Code of Conduct

Default Tobacco Vanille vs Tuscan Leather

Folks,

I'm a huge fan of tobacco Vanille and think its truly a niche masterpiece. I have yet to try Tuscan leather but am intrigued to do so. I know they are totally different scents , but what do you like better?

Nick

Default Re: Tobacco Vanille vs Tuscan Leather

I have TV which I hardly ever use though I like it and it smells great it just does not gel with me. I wish I had TL instead as it is more easier to wear.

I layer them - great combination!!!

Not a fan of either, but if I were to choose, I'd pick TL.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not a fan of either, but if I were to choose, I'd pick TL.
    I didnt know that hednic.

I love them both. I would give a slight edge to TL but its close.

Very different scent. Not a fan of leather so I'd go with TV.

Definitely would pick Tuscan Leather!

Both are great scents. TL gets the edge for being more masculine and elegant.

TL is my preference.

I much prefer Tuscan Leather.
    The suede and saffron accord is mesmerizing.

for swap/sale:

Both good frags, but Tuscan Leather is absolutely intoxicating. One of my absolute favs.

They are the one-two punch of Tom Ford and both excellent. I'd say eventually you'll have both. But if you need to choose only one right now, sample them. Only your nose knows which one is better for you.

Both are strong contemporary scents, a bit tougher for the "average" consumer to wear. But if you're in here, you are likely not average.

Tobacco Vanille is heavenly. I personally found Tuscan Leather to kinda meh compared to TV and some of the other Prive Blends.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Why So Serious?

I absolutely love both! They are neck to neck. TL lasts for decades on clothing! TV i found more comforting, so i'll give a slight edge to TV.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Love both, but I find TV easier to wear.

Surprised by the consensus for TL here. For me, it's TV by a long, long way.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I like leather but TL is a scrubber. TV all the way.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    Surprised by the consensus for TL here. For me, it's TV by a long, long way.
    +1.

Banned

Tabacco Vanille because of its superior longevity and projection, ...

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

TL for me. Just not a big fan of TV.

Basenotes Member

Just sampled both and very torn.....TV dries down into a pee-pee smell (damn indoles) on me but I still love it so and considering a split. TL is just amazing and longer lasting on my skin. I think TL the more interesting scent but for some reason I keep getting drawn back to TV. I would get both personally and just may do so......I know I was no help, sorry!
    Looking For - Guerlain Spiritueuese Double Vanille (full bottle, partial bottle, decant, anything), Profumum Roma Vanitas & Dulcis in Fundo, Farmacia SS Annunziata Cara

Have a 1.7oz of TV and an 8.4 of TL. Take a guess...
    The Bark Bites Back.

tobacco vanille

I would say TL but TV if its game time. TV is really out there. I own both and love them both but I get more use out of TL in general. That should actually credit TV in many ways. TV is like dynamite on my skin. I have to be in a certain environment to throw TV on and I consider myself pretty brave to wear anything anywhere.
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Tabacco Vanille because of its superior longevity and projection, ...
    I love both of these scents, but Tuscan Leather lasts a lot longer on me. I sprayed it on yesterday at 2:30 PM, and it's still evident on my wrist at 10 PM. Going on 32 hours including a shower. I sprayed Millesime Imperial on today around noon and that was gone several hours ago. Most of the Private Blend line are projection and longevity monsters. TL and TV are worth every penny. Too bad they're doing away with Amber Absolute.

Both are great

Tobacco Vanille kind of reminds me of Back To Black... or was it Chergui? Anyway, that's a toughie. Get both!

TV hands down for me. TL is a great smokey leathery scent with some raspberry, but the saffron note kills it for me. Don't like saffron notes in my fragrances. To the OP you should also check out Amber Absolute if you can. A lot of people are saying it's being discontinued, I'm' glad I put my order in, can't wait to get it this week.

Wow! I am shocked at how much love Tuscan leather is getting when you can have the same thing as a more subtle fragrance for 1/2 the price in Mark Birley Charles Street. I personally do not find Tobacco Vanille to be anything like Chergui or BTB. I think TV is an amazing scent even if it is a bit linear.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Noir de Noir
    4. Tonka Imperiale
    5. Musc Ravageur
    6. Bois d'argent
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Oud 1

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Wow! I am shocked at how much love Tuscan leather is getting when you can have the same thing as a more subtle fragrance for 1/2 the price in Mark Birley Charles Street. I personally do not find Tobacco Vanille to be anything like Chergui or BTB. I think TV is an amazing scent even if it is a bit linear.
    The same has been said for Bvlgari Black & Patchouli 24 but there is a difference.
    I personally haven't tried the Mark Birley but I will superficially assume there is a difference and the weight or value of that difference is very objective and relies completely on the person making the decision.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    The same has been said for Bvlgari Black & Patchouli 24 but there is a difference.
    I personally haven't tried the Mark Birley but I will superficially assume there is a difference and the weight or value of that difference is very objective and relies completely on the person making the decision.
    Probably true, but CS and TL actually smell very much alike while BB and P24 don't really.

Basenotes Junkie

Tuscan Leather is a masterpiece, I feel. Getting it shortly - yey

Tobacco Vanille is great for about 30 minutes on my, but then starts leaning towards a very feminine vanilla on me. I got several compliments on it yesterday while wearing it, but every compliment (three or four) was - "wow, that's somewhat on the feminine side". It's nice, but not on a man / you.

Bottom line - the first 30 mins of TV is glorious - the rest is overtly sweet and feminine on me (semi-subjective thoughts after wearing my sample and as said, having been called out by several). Hehe. Still a damn good and well made fragrance, though. No doubt.

In the end I'm picking up a Tuscan Leather and I'm so absurdly looking forward to it. It pretty much reminds me of my trips to Tuscany - and I'm easily bringing it for my holiday there this summer

I like them both but ended to sell TV, because although I like it, I didn't use it very often. I haven't TL but I think that if I have, I would wear it more often than TV. So my answer is Tuscan Leather.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

^ LOL, missed chance for me, ey Tony? :-)
    I like TV better. TL is nice, but doesn't work too well on my skin. I prefer Noir de Noir over both, though.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I prefer Tobacco Vanilla, although Tuscan Leather is a great fragrance (sometimes i layer both, as long as my TL decant lasts).
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    ^ LOL, missed chance for me, ey Tony? :-)
    I like TV better. TL is nice, but doesn't work too well on my skin. I prefer Noir de Noir over both, though.
    Hah, that was your luck Great scent still! I hope you enjoy...
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Basenotes Plus

Tuscan leather simply oozes class whilst on me TV can get a little cloying, great as a clubbing scent though. So TL for me by quite a wide margin. I may try layering the 2 as someone suggested.

Tobacco Vanille - but hey!.... I'm a girl.

I have to go with TV. Been on a huge Vanilla kick for quite awhile now.

Hey guys, I haven't tried either of these and I'm not able to. I'm gonna have to blind-buy (not a whole lot so it's not that big of a deal that I can't sample first) and I'm not sure which to get. I haven't really gotten my nose on any leather scents before but I'm not afraid to try. However, I really like Pure Havane, which would lead me to believe I'd like TV very much. However, I need the fragrance to be somewhat wearable. I'm not saying it should be an everyday, casual fragrance, but I'd like it not to be a one-trick, suit-and-tie pony. I'm also looking at Oud wood, but I'm not so sure about it as I haven't heard as much about it as I have TL and TV. Thanks guys!

TV.
    I guess there's a lot in TL I may be missing but it was all raspberry and tanning chemicals to my nose. Phenomenal longevity though.
    Neither was full bottle worthy for me, but I'm glad I sampled them.
    I like Oud Wood. If only it had the same longevity and projection as TV and TL. At those prices I don't mind just doing one spray in order to keep a scent in check.

Tuscan Leather is a masterpiece. TV is an unwearable mess.

If I had to pick between these two masterpieces I would have to pick Tuscan Leather. Edges out Tobacco Vanille ever so slightly for me.

TL is better to me

If you have chance to explore outside the line, I would. Neither is really representative of what either genre can do (they're both just stock blends from a company called Firmeniche -- they don't even have a designated perfumer behind them). They're both highly synthetic, relatively linear, and obnoxiously loud. I'd strongly advise at least getting a sense of what other vanilla / leather scents are on the market before committing to these.

But if it comes down to these two, Tuscan Leather for me by a long shot. Yes, it's massive amount of suederal and safraleine, and it can be quite headachy, but Tobacco Vanille is just awful to me -- a really cheap glade candle. I like Tom Ford and own a few bottles, but these just don't cut it for me at all.

Honestly, I wouldn't go blind on either -- they're just too pricey for such a risk. Find a way to get samples, even if you have to buy them on ebay. These are both mall scents in more metropolitan areas, so depending on where you're at, you shouldn't have a hard time getting to them. In the meantime, do some research as to what else is out there. I can tell you that you can get something incredibly close to Tobacco Vanille from Phaedon for a fraction of the price. Anyhow, good luck on your decision

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    I like Oud Wood. If only it had the same longevity and projection as TV and TL. At those prices I don't mind just doing one spray in order to keep a scent in check.
    Sorry to kinda go off-topic, but I reaaaaaally like Oud Wood as well. For some reason, however, I'm finding it kinda feminine (I generally enjoy 'feminine' scents such as DH, DHI, MIP). Does anyone else get that? I'm starting to think I'm liking Oud Wood so much because it smells like a beautiful woman. Or maybe that's just a scent association with someone from my past that I'm currently unable to place. I thought this was supposed to be a masculine scent?
    Last edited by mjones602; 26th January 2014 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Sorry to kinda go off-topic, but I reaaaaaally like Oud Wood as well. For some reason, however, I'm finding it kinda feminine (I generally enjoy 'feminine' scents such as DH, DHI, MIP). Does anyone else get that? I'm starting to think I'm liking Oud Wood so much because it smells like a beautiful woman. Or maybe that's just a scent association with someone from my past that I'm currently unable to place.
    Hmm. Never really thought of it in that way to be honest. Noir de Noir I can see as being more transitional, but Oud Wood is a pretty standard western oud blend to me. Then again, I can't really think of an oud that specifically swings more fem. Even Oud Fleur's rose is fairly butch to my nose.

I love both. Both are worthy of being in a fragrance collection imo.
    ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧UK Sale Thread: Niche & Designer bottles for sale UK✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Current Top Favorites:
    1) DAVIDOFF Silver Shadow Private Blend
    2) BOND No.9 New York Oud
    3) LUBIN Idole de Lubin (eau de parfum)
    4) MONT BLANC Legend Intense
    5) CHARRIOL Eau de Parfum pour Homme
    6) YSL L'Homme Parfum Intense
    7) DIOR La Collection Prive - Ambre Nuit
    8) SCENTSTORY 24 Gold
    9) HERMES Voyage d'Herms Parfum
    10) LATTAFA Ameer Al Oudh