Code of Conduct

Default [NEW] Salamah Attar by Amouage (Exclusive Limited Edition)

Anyone try this yet?

Default Re: [NEW] Salamah Attar by Amouage (Exclusive Limited Edition)

Not here notes brake down, please.

here's what I've found for notes:
    Fragrance notes of : Taifi Rose, White Musk, Bergamot, Hay, Frankincense and Cambodian Oudh Oil
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I'll check the Amouage boutique here. They'll probably have it here in Dubai.
    Otherwise how would the Russians attain It?
    Russians are year round tourists here in Dubai. Less than before though. Now its mostly western Europeans and Chinese.

for swap/sale:

Looks good I have always been impressed with the Amouage Attars as they are a cut above most other fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Looks good I have always been impressed with the Amouage Attars as they are a cut above most other fragrances.
    Definitely!

zahras has it for $199.00 for a 12ml bottle.

http://rehaat.com/Catalog/Zahras%20P...%20Amouage.pdf

A sweet Oudh woody, floral fragrance, with Rose, bergamot in the top notes, Taifi rose and frankincense in the heart notes based on white musk hey and oudh oil.

Salamah is available in Harrods for 95 for 30ml and 65 for the 12ml. they have another new exclusive attar called Tahani. Both are very nice. salamah seems to me like a tamer version of Tribute without the sweet leather and vetiver. still quite smokey but not overwhelmingly. Frankincense and Hay seems to be most dominent with a slight sweetness of the beloved taifi at the edge. Overall very well composed. On skin its quite linear (unlike tribute which.is not) and lasts for a good 6 hours and than it finally dies down to a beautiful oudh and musky drydown. On cloth seems to last and last like all the other amouage attars and seems to envelope you.i would say perfect for everyday use.*
    Tahina like the SA adviced me was the opposite of Salamah; as Tribute is to Homage. As one of the fellow Basenoters (Fazli) comented Tahina was comparable to Homage sweet, fresh and woody. I felt when i first applied the drop, tahina started of like a typical mukhalat i.e. rose,saffron, and woods. However after 30 min it started behaving like homage as it kept on showing different facets (but not as many as homage) but with the instanbul rose always in the background. To me i would say tahina is like Homage minus some of the notes i.e andalus and tayibah and replace the taifi in homage for istanbuli rose. The SA was talking about the notes in tahina but i was just fixated on Salamah and unfortunately cannot remeber too much and what i speak of is from the tester ribbon she gave me on which she infused few drops of Tahina and whats left of the drop applied on my wrist. However i do remember her saying Tahina has lots more in it than Salamah. Hope that helps

Interesting so Salamah is a "Tribute Lite" fragrance with dumbed down notes for those who find Tribute to opulent and expensive. And the same goes for Tahina but a "Homage Lite scent". Thanks for the information as the Amouge attars are always a cut above most other fragrances.

Ok, im INTERESTED lol.

Thank you for being INTERESTED, I wouldn't use the word 'lite' as they are both still very powerful and beautiful. They maybe lighter on the pocket however not interms of quality, silage, longetivity etc. I would say Salamah comes from the same family as Tribute as Tahina is to Homage. Lol....lets make Tribute the patriarch and Homage the matriarch.....
    Last edited by sultanpasha; 6th January 2012 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sultanpasha View Post
    Salamah is available in Harrods for 95 for 30ml and 65 for the 12ml. they have another new exclusive attar called Tahani. Both are very nice. salamah seems to me like a tamer version of Tribute without the sweet leather and vetiver. still quite smokey but not overwhelmingly. Frankincense and Hay seems to be most dominent with a slight sweetness of the beloved taifi at the edge. Overall very well composed. On skin its quite linear (unlike tribute which.is not) and lasts for a good 6 hours and than it finally dies down to a beautiful oudh and musky drydown. On cloth seems to last and last like all the other amouage attars and seems to envelope you.i would say perfect for everyday use.*
    Tahina like the SA adviced me was the opposite of Salamah; as Tribute is to Homage. As one of the fellow Basenoters (Fazli) comented Tahina was comparable to Homage sweet, fresh and woody. I felt when i first applied the drop, tahina started of like a typical mukhalat i.e. rose,saffron, and woods. However after 30 min it started behaving like homage as it kept on showing different facets (but not as many as homage) but with the instanbul rose always in the background. To me i would say tahina is like Homage minus some of the notes i.e andalus and tayibah and replace the taifi in homage for istanbuli rose. The SA was talking about the notes in tahina but i was just fixated on Salamah and unfortunately cannot remeber too much and what i speak of is from the tester ribbon she gave me on which she infused few drops of Tahina and whats left of the drop applied on my wrist. However i do remember her saying Tahina has lots more in it than Salamah. Hope that helps
    Are those prices really that low? At Harrods? Wow!

believe it or not they are. by the way these are the new prices for some of the attars available in London for 2012 as given to me by a friend that works at one of the stores.

Item description Price
    Homage Attar (12ml) 225.00
    Homage Attar (30ml) 400.00
    Tribute Attar (12ml) 225.00
    Tribute Attar (30ml) 400.00
    Asrar Attar (12ml) 125.00
    Asrar Attar (30ml) 235.00
    Al Andulus (12ml) 65.00
    Bahjah (12ml) 65.00
    Ouhd Al Khaloud (12ml) 610.00
    Rose (12ml) 60.00
    Jasmine (12ml) 50.00
    Sandal (12ml) 65.00
    Musk (12ml) 55.00
    Tayyiba (12ml) 55.00
    Shams Al Doha (12ml) 120.00
    Majan (12ml) 155.00
    Basmah (12ml) 85.00
    Ayoon Al Maha (12ml) 100.00
    Molook (12ml) 115.00
    Afrah (12ml) 160.00
    AlShomokh (12ml) 220.00
    Ohood (12ml) 120.00
    Badr Al Badour 240.00
    Salamah (12ml) 65.00
    Salamah (30ml) 95.00
    Tahani (12ml) 75.00
    Tahani (30ml) 105.00

I've read about this a few days ago, I'm interested, but the price is going to hurt lol

Banned

Does Harrods still sell all of those? I thought some of them had been discontinued because I couldn't find them anywhere. I was particularly interested in Al Andalus.

Well, Salamah and Tahani are pretty reasonably priced IMO, and they are worth it.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Any place to sample salamah and tahani?

Where to get sample?

Yep the prices are real. all of them available in the Amouage store in Lowndes street and in Selfridges and Harrods. Harrods and the Lowndes street boutique will have the largest selections.

ok quick question, I know there are some oil fragrance that you blend with an other fragrance. You just don't spray it on. I know some you can. Where does this fall into?

These are fragrances by themselves. You may experiment layering them, but it's by no means necessary. Being oils, you dab them on.

Anything more than tiny little dab would be a definite overkill. truly powerful but wonderful stuff. own their own they are magnificent but if you want to perk up a boring spray on fragrance, definitely layer with an attar. there few posts out their about layering the attars, one i would recomend is a drop of al Shomoukh with a drop of Asrar.

These (Salamah & Tahani) are now avauilable at the Amouage boutiques in Dubai.

For clarification : neither contain oud.

for swap/sale:

I was at Harrods last weekend, and they didn't have Al Andalus in stock, so I went to the nearby Amouage shop. They are very friendly there, by the way. I tried the new Opus VI, a very nice amber-turning-to-oud, and bought the Al Andalus attar, which reminds me of Chez Bond but more complex. Wonderful. Couldn't be happier with my Amouage attars.

EDIT: if you guys ever visit Harrods, don't forget to visit Roja Dove's upstairs Haute Parfumerie salon. It is beautiful, and full of wonders. The SAs are very friendly as well.

I was looking at Salamah and it's notes mentioned include Cambodian Oudh.

http://www.asf-dubaishop.com/PBSCPro...?ItmID=8883763

It is well worth getting IMHO...
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Winston Churchill

Basenotes Junkie

I will now have to pass by their shop tomorrow to test it out. Big fan of their lineup.

Its good but imo too strong. You gotta get past the sharp top notes than is quite enjoyable.. Its one I find enjoyable in minute quantities. Would say a needle swipe rather than a drop. Personally prefer tahani although originally I prefered salamah ......am wearing Tahani right now Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So where can you buy real ASAQ online?

Somebody got a link?

Basenotes Plus

The Amouage attars seem to have been discontinued or removed from the market - please see
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/378...ger-being-sold
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/378...al-with-attars
    Last edited by lpp; 14th April 2014 at 06:58 PM.