Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool New to Basenotes

I need help. Each night I try to find a new spot to put yet another bottle. I'm seriously I'll so I know I'll never get through them all! I even buy bottles for other family members. Is it loneliness? Stress? Help please.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New to Basenotes

If you're happy then thats all that matters.
    Perhaps its your way of relieving your nerves after a long day or maybe its the collector in your unleashing itself.

I personally love each and every perfume in my 100 or so collection. Each purchase was deliberate albeit a couple of impulse buys.

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

Buy some drawers to store them. Remember to keep them in the dark to preserve the content for as long as possible.

cacio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    If you're happy then thats all that matters.
    Perhaps its your way of relieving your nerves after a long day or maybe its the collector in your unleashing itself.

I personally love each and every perfume in my 100 or so collection.
    took the words right out of me.

Post Thanks / Like

Being on Basenotes actually, in the long run, perfects one's fragrance hobby, there are reviews, shopping recommendations, member discounts, further fragrance swaps, fragrance suggestions catered to certain budgets etc so not only that it optimizes costs, but it enriches knowledge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarloves View Post
    I need help. Each night I try to find a new spot to put yet another bottle. I'm seriously I'll so I know I'll never get through them all! I even buy bottles for other family members. Is it loneliness? Stress? Help please.
    You love fragrance! Other people do like they're "supposed" to do - they find one or two fragrances, and limit themselves. But if you really love fragrance, you know it's never enough. You always want to smell the next thing. You want to know more. You want to follow your nose wherever it takes you.

Take the red pill and join us!

Seriously - you probably shouldn't buy a bottle every night. But if you hang out here, you'll figure out how to control this thing and turn it to your advantage. You'll find out how to smell more and spend less. That's what the clinic is for!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to BN.net.

Compulsive buying of anything is not good, or healthy, especially if it starts to cause you financial hardship. Try to set a goal of decreasing your buying to some predetermined number per month, and then gradually lower that down from month to month. Even better, maybe switch your buying behavior from "bottles" of cologne to simply "samples" of cologne. Here's a great place for that. http://theperfumedcourt.com/Categori...ple-Packs.aspx

You can certainly spend too much on samples, too, but they at least wouldn't have quite the deleterious effect on your pocketbook.