Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Can You Smell Younger?

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Can You Smell Younger?

Citrus is said to make people quite cheerful, so perhaps grapefruit works like beer goggles for the nose.

Have got to start searching for those grapefruit fragrances in my collection.

Dependent

So if I wear Kouros, I wonder how botched my illusory-age would become.

There was a fragrance released in 2008 based on this concept - http://agelessfantasy.com/home.html
    It's pink, btw.

Beer goggles, Rüssel? The scent of grapefruit is said to make the wearer seem younger, which doesn't necessarily mean more attractive. There's a difference!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I enjoy wearing any kind of fragrances, BOTH the ones which make me appear older and younger

I guess I like to wear almost any fragrance, regardless of the way they might distort perceptions about my real biological age

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I enjoy wearing any kind of fragrances, BOTH the ones which make me appear older and younger

I guess I like to wear almost any fragrance, regardless of the way they might distort perceptions about my real biological age
    I fully second this!

The idea that grapefruit in fragrances makes women appear younger is not new. It looks like that has been scientifically tested in or around 2006 at the Ruhr University Bochum, Germany, under the guidance of Prof. Hans Hatt . If Hatt were a Basenoter he would probably have extended this research to men also .
    Last edited by narcus; 25th December 2011 at 12:09 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.