Code of Conduct

Default Comprehensive Dior Poison concentrations and variations thread

I've rediscovered Poison classic, and now I have the EDT and a .25 oz Esprit de Parfum - whatever that is. It was enough of a steal that I wasn't too worried about its provenance. It is definitely Poison, other than that, I am not sure of the vintage or strength. Reading here, I see there is confusion about whether the Esprit de Parfum is an extrait. I can give my opinion after a full wearing but I don't have a lot of experience with extraits.

I have put Midnight and Hypnotic on my wish list for full bottles. I'm also confused confused about the elixirs. What the heck are they? I've checked around and seen contradictory information, is it a different scent with similar notes (like the difference between a Chanel or Guerlain EDP/EDT) or is it a different concentration of the same fragrance?

I am interested in the opinions of people who own or have worn various concentrations for comparison, also the opinion of anyone who owns both the elixir or EDP/EDT of the same fragrance.

Default Re: Comprehensive Dior Poison concentrations and variations thread

I would like to bump this thread as it has no responses.

These are my impressions:

Poison cologne (vintage): powerful tuberose with great longevity and sillage

Midnight Poison: EDP gourmand with citrus top notes and floral centre, with vanilla base. No great sillage nor longevity.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Comprehensive Dior Poison concentrations and variations thread

Vintage Poison edc was more the strength of an EdP. Vintage EDT was definitely EdP strength. Esprit de Parfum is supposed to be EdP version but wears more like an extrait but my 30ml bottle is a dabber and will probably last long enough to be worn by my great grand children!

I can't comment on the eluxirs