Code of Conduct

Default I finally found a public toilet smelling like Kouros, and it was wonderful!

I honestly don't get all these people complaining about Kouros, one of my all time favourite collognes, smelling like urinal cake, toilet cleansing products or any other product related to human excretions. For me this is a clean and soapy smell with just enough civet to make it interesting and addictive. But last Friday, for the first time in my life, I visited a toilet in a small Hotel in a small Town of Switzerland that actually smelled like Kouros. I don't know which product they use for cleaning or dedodorizing it but it was probably the most wonderful smelling, clean and well attended toilet in my life and I wish every public restroom in the world would smell like this.

Default Re: I finally found a public toilet smelling like Kouros, and it was wonderful!

The thing is once your nose has made the association with Kouros and toilet urinal cakes, do you really want to be smelling like one yourself.lol

Default Re: I finally found a public toilet smelling like Kouros, and it was wonderful!

Thing is that I like wearing Kouros and I don't care what other people associate it with.

<gags>

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Thing is that I like wearing Kouros and I don't care what other people associate it with.
    Same here.

Some restrooms smell like Kouros, some like (a possibly off) bottle of Maxim's ph. I enjoy them all.

The smell of a clean maintenence bathroom is awesome... Kouros!!!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

I was intrigued by Kouros, then I started reading things like the topic the OP posted about, which turns me off from wanting to try the fragrance, but I'm still thinking about giving it a go.

I don't like it, it is harsh and the incense smells like the cheapest stuff in a headshop. It is very much like a blue urinal cake being used as an incense holder. I also couldn't scrub it off, even with soap and a microfiber exfoliating washcloth.

Well, if Kouros has this reputation, it was only a matter of time until this scent got replicated in real life

Thanks, Ender. I think this completes the arc of the whole Kouros argument. There is a prophesy in the Book of Indoles that one day a child would come among the scholars in the temple arguing about whether Kouros smelled like urine cakes, and the child would say that he had found a urine cake that smelled like Kouros. So that makes Ender the Kouros Messiah. I can die now.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Some people like smelling like toilets and others like smelling good.

Or maybe the controversy rages on.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Blog Entries

Urinal cakes are tasty.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

THE KOUROS STORY
    to be continued....
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Strollyourlobster View Post
    Thanks, Ender. I think this completes the arc of the whole Kouros argument. There is a prophesy in the Book of Indoles that one day a child would come among the scholars in the temple arguing about whether Kouros smelled like urine cakes, and the child would say that he had found a urine cake that smelled like Kouros. So that makes Ender the Kouros Messiah. I can die now.
    LMAO @ Book of Indoles

"Ender"? Let us fervently hope he's not the Antikouros!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LMAO @ Book of Indoles

"Ender"? Let us fervently hope he's not the Antikouros!
    I'm neither I guess . Kouros is the perfume for the frenchman inside of me. It puts a big smile on my face and it makes me feel good everytime and everywhere I smell it, may it be in a public restroom or at the court of the Queen of England. I don't care the least if it makes me smell like a toilet as long as it is a fine smelling toilet...

Happy new Year to all of you!

I finally found Kouros smelling like a public toilet, and it was awful!

Well I finally smelled Kouros for the first time and...I like it. Why is everyone torn on this. It's a nice scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Well I finally smelled Kouros for the first time and...I like it. Why is everyone torn on this. It's a nice scent.
    I agree with you Oupavoc, it's a very nice fragrance.
    Last edited by laph; 30th December 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Urinal cakes are tasty.
    And calorie-free, too!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thanks for making sure that Basenoters pet theme will continue

to protect the innocent in 2012 also !

'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post

Thanks for making sure that Basenoters pet theme will continue

to protect the innocent in 2012 also !

I thought the Basenotes pet theme was "Green Irish Tweed smells like Cool Water"...

Basenotes Plus

I'd rather hold it in....

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

..and I'd rather she held it.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

On a related note, I ran into a homeless guy on the subway, who from about 10 feet away, smelled exactly like the opening of Antaeus (reformulation). However, his smell became decidedly non-Chanel-like as you got closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I thought the Basenotes pet theme was "Green Irish Tweed smells like Cool Water"...
    Ender, We need a poll, we need another poll
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Dependent

Please join the debate about my theory. Actually I will be making a documentary on this subject that will air next year on The Perfume Channel, entitled Why Kouros makes Americans Puke

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...oom-Deodorizer

Interesting. Yesterday at the changing room of the gym some nice fellow asked me if I was wearing Aqua di Parma just after having put on Kouros. I never thought that these two could be mistaken for each other, but now I see that he actually had a point. There's certainly a generous amount of fleur d'oranger and bergamot (?) in the opening notes of Kouros which give it a "colognish" touch.

queen of the universe

What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!