Code of Conduct

Default Pistachio!! Mmmm...

Yesterday I tried Laura Mercier's Creme de Pistache EDT.... holy moly I love it. The simplest way to describe it is Mugler's Angel (which I'm not fond of), but replace 65% of the cocoa with rich gourmand pistachio! I've always wanted a pistachio fragrance, I love the subtle bizarre nutty smell of it, is this the best one out there? I've read up on Pistachio Ganache... the house has slipped my mind though, but heard of its terrible longevity.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks guys

Banned

Default Re: Pistachio!! Mmmm...

firstly, this might prove helpful >>>> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/259...me-de-Pistache

... secondly, it is Pistachio Ganache by Payard ...

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    firstly, this might prove helpful >>>> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/259...me-de-Pistache

... secondly, it is Pistachio Ganache by Payard ...
    My wife is on her second bottle of Pistachio Ganache by Payard. The logeveity on her isn't a problem. A Calice Becker scent at Walmart pricing. $45.00 for 50ml. Hell, you can afford to toss it if you get sick of it.

At the risk of derailing this thread and turning it more or less off-topic: can anyone please kindly recommend, I know it sounds weird, a male or unisex marzipan (or even almond or indeed pistachio-like) scent?

Thanks in advance!

Banned

@Ken_Russell - Rahat Loukoum by Serge Lutens

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    At the risk of derailing this thread and turning it more or less off-topic: can anyone please kindly recommend, I know it sounds weird, a male or unisex marzipan (or even almond or indeed pistachio-like) scent?

Thanks in advance!
    Best almond scent for me is Sharif by AbdesSalaam Attar (profumo.it)
    http://graindemusc.blogspot.com/2011...ing-first.html
    Although this review doesn't talk about the almond as much as it should have, the almond is a constant note never leaving the during the entire wearing of the csent.

Best marzipan for me is Aoud Gourmet by Micallef - definitley leans way feminine, might not work for you - I honestly don't think the general public knows shit about gender in scents - that's why I just wear what I like, and no one says I smell like a girl.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=24521

Blog Entries

The Iceberg Fragrance by Iceberg (Femme) is has pistachio ice cream accord in the heart but it's not gourmand. Weird, I know, but it's an unusual & unique scent. I got mine for under $30 new. Took a while to warm up to it but I love it now.

Very much enjoy Mercier's Pistache fragrance but the top is not so nice ... needs 10-15 minutes to settle. I definitely see the Angel references. I don't care for Angel but I do like this.

Traverse de Bosphore by L'Artisan lists pistachio as a mid-note but I guess it's overshadowed by the other notes.