Code of Conduct
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Cool Guerlain NEW release in Spring 2012 - L'Homme L'Eau Boisée (Vetiver-based Chypre)

According to this article at Fragrantica.
    http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Guer...2012-2782.html

L'Homme L'Eau Boisée sounds promising. Especially, if it is really a vetiver-based chypre.

If Guerlain can use Vetiver instead of Oakmoss to make a Chypre, it will be a good news to fragrance community.

Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée is a new and unexpected spin on the popular masculine Guerlain L'Homme. The new edition is taking the direction of a woody chypre, but the effect is illusory: the backbone of the fragrance is vetiver, the exotic grass from Southeastern Asia which gives its refreshing quality to many classy masculine colognes, none the least than Guerlain's own classic Vetiver.

In Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée the vetiver is well-behaved, creating the tonality of a noble chypre fragrance with an underscoring of subtle smokiness. The tempered effect will make this new addition to the Guerlain stable a launch to be considered by the ladies for personal wearing as well.
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 28th December 2011 at 04:17 AM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Default Re: Guerlain NEW release in Spring 2012 - L'Homme L'Eau Boisée (Woody Chypre)

Interesting news, thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guerlain NEW release in Spring 2012 - L'Homme L'Eau Boisée (Woody Chypre)

*Meg Ryan fake orgasm noises*

Yes! I want it! I liked Homme L'Eau, but it was a bit one-dimensional for me. I loved Kenzo's recent "woody" flanker, and I hope this is just as interesting. Vetiver twisted into a chypre also sounds fascinating - if not novel. I will definitely seek this out.

Thanks for the heads-up, W_S.

Looking forward to this one.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

want

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Sur la Plage

Ugh
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    ugh
    LOL

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LOL
    I can see 2012 is shaping up to be quite a "banner" year.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I can see 2012 is shaping up to be quite a "banner" year.....
    LOL. Yup.... Flanker Sport, Flanker Woody, Flanker Intense....

"Yes, folks - here it comes - this year's greatest driving experience ever! Presenting.... Pushing the envelope.... For your driving pleasure....

Toyota Corolla 2012! And.... O. M. G. It's BLACK!!!!"

Sometimes I just wish somebody would throw us an Edsel - if only to liven things up a bit.

That said, I thank the stars that I've learned to take great pleasure in even small improvements in fragrance. Whether that's actually delusional or not, I'm not about to ask. The big breaks seem so few and far between, I just tell myself - whatever keeps me loving the stuff.

Ohh how bold and innovating of Guerlain!

for swap/sale:

Default Re: Guerlain NEW release in Spring 2012 - L'Homme L'Eau Boisée (Woody Chypre--from Vetiver)

I will definitely give this a try.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guerlain NEW release in Spring 2012 - L'Homme L'Eau Boisée (Woody Chypre--from Vetiver)

Apart from the fact that any added wood is good wood as far as I'm concerned (the minor improvement I'm hoping for), I hold out some small hope for more. Specifically, that what we're reading here isn't just making a mountain out of a molehill - about what is, essentially, a "vetiver-based chypre". Really? If the chypre effect is actually being gotten with vetiver instead of oakmoss, then - damn - that's actually rather interesting.

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme is said to be a woody chypre, and I agree that it has a distinct chypre note, but I thought that was synthetic oakmoss. I personally love that note, brief as it sometimes seems in that one. Is there something similar here? Well, if there is, it's fine with me.

I'm willing to give this a chance. The fact that they're actually saying the ladies might like it - well, given that it's not a fruity floral - there might be enough retro chypre spin on this thing to make it worthy.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Apart from the fact that any added wood is good wood as far as I'm concerned (the minor improvement I'm hoping for), I hold out some small hope for more. Specifically, that what we're reading here isn't just making a mountain out of a molehill - about what is, essentially, a "vetiver-based chypre". Really? If the chypre effect is actually being gotten with vetiver instead of oakmoss, then - damn - that's actually rather interesting.
    That is the reason why I am looking forward to try this flaker.

Vetiver and Oakmoss smell really different from each other so it is quit interesting to see to result.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Default Re: Guerlain NEW release in Spring 2012 - L'Homme L'Eau Boisée (Vetiver-based Chypre)

Very curious to smell how this turns out. Wonder how widely available it will be.