Code of Conduct

Default High School Everyday Wear Fragrances

Hey Basenotes, I'm 16 years old, almost 17, and I've recently gotten into fragrances. Originally I had one that my mother got me for Christmas a few years back, but after checking out some more interesting frags, I've really gotten into the game. So far I have Acqua di Gio, Le Male, The Dreamer, Cool Water, and Burberry London. Although I like having a couple different options, I'm mostly looking to have just 1-3 main fragrances, 1 for warmer weather, and 1 for cooler weather. Right now Cool Water is my warm weather fragrance, which I like, although I've been considering checking out GIT, L'eau D'issey, Man au Fraiche, and maybe some of the allure and pour homme fragrances by Chanel, Gucci, and D&B. As far as cold weather goes, Le Male, is okay, and London is nice but doesn't last too long. However, I'm really looking for a winter fragrance that I really love, that I could wear often, that lasts long and projects. Some ideas right now are New Haarlem, A*men (which I have tried and like quite a bit), other Theirry Mugler fragrances, Dior Homme Intense, Boss Bottled, Rochas Man, HM, body kuoros, L'Instant Pour homme extreme, and Play Intense. Price isn't a huge deal right now, so please ignore that factor in your replies. Some other things about me... I dont like to wear anything that smells too feminine (I tried La nuit de l'homme, but found it smelling too girly for me to wear). Also I dont touch anything that smells like Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle, etc. because those all smell the same and everyone wears them. Although I'm not usually into anything too sweet, I could really see myself enjoying an awesome sweet gourmand fragrance. I want to smell great in both weather conditions, and yet still have a signature scent (or 2). So please, help me, what is the right choice here?
    Last edited by BattleShipp; 24th December 2011 at 10:00 PM.

Default Re: High School Everyday Wear Fragrances

Givenchy Play Intense for sure. It's fantastic for an everyday fragrance in colder weather.

I did test that one out at Macys the other day... It was definitely very appealing... Im considering it for sure.

Also maybe give consideration to Bulgari PH Extreme. It's a classy scent that is appropriate for everyday wear and could be a signature scent for some.

Burberry London

Perhaps, although for winter I was thinking more of a gourmand scent, especially seeing as fall is over. So for now, maybe more gourmand. I will consider it though.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Burberry London
    I own Burberry's London, and it smells nice. However, it doesn't last very long, and I'm not even sure anyone notices it. Don't get me wrong, it smells good, but it doesn't last long or project, which is kind of important me.

Basenotes Junkie

im 18 just outta highschool and i have le male, rochas, hanae mori. Theyre all good and i like rochas a lot that i bought new haarlem online a few days ago. And i personally prefer rochas over Amen because its not as dark and stinky

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by BattleShipp View Post
    I own Burberry's London, and it smells nice. However, it doesn't last very long, and I'm not even sure anyone notices it. Don't get me wrong, it smells good, but it doesn't last long or project, which is kind of important me.
    +1. It really is light compared to le male and other winter ones

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    im 18 just outta highschool and i have le male, rochas, hanae mori. Theyre all good and i like rochas a lot that i bought new haarlem online a few days ago. And i personally prefer rochas over Amen because its not as dark and stinky
    How does rochas compare to Le Male? also what is hanae mori like in comparison?

BattleShip, you have quite a collection at your age! I had Preferred Stock, Aspen, Nautica Competition, and Axe when I was that age, so you're doing quite well so far! Since price is no issue GIT would be a good addition, but if you have Cool Water, it's not necessary. Not that they smell the same to most of us Basenotes members, but to the average Joe or Betty, they probably do. A*Men is a nice choice for the cooler weather and will certainly get you noticed. Hanae Mori HM is nice too but you say you don't like feminine smelling stuff and that one is not exactly manly, though it is beautiful. May I also recommend:

D&G Pour Homme (Pre-reformulation if you can find it. It has the sticker on the front of the bottle. Classy)
    Creed Himalaya (Soapy, clean, cool smelling goodness. A good alternative would be Paco Robanne XS)
    YSL Rive Gauche (Very masculine, very soapy, barbershop-ish old fashioned gentleman. A la Don Draper)
    Bvlgari Aqva (All season aquatic that doesn't smell like your run of the mill aquatic)
    A*Men Pure Havane (One of the best A*Men flankers and still attainable for roughly the same price as new)
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

How does rochas compare to Le Male? also what is hanae mori like in comparison?
    Hanae Mori HM starts off very lemony-floral and after an hour or so changes into the smell of an ice cream sunday. Vanilla, a little hint of chocolate. It's an undercover gourmand. Lasts a looong time too.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    BattleShip, you have quite a collection at your age! I had Preferred Stock, Aspen, Nautica Competition, and Axe when I was that age, so you're doing quite well so far! Since price is no issue GIT would be a good addition, but if you have Cool Water, it's not necessary. Not that they smell the same to most of us Basenotes members, but to the average Joe or Betty, they probably do. A*Men is a nice choice for the cooler weather and will certainly get you noticed. Hanae Mori HM is nice too but you say you don't like feminine smelling stuff and that one is not exactly manly, though it is beautiful. May I also recommend:

D&G Pour Homme (Pre-reformulation if you can find it. It has the sticker on the front of the bottle. Classy)
    Creed Himalaya (Soapy, clean, cool smelling goodness. A good alternative would be Paco Robanne XS)
    YSL Rive Gauche (Very masculine, very soapy, barbershop-ish old fashioned gentleman. A la Don Draper)
    Bvlgari Aqva (All season aquatic that doesn't smell like your run of the mill aquatic)
    A*Men Pure Havane (One of the best A*Men flankers and still attainable for roughly the same price as new)
    Thanks a lot! I forgot to mention, I dont want anything that smells too mature, although I guess that's really ambiguous... anyway I kind of want to have a nice gourmand for the winter (perhaps rochas man, hew haarlem, play intense, or A*men... I also would love to smell L'Instant pour homme Extreme).

Hanae Mori HM starts off very lemony-floral and after an hour or so changes into the smell of an ice cream sunday. Vanilla, a little hint of chocolate. It's an undercover gourmand. Lasts a looong time too.
    Thanks, you really seem to know what you're talking about. Although if you say it might be a bit feminine, then chances are I should probably avoid it.

Basenotes Junkie

le male is like powdery mint vanilla. rochas is like a sweet creamy mocha. Really nice but a skin scent and not as loud as le male. Hanae mori is also sweet but its sweetness is like a candy lemon sweetness like a lemon head. then hanae mori throws some floral and vanilla in the mix after like 4 hours. It last forever like le male.

le male is like powdery mint vanilla. rochas is like a sweet creamy mocha. Really nice but a skin scent and not as loud as le male. Hanae mori is also sweet but its sweetness is like a candy lemon sweetness like a lemon head. then hanae mori throws some floral and vanilla in the mix after like 4 hours. It last forever like le male.
    Alright I'll definitely give rochas man a smell. Im not usually too big a fan of the powdery scents... le male unfortunately smells like powdery tobacco on my skin sometimes.....

Basenotes Junkie

play intense and men are darker scents than rochas so its up to you. also linstant is said to be mature (old) smelling? i wouldnt say hanae mori is feminene but its not a macho man type

Basenotes Junkie

i agree with le male smelling not too nice sniffing up close but i learned that its one of those that smells nice without you digging your nose into it.

play intense and men are darker scents than rochas so its up to you. also linstant is said to be mature (old) smelling? i wouldnt say hanae mori is feminene but its not a macho man type
    Hmm... well I've smelled both A*men and Play Intense and find them quite different, but I like them both. I havn't ever smelled L'instant of Dior Homme Intense, but I've heard so many good things about them. Their reviews are nearly flawless on this website, and that's really saying something. I'd like to at least check them out.

i agree with le male smelling not too nice sniffing up close but i learned that its one of those that smells nice without you digging your nose into it.
    Yeah I've really been wondering about that! It's difficult to smell a fragrance on yourself unless you dig your nose into your wrist. I have a feeling fragrances smell a lot worse that way.

CK One hehe...all the rage when i was in highschool

Basenotes Junkie

Yeah I've really been wondering about that! It's difficult to smell a fragrance on yourself unless you dig your nose into your wrist. I have a feeling fragrances smell a lot worse that way.
    i learned that the smell that you get when you catch a whiff outta no where is what matters.

Banned

BattleShip, you have quite a collection at your age! ... A*Men is a nice choice for the cooler weather and will certainly get you noticed. ... May I also recommend:

+1 ...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    CK One hehe...all the rage when i was in highschool
    cheap and good! hahah totally agree on CK One. Best when I was in high school

I received Givenchy Play Intense for Christmas today, and I must say it's quite nice. Seeing as I own London, Le Male, and Play Intense, my search for a winter fragrance is pretty much over, however I might just try smelling Dior Homme Intense, L'Instant Pour Homme Extreme, and Rochas Man.... and I also may consider Boss Bottled. For warmer weather.... I also got a sample of Green Irish Tweed today, and WOW is it incredible! I could definitely see myself buying this sometime during the spring (perhaps for my birthday in march). I do have one question though.... GIT is very expensive and I've heard there are a lot of fakes out there. However, the price on Fragrancenet.com is 40%+ cheaper than at Neiman Marcus... is Fragrancenet.com 100% reliable to buy GIT?

Basenotes Junkie

fragrancenet is 100%. beautyencounters is another good discounter site. I like boss bottle as well. its like fresh apple pie

fragrancenet is 100%. beautyencounters is another good discounter site. I like boss bottle as well. its like fresh apple pie
    My girlfriend said she liked how I smelled when I was wearing a sample of Boss Bottled, although she also likes Cool Water(which I usually wear). You are 100% sure that fragrancenet is legitimate? I really wouldn't want to blow 175 bucks on fake stuff, that would be horrible.

Basenotes Junkie

one of the most popular websites recommended on this forums

$130 shipped from FragranceNet on Amazon. It's usually cheaper to get FragranceNet stuff on Amazon for some reason.

http://www.amazon.com/Creed-Green-Ir...4842786&sr=8-2

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock