Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Agonist Arctic Jade, Vanilla Marble, Onyx Pearl and Black Amber

From nstperfume.com:

Swedish niche line Agonist Parfums has launched four new fragrances in art-glass bottles: Arctic Jade, Vanilla Marble, Onyx Pearl and Black Amber.

Arctic Jade (shown) ~ “Inspired by the frozen arctic icescapes this edition capsulates a fresh jewel of Parfum made of 100% natural ingredients.” With notes of orange, freesia, bilberry, jasmine, white cedar, ylang ylang, framboise, sandalwood, ambrette, vanilla and patchouli.

Vanilla Marble ~ “A creamy addictive deep Vanilla. This 100% natural fragrance awakens your deepest joyful childhood memories and takes you on a sensous [sic] journey through time.” With vanilla, almond, tiare, orchid, white fig, amber, patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla, benzoin and tonka bean.

Onyx Pearl ~ “Inspired by the intriguing visual imagery of Guy Bourdain this flacon holds a suggestive and vibrant composition of 100% natural fragrance using the finest raw material.” Featuring lavender, cardamom, lemon, green tea, myrrh, violet and tonka bean.

Black Amber ~ “This fragrance takes you on a journey into the deep ambery core of the forest. With a unique composition of 100% natural ingredients this fragrance expresses the enchanting essence of wood and amber.” The notes include incense, pruno, red algae, davana, labdanum, vetiver, tobacco blossom, Atlas cedar, cyprio, patchouli, black amber, vanilla, styrax and sandalwood.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Agonist Arctic Jade, Vanilla Marble, Onyx Pearl and Black Amber

Thanks for posting this Joe. I tested Arctic Jade at Fragranze 2011 but it didn't impress me. It striked me as sort of aseptic type of smell...but I will surely revisit it...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: New Fragrances: Agonist Arctic Jade, Vanilla Marble, Onyx Pearl and Black Amber

Will give these a pass.

As a major glass nerd, I find myself more interested in the glassware these are packaged in than the scents themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Will give these a pass.
    +1 - When Agonist failed to get my attention with "The Infidels" and "Liquid Crystals", I have no interest. How about Luckyscent discounting a bottle of "The Infidels" by $170.00 just to unload it.
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti..._Infidels.html

I do have to give Agonist credit, where credit is do. All of their bottles will win ugliest bottles of the century awards. If I ever design my own perfume, I know who not to hire to design my bottle.

Basenotes Institution

The horrible bottles continue...here's the 'lopsided' one for Vanilla Marble:

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I have tried Black Amber. It does seem quite heavy to me. Test it first, definitely not a blind buy. As an amber hound a pass for me.
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Extremely disapponting line IMO. Some highs and lows but overall forgettable stuff.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Extremely disapponting line IMO. Some highs and lows but overall forgettable stuff.
    Was hoping for good reviews on Black Amber, but have not heard any positives on it. If you think they are forgettable, sort of cements the notion of not even bothering to test.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Was hoping for good reviews on Black Amber, but have not heard any positives on it. If you think they are forgettable, sort of cements the notion of not even bothering to test.
    If I'd have to pick up two to give them another chance, they would be Black Amber and The Infidels. Let your nose be the judge.