Code of Conduct

Default I just sampled Musc Ravageur and L'instant De Guerlain Extreme

I've heard great promise from both of these fragrances . Which is your favorite?

Default Re: I just sampled Musc Ravageur and L'instant De Guerlain Extreme

Love and have them both. Tough one for me, but I'll pick Musc Ravageur.

L'instant is better only because it is more wearable. However Musc Ravageur is quite amazing. It's just not as versatile.
    ~D.G.~

Banned

Musc Ravageur

Musc Ravageur by an HUGE margin.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I think MR is in a totally different league, but the L'Instant is probably more versatile. If you prefer one scent for everything, get the Guerlain, if you want something that's just perfect for certain moments, then it's the MR.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

L'instant extreme sample just came in and i like it so far,its all coco right now.

Basenotes Junkie

how serious is the clove notes in musc ravageur? i can easily tolerate AMENs tar but hate versace dreamers opening

Basenotes Plus

The cloves aren't so brutal in musc ravageur. It is the animalic base that one needs to get one's nose around.

I love Musc Ravageur. L'instant de Guerlain Extreme is good, but not near as good as MR in my opinion.

Ahh MR and L'Instant Extreme, two fragrances I had such high hopes for and both failed as simplistic oily fragrances. If I was forced to choose,I'd say the Guerlain, but I can't tolerate either, the cocoa in the Guerlain is unpleasant, it isn't bitter rich or sweet but neutral, MR is oily, with not enough spices, depth, or richness, it's muted, and certainly not animalic.... uhoh, sorry guys!

Basenotes Junkie

I've sampled both from a friend, and I strongly feel that the cocoa-note in the L'Instant Extreme can be a dealbreaker for some. That, and the somewhat hard citrusy top-note. I actually sampled the L'Instant Extreme EDP again today, and my girlfriend hated it for about two hours, and then came around to really liking it.

MR on the other hand is strict, handsome and very grown up (in my book, at least). I somehow connect it with an older wearer, not something you'd use at the age of 20 (I'm 29 and don't really feel like I have the age to properly pull it off).

They're both really great, though. Not too similar to exclude one when buying the other as well, to be honest. I'm getting the L'Instant Extreme first myself.

I like L'instant extreme,the drydown is a sweet coco to my nose. It pretty much was just that threw out. I'm going to keep testing and keep you updated if anything new comes up. But i cant wait until MR comes in the mail .

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmarionneaux View Post
    I like L'instant extreme,the drydown is a sweet coco to my nose. It pretty much was just that threw out. I'm going to keep testing and keep you updated if anything new comes up. But i cant wait until MR comes in the mail .
    Ok everyone,musc ravageur came in the mail a few days ago and i have to say im quite impressed. It starts off sweet with vanilla and pretty much last's like that for in hour then starts getting softer with a little hint of musk. Then after 4 hours it drys down into a nice vanilla/cinnamon,musk. I love it and will give a review on both of these greats. And happened to like MR over L'instant Extreme. L'E is great i like it but i just think MR is on another level. Thanks everyone .