference is only in concentration. I bought the edp because it's slightly less powdery and fuller bodied but the edt is by no means a lightweight.

Cheers.
    Last edited by lasta; 23rd September 2009 at 02:26 AM.

On my skin, the EDT version of Jaipur homme has less longevity than most of the other EDT's in my collection. My experience has been that the life span of this formulation is about 6 hours. The EDP version will last more than 16 hours on my skin.

Additionally, I find the heliotrope note to be less prominent in the EDT than in the EDP. For me, this point, as well as the shortened longevity, actually makes the EDT version preferable in a hot climate.

If your climate is very hot and humid, you may find the EDP becomes very cloying.

I tried the EdP last week for the first time... Personally, I think it's easily the best version of this. The EdT smells fairly harsh and crude by comparison. The EdP is just a lot smoother, and much better balanced. I think the EdP actually has less sillage than the EdT, but it is by no means a lightweight in that department. Both last an exceptionally long time.

While neither version is bottle worthy for me, there is enough of a difference in these that I would not make a purchase without trying both...

I usually prefer EDTs over EDPs, but in the case of Jaipur, I'd get the eau de parfum if you can. It's not so much that it's so much stronger than the EDT, but it just smells a bit better constructed - you can detect the various notes in it better than in the EDT. It's "clearer" than the EDT, if that makes any sense. I find that the middle notes stand out a lot more in the EDP than the EDT too - to my nose, the EDT's deep vanilla base notes are more prominent than the top and middle notes.

On the other hand, you really can't go wrong with either. The EDP isn't THAT much better than the EDT. The EDT is a very fine fragrance indeed.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I have both, and actually bought the EDT after the EDP.

The EDT is brighter, yes more powdery, and slightly lighter than the EDP. The way i want Jaipur at times.

If getting the EDP is a bit of a problem, you will not be missing much getting the EDT.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I love Jaipur edp, and have many bottles, unfortunately it is so strong, it burns my skin when I initially put it on. However the edt does not do this. I have heard other people have this complaint as well. I hope this isn't the case with you. But as far as the smell, I think they are both winners, I really don't think you can go "wrong" with either one.
    Last edited by Maz24; 23rd September 2009 at 09:49 AM.

One of the best male-orientals.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 25th March 2012 at 10:24 AM.

I've tried both the edt and edp side by side and prefer the edp. I like the edp more because it seems much less powdery to me and I'm not a fan of overly powdery fragrances - they give me headaches and nauseate me. I would shop around for the edp, but you would probably be happy with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalifestyle View Post
    Based on reviews on basenote, I was eager for a long time to add Boucheron's Jaipur to my growing collection. I decided to pull the trigger now and order it.
    Its really one I advice people try before they buy !
    I have the EDT & its a powerhouse !
    To many sprays & I feel im inhaling over a hot bowl of rich creamy vanilla & egg custard .
    Make sure you come back & let us all know if you like it .

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Its really one I advice people try before they buy !
    I have the EDT & its a powerhouse !
    To many sprays & I feel im inhaling over a hot bowl of rich creamy vanilla & egg custard .
    Make sure you come back & let us all know if you like it .
    +1 LOL I use ONE spray of the EDT and I'm goooood

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    +1 LOL I use ONE spray of the EDT and I'm goooood
    Both are very strong in my opinion. The EDP is just more refined and smoother.

You definitely don't need a bigger bottle than the 1.7 ounce, haha.
    Last edited by 1280adam; 25th September 2009 at 03:01 PM.

i tried EDT & EDP decants some days ago..
    in my opinion i prefer the EDT.. why?.. works better in hot weather so.. EDP isn't an option for me ..
    if u live in cold weather EDP will be perfect..

Sur la Plage

I prefer the EDP over the EDT.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Definitely try before you buy with either of these. I have only tried the EDT, and on my skin I didn't get any vanilla or spices (and when I say vanilla, I mean the basenotes of Caron PuH). I just got an overwhelmingly powdery floral smell. So much so that my wife thought I'd got lost in the store and gone to the Womens dept

I prefer Diesel Zero Plus Au Masculin to Jaipur Homme, and I think the reason is that the heliotrope is too strong and the spice too weak (relatively speaking) in JH.

anybody knows the notes for this edition?

OK, in the interest of science I tried the EDT again last night. It opens with the same "Play-Doh" smell people get from Le Male. On me that lasts about 10 minutes, then the almond from the heliotrope comes through, then almost immediately a very powdery floral ramps up and overwhelms everything except the almond. The pyramid here on BN doesn't mention carnation, jasmine and rose in the heart, but other places on the net do. I think it is these notes that are too strong, I don't think the "womens make up purse" smell is the fault of the heliotrope.

It's a shame - without that overly feminine floral smell in the middle I would probably really like this. As it is, I just cannot wear it, I had to go home and scrub it off.
    Last edited by andym72; 15th January 2010 at 08:50 AM.

I wore this yesterday (edt). Put on 3 sprays early in the morning. Late evening, it was still going strong! It`s a very classy oriental scent. Def. not for the most casual attire. I haven`t smell the edp yet, but I`m quorious. Do I need it when I already own the edt?

The EDP is extremely strong, but in a pleasant way for fans of powerhouse frags

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    anybody knows the notes for this edition?

This Jaipur Homme Fraicheur Limited Edition is actually my favourite version. Less heliotrope and woodier than the EDP and EDT.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Through a bottle of EDT I came to EDP. Was my first EDP at the time.
    I don't think it's worth it having both. Just try both thoroughly and make your choice.

Regards, Odor.

I prefer the EDT over the EDP; it seems smoother to me and still has monstrous longevity and projection but in a very pleasant way; not too overpowering. The EDP is great too though.

I was looking for Jaipur which is getting harder to find and a Nordstrom rep told me they will be getting it back some time this spring. She noted seeing it in her spring training class and that the packaging and bottle has been revamped and so has the scent. It will be offered in a edt only and that it is much fresher and less spicy ...musky then its former self.

Jaipur EDP is a wonderful scent IMO. Glad I have it in my collection.

There both great. I'm surprised that Jaipur doesn't get a lot more love on BN. Maybe it will, in time.

What is the main difference between the edt and edp? Is the edp more spicy?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    What is the main difference between the edt and edp? Is the edp more spicy?
    EdP is much smoother and better blended, imo...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Sounds great. I will def. check it out some day!

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I agree.....Gary