$50 more or less. I'm in high school, anything but fresh. Go (please).
how would you describe Egoiste?
Oooh, I am not the best at describing scents, but I guess I would describe it as a woody oriental, with a really tasty/juicy mandarin(not really a fresh note to me) in the opening, with a really pleasing woody co-star(I guess this is the rosewood), followed by a light rose, and it dries down to this amazing sandalwood and vanilla The pyramid lists coriander and I guess that is the tart and slightly spicy hint I get together with the mandarin, to get a more citric feeling(toned down though) from the usually sweet mandarin.
It is an amazing and unique scent, and I absolutely love it, and have to keep myself from wearing it all the time!
But other people are much better at describing it than me, and I would recommend that you read the reviews http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120554.html
Versace The Dreamer
You can't get Egoiste for $50.00, but you can buy a bottle of Yatagan for $28.70. A steal with a couple bucks left over.
Egoiste (not the Platinum version with silver cap) -- 50 ml for ~$50
Carbone de Balmain
Fahrenheit by Christian Dior
"I am a robot and I like cheese"
1. Axe Kilo
2. Lectric Shave
3. Vicks Vapor Rub
4. Febreze Pour Homme
5. Preferred Stock
Good suggestions already. I'm going to add Estee Lauder Azuree (citrus leather), I think about $40 regular price at Macys, or Breath of God by Lush (it also comes in stick format for about $15).
Other options are some 70s/80s throwback scents like Polo (original green), Giorgio for Men (1-1 1/2 sprays only on this one as it is a major powerhouse), or even Azzaro pour Homme. These are definitely not the kinds of scents your high school buddies are wearing anymore as a general rule, but they are all superb classics that have held up quite well, IMO.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frťdťric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driý) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacrť (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privť (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
I'll second both Yatagan (if you want something classic but at the same time unique) and Breath Of God (if you're up for some modernity).
Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here
Allure Homme Sport