Code of Conduct

Talking HELP! I need a sexy white musk that will have men wishing they could devour my neck!

What are some semi-affordable perfumes that smell clean and feminine-musky but not particularly fruity or floral? I tend to get headaches with certain perfumes (Clinique "Happy", Victoria Secret fruity scents, "Beautiful" by Estee Lauder, "Design", Avon perfumes, anything with honeysuckle or gardenia)
    I desperately want something different, maybe more mature and sexy? (I am 32) I am currently separating from my husband and want something that will attract men but have women doling out the compliments. I want it to be subtle, yet addictive... I want to be delicious in a clean, musky way. I want people to say "Mmmm, is that you?" And I want it to last all day without being overpowering.

Perfumes that I have been able to wear in the past are: Egyptian Musk Oil, Heaven by Gap Scents, Jovan White Musk, Laundromat by Demeter and Glow by J-Lo. You may laugh at some of these selections from my 20's but with my body chemistry, I ALWAYS got compliments!!! I just want to try something new!

I am looking for top/mid/base notes that could possibly include: Ambergris, White Musk, Musk, Lavender, Sandalwood, White Flower, Peach Blossom, Orange Blossom, Violet, Vanilla, White Jasmine, Cotton Blossom, Coconut, Pachouli

HELP! =)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP! I need a sexy white musk that will have men wishing they could devour my neck!

Lots of people here rave about Musc Ravageur. It's just okay on my skin, sandalwood and musk, but apparently it's quite sexy if your skin likes it. Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess, Kuumba Made Persian Garden or Vanilla Musk, Bonne Bell Skin Musk all get good reviews as well.

Default Re: HELP! I need a sexy white musk that will have men wishing they could devour my neck!

Thanks so much, I can't seem to find the Musc Ravageur... is that only available at his specific boutique or in department stores? I was thinking of trying The Body Shop's White Musk or Kiehl's White Musk, but maybe that would be too "young girl"? IDK

Post Thanks / Like

Emporio Armani White She! Very clean yet sexy.

Im not sure, but I believe it is renamed "Red" now.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on a musk quest, too, at the moment. Ones I've tried so far that match your description are Sarah Horowitz's Perfect Veil and Montale's White Musk. I like Kiehl's Original Musk in the oil form. Some people find it a bit dirty but I find it creamy & floral. You might like Ava Luxe's Love's True Bluish Light, too.

Adding: I forgot to mention Annick Goutal's Musc Nomade. I get compliments on that one, it is a soft woodsy musk, very easy to wear.

Grrrr... it looks like they're discontinuing both of them? Darn it, I hate when they do that!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I'm on a musk quest, too, at the moment. Ones I've tried so far that match your description are Sarah Horowitz's Perfect Veil and Montale's White Musk. I like Kiehl's Original Musk in the oil form. Some people find it a bit dirty but I find it creamy & floral. You might like Ava Luxe's Love's True Bluish Light, too.

Adding: I forgot to mention Annick Goutal's Musc Nomade. I get compliments on that one, it is a soft woodsy musk, very easy to wear.

Thanks so much, i guess I really need to get out there and start whiffing!

Post Thanks / Like

Kiehls original musk is wonderful and inexpensive, but it is a "dirty", not white, musk (so is musc ravageur, btw). Not that they are truly dirty, but they don't have the clean laundry feel of what you mention. More like a ripe, warm skin scent. As such, some might find it extremely sexy, other gross (ie not quite properly washed).

True white musks make me think of either the white musk line by Tom Ford, or some Francis Kurkdjian. Both extremely expensive, though.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

There is both ambergris and musk in the basenotes of eau Parfumee au The Blanc by Bvlgari - one of my favorite tea scents, with a nice artemesia opening.

Post Thanks / Like

Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc I believe is more of a clean musk. It's been a while since I've smelled it so I'm going from memory. It's also much easier to find than the niche lines. I own Musc Ravageur and I don't see it as being a clean white musk at all. It's all soft and dirty. Now, for me, that's a good thing...but not quite what you're looking for I believe. If you can find it, I'd give the white musks of Tom Ford a try or go for the good ol' musks of our youth...Alyssa Ashley or Jovan Musk. I would recommend Coty Wild Musk but it doesn't smell the same, at least to my nose, since they reformulated it. Then there's always of course Coty Vanilla Musk if you want a bit of sweetness with your clean musk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc I believe is more of a clean musk. It's been a while since I've smelled it so I'm going from memory. It's also much easier to find than the niche lines.
    Agree on this one, although it seems to react much to body chemistry. I have tried it on several girls during the years, but only once it worked. Most of the times it turned sour-ish...

If you do want to enter the nische world I suggest Serge Lutens Clair de Musc. The most luxorious white musc with just a hint of dirtyness.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

I encourage you to try some of the Ava Luxe musks, like Nude Musk, Vanilla Musk and there may be others.
    I have Vamp, which has a cotton candy topnote that dries down to a warm sexy musk, but I think it may be discontinued
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynSmells View Post

What are some semi-affordable perfumes that smell clean and feminine-musky but not particularly fruity or floral? I tend to get headaches with certain perfumes (Clinique "Happy", Victoria Secret fruity scents, "Beautiful" by Estee Lauder, "Design", Avon perfumes, anything with honeysuckle or gardenia)
    I desperately want something different, maybe more mature and sexy? (I am 32) I am currently separating from my husband and want something that will attract men but have women doling out the compliments. I want it to be subtle, yet addictive... I want to be delicious in a clean, musky way. I want people to say "Mmmm, is that you?" And I want it to last all day without being overpowering.

Perfumes that I have been able to wear in the past are: Egyptian Musk Oil, Heaven by Gap Scents, Jovan White Musk, Laundromat by Demeter and Glow by J-Lo. You may laugh at some of these selections from my 20's but with my body chemistry, I ALWAYS got compliments!!! I just want to try something new!

I am looking for top/mid/base notes that could possibly include: Ambergris, White Musk, Musk, Lavender, Sandalwood, White Flower, Peach Blossom, Orange Blossom, Violet, Vanilla, White Jasmine, Cotton Blossom, Coconut, Pachouli

HELP! =)
    Kiehl's Original Musk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    Lots of people here rave about Musc Ravageur.
    I didn't think that was considered a "white" musk.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

These are all too big and complex for what you're after imo. I can't stand Musc Ravageur, it smelles like cheap candy.

What you want is The Body Shop White Musk. Simple, extremely warm, luscious yet clean. An early affair of mine... it definitely made me want to kiss her neck. Also it's cheap and readily available.

I love white musk! It's one of my favorite notes to wear in the summer especially. I liked Kiehl's for a while. The Body Shop White Musk, too. I think you might really like Narcisco Rodriguez. I think of it as a grown up white musk, and you can't beat that bottle. Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker is another light clean scent, and you can usually find it pretty readily on the discount sites. I wouldn't call it straight up white musk, but it does the job. I love love love Clair Du Musc, but it's pricey. Still, it's terrific. Let us know what you decide on!

it's way out of price range for most people, and is unfortunately sold only in los angeles, but i cannot stress enough how PERFECTLY this scent fits your description: le labo musc 25. it was recently available worldwide for the month of november only, and there have been some decants and samples floating around the swap boards recently...maybe you could try to snag one that way. my friend wears musc 25 and it has the exact effect on guys that you're describing -- also she just smells good in general, all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Malle's Musc Ravageur has musk, but I don't think it's at ALL what you're looking for (more of a gourmand with dirty musk).

Try Body Shop's white musk, also +1 to Keihl's Original Musk, and +1 to Tom Ford's musk collection like Pure Musc or Jasmine Musk.

Lastly, I'm not 100% sure here, but maybe look into some powery white florals with musk in them like Estee Lauder White Linen, Chanel's like #5 or Beige or #22 (ok neither are cheap).

oh, and if you're near a Barney's, try Byredo's Blanche (aldehydes, rose, musk)
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Post Thanks / Like

Serge Lutens Clair de Musc is a beautiful, delicate, transparent white musk. It is expensive, unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    There is both ambergris and musk in the basenotes of eau Parfumee au The Blanc by Bvlgari - one of my favorite tea scents, with a nice artemesia opening.

That sounds delicious. I am a big fan of Th Rouge by Bvlgari so I'm going to have to try that.
    ~~~~ www.nascio.com.au ~~~~

Post Thanks / Like

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist or Helmut Lang EdP that is maybe slightly demanding but very very cozy and cuddly.

Post Thanks / Like

No help from me here as I do not do most musks, but lemme ask you: How are you going to live without the neck? Just teasing, you know....

Post Thanks / Like

Twolf, I was thinking the same thing.

There are some great recommendations here. I just want to mention Bourbon French Parfums as well. We visited them on our NOLA meetup. I bought their Musk...it is light, clean, slightly vanillic, but not foody. I also bought their fragrance called Anastasia, which is also a clean vanillic/almondy skin-scenty musk. Affordable prices. You can check them out online.

Post Thanks / Like

Did I click on a dead link that was a portal to fragrantica? LOL Just kidding because this is a typical fragrantica thread.

For white musks as you describe I'd suggest the Tom Ford White Suede or Kiehl's Musk.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    but lemme ask you: How are you going to live without the neck? Just teasing, you know....
    LOL
    Traum vernichtung

for swap/sale:

Chanel's Eau Premiere deserves a try. A fresh and modern rendition of Chanel No.5 with a nice lemon on top and some serious white musks on the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Body shop White Musk (inexpensive) or Serge Lutens Clair de Musc (expensive - might be on fragrance discounters Fragrancenet.com or parfum1.com). Mono di Orio D'or Musc is good too. Also on expensive side. Narciso rodriguez essence eau de musc is good and fairly reasonably priced.

All the best - let us know where you land!

One more suggestion, Tokyo Milk Let Them Eat Cake, a creamy, vanilla and white musk combo. It's not expensive. It's easy to find and lasts forever on my skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Try this Soleil de Capri. it's one of my favorite unisex scents. Very fresh scent & uplifting.
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti..._De_Capri.html

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

-1 to Body Shop's White Musk -it feels harsh, gives me awful headaches. Try Opal by Sonoma Scent Studio, if you can find some.