Code of Conduct

Default Lalique Encre Noire vs Lalique Pour Homme

I've heard from many reviews that the Lalique Encre Noire is absolutely amazing, but what about the Lalique Pour Homme?

Is the pour homme very distinct in smell compared to the encre noire, and if so would I ever wear it if I bought the encre noire as well?

is there a big difference between the edt and the edp as they are only about 5 dollars difference in price?

Default Re: Lalique Encre Noire vs Lalique Pour Homme

They're both very different but very good IMO especially the Lalique Pour Homme EDP.

Honestly, I am still yet to smell Encre Noire, although I wanted so much. Parkxi, where do you live and if you had the chance to smell, where did you?

I haven't smelled either of them so I'm pretty much going to buy it blindly. I know the encre noire is a safe choice, but I was still wondering whether or not the pour homme was worth getting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkxi View Post
    I've heard from many reviews that the Lalique Encre Noire is absolutely amazing, but what about the Lalique Pour Homme?

Is the pour homme very distinct in smell compared to the encre noire, and if so would I ever wear it if I bought the encre noire as well?

is there a big difference between the edt and the edp as they are only about 5 dollars difference in price?
    Encre Noire is only amazing to those who find it amazing. I am not against the fragrance or people that like it, but ya gotta settle down when you read the reviews.

Pour Homme is amazing of course.....

Actually, Lalique pour Homme at the moment is a fascination of mine. I really like it. I wouldn't say it is overly distinctive, but there is no other scent out there that smells like it per-se. Its got very sharp top notes ( the EDT) and I like the sweet classy dry down in the cool weather. Its a classic and it is made to be very classical like ( I don't even know if I am making sense here, probably not).

Lalique is a very nice brand. They put out good stuff. I don't always like what they put out, but I at least appreciate the effort. Lowest common denominator scents that "chicks dig", this is NOT.

I like the EDT better. I like the sharpness of the top notes it has. As well, I think I can pick up the scent better when I wear it. The EDP is still good. I got a comment from someone once when I wore the EDP that it smelled too strong. Which is interesting to me, because I didn't feel that way. Oh well, my sense of smell is pretty much shot thanks to Lapidus pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkxi View Post
    I haven't smelled either of them so I'm pretty much going to buy it blindly. I know the encre noire is a safe choice, but I was still wondering whether or not the pour homme was worth getting too.
    I don't know if Encre Noire is a "safe choice". But is a Basenotes favorite, so you may as well get it ( I'm not making fun, I think all the Basenotes darlings are good : Terre d'Hermes, Dior Homme...etc). Just be sure that it may not work. Its a chance you gotta take.

Lalique pour Homme is worth getting into if :

i)You want a classy fragrance to wear during the day ( or night) that is in the idea of Guerlain Heritage, but not as heavy

ii) You want a sweet scent, but a mature and gentlemanish one ( but not boring or lame)

iii) You saw the paper ad with the guy in the old school car and thought "hey, that is like me !"
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Thanks so much 'Surfacing' for the well-written review! I was wondering if the EDT actually smells more different that the EDP? If they are very very similar, then I think I'd rather get the EDP for the Pour Homme since I usually need a cologne that's pretty concentrated.

Is this a kind of scent you would wear in a college/business/work setting or is it more for casual wear?

I don't really understand the reference to the "paper ad with the guy in the old school car" one haha.

No prob !

The EDT and the EDP do infact ( to me) smell very similar ( apologies for not addressing that initially). The top is different in the EDT. The EDP feels thicker (obviously).

If I am in college, I would wear it, but NOT to a lecture where you will be very close to others. To the library, sure ( no better place, IMO). To the coffee shop ( apparently, there is a better place !). To open areas to study, sure, why not. Just not in places where you are sitting to close to others, as this scent may be more strong than the wearer realizes.

As well, business and work is fine as well. Just don't spray to heavy. I just do the chest nowadays.

I also would wear it casually. Maybe not jeans and t-shirt and runners. But nice jeans, a nice knitted shirt and a decent jacket....why not ? I say go for it.

Last, the reference to the paper ad is the Lalique pour Homme ad that ran in magazines. You can find it online. Its just a jab at how easily it is for people in supposedly educated societies to be soo easily falling prey to advertisments. (Myself included here). Or rather, they are just wishfully thinking and looking at the cool people in the ad and with their ego not in check, think that person is like them.

I'm rambling but anyways, let me know how this scent goes. Like I mention, I am fascintated with it at the moment. Very nice bottle as well.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !