Code of Conduct

Default I have enough money left over from Christmas for one bottle of cologne, which should it be?

$50 more or less. I'm in high school, anything but fresh. Go (please).

Default Re: I have enough money left over from Christmas for one bottle of cologne, which should it be?

Chanel EgoÔste!
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Default Re: I have enough money left over from Christmas for one bottle of cologne, which should it be?

how would you describe Egoiste?

Quote Originally Posted by Dags View Post
    how would you describe Egoiste?
    You can check the reviews in the database here. Anyway, for that price you can check Dsquared's He Wood Silver Wind Wood, which is a nice solid offering for a designer fragrance.

Oooh, I am not the best at describing scents, but I guess I would describe it as a woody oriental, with a really tasty/juicy mandarin(not really a fresh note to me) in the opening, with a really pleasing woody co-star(I guess this is the rosewood), followed by a light rose, and it dries down to this amazing sandalwood and vanilla The pyramid lists coriander and I guess that is the tart and slightly spicy hint I get together with the mandarin, to get a more citric feeling(toned down though) from the usually sweet mandarin.

It is an amazing and unique scent, and I absolutely love it, and have to keep myself from wearing it all the time!

But other people are much better at describing it than me, and I would recommend that you read the reviews http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120554.html
    - Mark

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Versace The Dreamer

You can't get Egoiste for $50.00, but you can buy a bottle of Yatagan for $28.70. A steal with a couple bucks left over.

http://www.amazon.com/Yatagan-Caron-.../dp/B000C1VTRK

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    You can't get Egoiste for $50.00, but you can buy a bottle of Yatagan for $28.70. A steal with a couple bucks left over.

http://www.amazon.com/Yatagan-Caron-.../dp/B000C1VTRK
    Aaaaw, he said more or less, perhaps a 1.7oz at a discounter? But you pulled the Caron-card. The quality/price ratio with them, is really hard to beat.
    - Mark

Egoiste
    (not the Platinum version with silver cap) -- 50 ml for ~$50

Encore Noire of course .

for swap/sale:

Carbone de Balmain

burberry london....

Banned

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Nautica Voyage

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Versace The Dreamer
    Absolutely agree with this. It's $35 on Amazon though.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Good suggestions already. I'm going to add Estee Lauder Azuree (citrus leather), I think about $40 regular price at Macys, or Breath of God by Lush (it also comes in stick format for about $15).

cacio

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Encre Noire of course .
    +1 on this one. A superb smokey dry vetiver scent that if you enjoyed Terre d'Hermes will very likely appeal to you.

Other options are some 70s/80s throwback scents like Polo (original green), Giorgio for Men (1-1 1/2 sprays only on this one as it is a major powerhouse), or even Azzaro pour Homme. These are definitely not the kinds of scents your high school buddies are wearing anymore as a general rule, but they are all superb classics that have held up quite well, IMO.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frťdťric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driý) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

I'll second both Yatagan (if you want something classic but at the same time unique) and Breath Of God (if you're up for some modernity).

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Lolita lempicka

Dependent

Marc Jacobs

Allure Homme Sport