Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: L’Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro (City Exclusives)

From cafleurebon.com:

Maybe it’s the economy but we have become armchair travelers through the perfume, visiting cities and countries around the world through scent. L’Artisan Parfumeur announces its own city exclusives; no scent mules required as all will be available online as well as the city shoppes.

Mon Numéro: each market will have an exclusive number. 8 numbers, 8 perfumes, 8 moods, 8 destinations.

One perfumer: Bertrand DUCHAUFOUR

MON NUMÉRO 1: A prelude to the collection, Mon Numéro 1 fills the heart with a lightness of being evoking Műre et Musc. This bold, blend of pear and mimosa like your first perfume, fresh and delicate as a dress blowing in a spring breeze.

MON NUMÉRO 3:A number capturing the spirit of young adults: full of life, passion and character. The effervescence of youth is evoked by a resounding, intoxicating top note that recalls an alcoholic drink and the sensual side of vetiver

MON NUMÉRO 4: A return to the past, rediscover the familiar perfume of barbers’ shops. Traditional lavender rubs against intoxicating leather. Mon Numéro 4, with its classic, nonchalant mood, has that reassuring je ne sais quoi, like a well-tailored suit.

MON NUMÉRO 6: Evoking sensations of rebirth in which the first drops of rain give life back to the Planet Earth – with all its sublime and powerful richness. Green, fruity, watery, floral and woody notes.Mon Numéro 6 has a dreamy, leafy mood, imagine yourself barefoot on the ground in the midst of a monsoon.

MON NUMÉRO 7: The journey continues with a visit deep inside an Indian temple… A necklace of tuberose and jasmine around your neck, a chai tea in your hand and a whiff of spices in the air. Mon Numéro 7, with its exuberant mood, is a fantasy in which colors, movements, textures and sacred odors swirl and merge, like a sari.

MON NUMÉRO 8: Paying homage to a great classic of French perfumery, this enveloping scent where sublime iris is elegantly reassuring…a voluptuous cloud of powder to wear without restraint. Supremely chic with its luxurious mood, it is like cashmere stole draped over the bare shoulders of a lady one evening at the opera.

MON NUMÉRO 9: A modern interpretation of the famous Cologne with a classic top note: zesty, green and slightly tangy, it contrasts with shiso leaf, then by resinous accords . Mon Numéro 9, with its festive mood, is like a vision of summer, in flip-flops and a white t-shirt in bright sunlight, a refreshing cocktail in hand.

MON NUMÉRO 10: This perfume is an explosion of warm, enveloping notes. A heady,memorable ode to a highly sought-after note of oriental perfumes. Mon Numéro 10, with its eccentric, piercing mood, is like an evening gown that turns heads all on its own.

Range: 7 Eaux de Parfums & 1 Eau de Cologne: 100ml.

Recommended retail price: €115

Available at L’Artisan Parfumeur boutiques and on the website: late June 2011. Each market will have the exclusive rights to one number.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Fragrances: L’Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro (City Exclusives)

Numbers 4 and 9 sound promising....
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Numbers 4 and 9 sound promising....
    I like the sound of #7.

I am sure some people will buy all 8 blindly as soon as they are available.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

#6 sounds like something I would like.

Shame there is no "NUMÉRO 2", as the last time I paid to have a Number 2 was also in Paris.

I smelt these when they were 6000 or so pounds in Roja Dove's perfumery. They smelt very L'artisan-esque and quite nice but a few were really very unmemorable. I remember the iris being quite similar to the outstanding Iris Pallida. There was also a soft floral that I found charming. Good thing L'artisan realized they're crazy with the initial pricing and decided to price these reasonably.

I believe it's just a repackaging and higher distribution of this: http://lartisanparfumeur.blogspot.co...ollection.html It'll be nice to be able to get our hands on them more easily, for sure.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I like the sound of #7.

I am sure some people will buy all 8 blindly as soon as they are available.
    I agree on #7 -- that's the one that stands out the most to me. With the not unreasonable price, I may begin squirreling away my meager pennies for purchase.

LOL at the #8 dig -- for iris I will stick with Love In Black.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Will be great additions to my collection of the 42 already there. Can't wait.

Bertrand is busy these days. #4 and 8 sound interesting.

Basenotes Institution

#3 sounds very confusing. They all are intriguing me and this Duchaufour Fan Club Member can't wait to smell them all. Which, sounds, sort of like an impossible task if it not were for decant sites.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Looks over-thought and full of controlling notions to me. Things far away from the simple. Right off I say ick. If someone compliments me on a scent I like to say thanks, it's Dzing!, say, and created with the circus in mind. Not some response like: "Evoking sensations of rebirth in which the first drops of rain give life back to the Planet Earth – with all its sublime and powerful richness. Green, fruity, watery, floral and woody notes.Mon Numéro 6 has a dreamy, leafy mood, imagine yourself barefoot on the ground in the midst of a monsoon."

It smacks to me of the results of a conference where the participants around the table say to each other, "we've done everything creative we can think of, what else is there we can think of to do next?"

I'm a serious L'Artisan consumer too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I believe it's just a repackaging and higher distribution of this: http://lartisanparfumeur.blogspot.co...ollection.html It'll be nice to be able to get our hands on them more easily, for sure.
    Looks like it - I can't see any house just knocking together a whole collection and foisting it on the market out of the blue.

Oh, wait a minute . . .

I've got a decant of Numero 6, it's a sweet, watery floral, as promised. In the dry down I get whiffs of the typical "Duchafouresque" base with iris peeking out. I reminds me a bit of the fragrances in the Jardin-series of Hermes, it has a bit of that sweet & sour thing that I smell in the Jardins. It's comfortable, easy to wear, and maybe easily forgotten?

#10 sounds good to me. I just ordered a sample yesterday.

Anyone tried the "numero 3 & 4"?

Both are available now on the website... I'm curious about the third, the vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    Anyone tried the "numero 3 & 4"?

Both are available now on the website... I'm curious about the third, the vetiver
    They are? Can't order them from their website. Says that #3, #4 & #7 still not available. Already have the others and will be picking up #10 this weekend.

Yes, I could buy both without problem...

http://www.artisanparfumeur.com/our-perfumes/mon-numero

I don't know if it's the same page for USA customers but they are, 145€ the bottle

Which is the best #?

Any review of mon numero 3 or 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    Any review of mon numero 3 or 4?
    Was told today that it was decided that these two will not be available for purchase online through their website in the US as thought. Originally said on their website arriving in autumn. Now says sold out.

Sur la Plage

#10 was OK, but I didn't wow me. Nothing I felt compelled to purchase .

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Was told today that it was decided that these two will not be available for purchase online through their website in the US as thought. Originally said on their website arriving in autumn. Now says sold out.
    Too bad. I was looking forward to these specially. I guess they don't need the business.

In the european shop they are available, as in the german and uk shops (Harrods for number 4, Ludwig Beck for 3, I think)

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    #10 was OK, but I didn't wow me. Nothing I felt compelled to purchase .
    I agree. Tried it at Barneys this morning and it was watery and has poor longevity. I'll give it a pass.

Thumbs down Re: New Fragrances: L’Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro (City Exclusives)

10 smelled like Raid roach spray, not kidding,,,,,,,,HORRIBLE!!!

Mon Numero 10 - I am guessing at what I smell with this one but it smells like pepper, a soft fresh musk, labdanum, pears?, with a soft sueded leather and light wood base. Overall smells like a very light unpolished leather with light blonde woods. I like it! A very sophisticated smell. This does remind me slightly of Louis Feraud Nuit de Sens, but only slightly. It is a very unique scent.

Any Mon Numero 3 or 4 review?
    We accept reality easily, perhaps because we intuit that nothing is real...

Numero 8 is a very elegant Iris. It seems like a fairly 'dressed up for an evening' scent to me and although not initially as drop-dead gorgeous as Armani's La Femme Bleue, in the long run I think it is a more beautiful and probably superior piece of work. It's exclusive to Lane Crawford in Hong Kong and I understand a number of women have bought it. In case anyone is interested '8' is a very lucky number in Chinese culture - I wonder if they took that into account?

There are many many vetiver lovers in basenotes, I'm surprised nobody reviewed mon numero 3 yet, a vetiver based scent by Douchafour... sounds promising... I'm curious... you can purchase it in l'artisan Uk & Europe websites and also in Ludwig Beck shop in Germany
    We accept reality easily, perhaps because we intuit that nothing is real...

Very interesting, I can't wait to try them all

10 comes across as Duchaufour taking the piss out of his own style.

I'm loving 6, though.