Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Out of the 5 most reviewed men's fragrances on BN, which do you like best?

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • A*Men

31 12.65%
  • Terre D'Hermes

79 32.24%
  • Green Irish Tweed

76 31.02%
  • Kouros

31 12.65%
  • Vetiver by Guerlain

28 11.43%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Out of the 5 most reviewed men's fragrances on BN, which do you like best?

My choice would be A*Men.

Default Re: Out of the 5 most reviewed men's fragrances on BN, which do you like best?

Um, let's see, out of the 5 most reviewed: Vetiver, GIT and TDH

Default Re: Out of the 5 most reviewed men's fragrances on BN, which do you like best?

Kouros

Git is my choice.

with much due respect to the other 4 ... A*Men

Kouros

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

voted for GIT

Guerlain Vetiver

Basenotes Plus

GIT for me, none of the others come close, but then we are all different ages with vastly different tastes so I can't really understand the point of the question, sorry.

Another one for GIT.

A*Men for me. I prefer Chez Bond & Cool Water over GIT, but I do love that fresh fougere genre too.

Green Irish Tweed and Terre D'Hermes.

Td'H

Can't decide. I adore A*men, GIT and Vetiver by Guerlain. Don't care for Terre d'Hermes and Kouros

I voted for Kouros, but I probably wear TdH and GIT more. I'm not a fan of the other two.

I voted for TdH. I like GIT, A*Men, and Kouros just a tiny bit less. Not a fan of Guerlain Vetiver at all. Of course they're all very different from each other, so it's hard to compare them.

Git

Voted for A*Men due to uniqueness, impossibly long longevity, sillage that can knock objects off of nearby tables, and the incredible drydown. Was thinking of voting for GIT, but it's overrated and my Aspen smells 75% as good for 5% of the price.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

A compromise will always be just that. Never compromise.

Green Irish Tweed

I voted TdH but GIT is a very close second
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Basenotes Plus

I voted GIT even after giving up on Creed. Truly a great scent if you get a good batch.

VdG is my fave but the wifey won't let me in bed smelling of it!
    Nasomatto Black Afgano is my fave frag right now

Td'H is my choice. I haven't had the chance to smell GIT yet.

GIT hands down.

Kouros by a country mile.

Vetiver.

I hope I'm not being contrary, but I'm going to disagree with one of the posters above and say it's an interesting question. To me, it's about the difference between the most popular fragrances and the most reviewed ones. I suspect that the polarizing frags like Kouros get more reviews, just because they are so bold - and easier to write about.

Great idea for a poll!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rock View Post
    I voted GIT even after giving up on Creed. Truly a great scent.
    I share the same sentiment.

for swap/sale:

TdH

Vetiver.

And only Vetiver.

Such a tough choice between Vetiver and Kouros.

Dependent

TdH and GIT seems to have a close fight. Voted for TdH though
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Kouros. GIT is wearable but leaves me feeling apathetic; A*men gets my respect but I can't stand it. Terre and Vetiver are pleasant light citrus-y things I'd happily wear in the heat, but fail to move me.

Tdh.

Git or A*Men, as both are excellent.

I voted for GIT.

Basenotes Plus

A*Men by default because I am not particularly fond of any of them.

Green Irish Tweed

Basenotes Plus

Green Irish Tweed.

Banned

Terre d'Hermes

Terre d'Hermès by far...the rest is not and will not be part of my wardrobe!

A*Men
    Green Irish Tweed
    Kouros
    Td'H
    Guerlain Vetiver

Of these 5, Guerlain's Vetiver as the most wearable and versatile, with Kouros pipped as I find I don't wear it as regularly.

I would have said Kouros as I have not tried all the others but I am realising that Kouros is not the same fragrance it was in the 80's.
    Something is missing....

Dependent

From that list, I would say GIT. But I'm not too fond of any anymore.

Kouros, followed closely by Td'H.

I've currently got
    Two full 125mm bottles of GIT,
    a 100 and 50ml bottle of Kourous,
    a 100ml bottle of Vintage Guerlain EDT, a 100ml Bottle of Vintage Guerlain EDC, a 75ml bottle of the newer Guerlain,
    two 50ml bottles of A*men, and
    no bottle of Terre D'Hermes (it doesn't last on me).

I'd pick GIT as I actually used up a 125mm bottle of it.
    Guerlain vetiver is the one I've used most of after GIT.
    Renato

I'm still scratching my head over the fact that these are the most reviewed, never mind popularity, polarity, what have you. These? Gah.

A*Men
    GIT
    Td'H.

There are many GITish fragrances out there
    Only one Kouros.
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I voted for Terre D'Hermes. GIT comes close secend.

I do not like original A*Men. But I have not smelled Kouros or Vintage Vetiver yet.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Kouros for sure, then Vetiver.

Sur la Plage

I own and like all of them. But Kouros is King.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sophie's Choice, you say? I own and love them all except A*Men, and even that is slowly growing on me, respeck. But Imma have to go with Kouros. It's just so damn awesome.

Sound Scents

I voted Terre d'Hermes. My runner-up would be GIT.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

Green Irish Tweed

are theses really the 5 most reviewed?

A*men

...i guess

can't go wrong with green irish tweed, a safe choice

Kouros by a mile but they're all good fragrances.

I went with GIT.....I also Love TDH and A*men!!! This was a tough poll question for me!!!
    Gary