Code of Conduct

Default kenzo power similarities

hello members just share ur experience about KENZO POWER

WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS FRAGRANCE RESEMBLANCE WITH ANY OTHER PERFUME

DOES IT HAVE ANY SIMILARITIES WITH Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Māle

Default Re: kenzo power similarities

I would say simply that it is a very nice fragrance and am glad I can count it as part of my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I would say simply that it is a very nice fragrance and am glad I can count it as part of my collection.
    Hey Hednic
    i blind bought kenzo power and already possesing Fleur du male
    in case they are similar in any possible smelling way i dont want to have it and i can get it changed as i havent opened up the bottle

I see no similarities with FDM. They are both floral, that's about it. FDM has a lot of neroli, which gives it more of a citrus floral feel. Picture orange peel, neroli and perhaps iris, which eventually turns into Le Male.

Power on the other hand is more of a fruity/floral. More sweet, reminds me of fruit loops. If you have ever tried Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Sea's; the two share striking similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I see no similarities with FDM. They are both floral, that's about it. FDM has a lot of neroli, which gives it more of a citrus floral feel. Picture orange peel, neroli and perhaps iris, which eventually turns into Le Male.

Power on the other hand is more of a fruity/floral. More sweet, reminds me of fruit loops. If you have ever tried Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Sea's; the two share striking similarities.

SO shall i open up the bottle

ps:i blind bought kenzo power and already possesing Fleur du male
    in case they are similar in any possible smelling way i dont want to have it and i can get it changed as i havent opened up the bottle

I think you will be pleased with both. They are nothing alike.

What other fragrances do you own, perhaps (if I have tried them) I could tell you if they are more similar to anything else you have. ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_cologneist View Post
    i think you will be pleased with both. They are nothing alike.

What other fragrances do you own, perhaps (if i have tried them) i could tell you if they are more similar to anything else you have. ?

jpg le male , jpg fleur du male, pr black xs ( i love it), 212 sexy men , polo black, joop pour homme, million, montale black aoud, to name few

Quote Originally Posted by arvinfo View Post
    jpg le male , jpg fleur du male, pr black xs ( i love it), 212 sexy men , polo black, joop pour homme, million, montale black aoud, to name few
    Alright.. I would say it's more a long the lines of Joop or 1 Million. Ya know that synthetic fruityness, althought not much spice (if any) in Power, if I recall. Not nearly as big of powerhouses as Joop or 1 Million. But, overall, based on your collection.. I have tried most of those, and I don't find it to be similar to any. So I think you made a safe blind purchase. Power is also very versatile. Hope it works out for ya. Report back when ya get it, and let us know.

Alright.. I would say it's more a long the lines of Joop or 1 Million. Ya know that synthetic fruityness, althought not much spice (if any) in Power, if I recall. Not nearly as big of powerhouses as Joop or 1 Million. But, overall, based on your collection.. I have tried most of those, and I don't find it to be similar to any. So I think you made a safe blind purchase. Power is also very versatile. Hope it works out for ya. Report back when ya get it, and let us know.
    thank you will surely keep it in mind

any more replies

Basenotes Institution

It smells like Dior Homme to me, which IMO is vastly superior. Nonetheless, I don't own either one, they never really grabbed me.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Kenzo Power EDT smells like Dior Homme................but i prefer Kenzo Power Cologne by faRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I have also sensed a slight similarity with Dior Homme

The similarities to Dior Homme are minimal if even there. Power is a citrus spice burst that is followed by a long drydown into a fine amber. Lasts forever

okie but unfortunately havent smelled dior pour homme and read in threads that it resembles with fleur du mmale???

I also find a similarity to Dior Homme.

In my case, Power was an acquired taste: someone gave me a sample of the shower gel, used it everyone once and then and finally decided to buy a bottle after months of using the gel. It was a complicated decision for there is a, EdT and an EdC. After much searching in Base Notes, I decided buyig the EdC.

I do get a similarity to Dior Homme's top notes and to the base notes of Armani's Acqua Di Gioia, so there is an aromachemical shared by these blends for sure.

IMHO, I thoroughly enjoy powdery / barbershop - kind of fragrances and this is of the kind. I compared it to Canoe by Dana and I feel they share somo kind of vibe, as if Polge decided to update this last classic.

so wat u ppl say shld i keep it as a blind buy????????

if i'm having fleur du male......

Quote Originally Posted by arvinfo View Post
    so wat u ppl say shld i keep it as a blind buy????????

if i'm having fleur du male......
    Arv, Power and Fleur du Male don't have anything in common. Unless you are thrilled by blind buys, try it before buying and sample repeatedly before.