Code of Conduct

Default terre d'hermes for a teen?

do you think terre d'hermes is suitable for a teen to daily wear to school?
    or should i sell it and get chanel allure homme sport instead?

Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

I would keep Terre d'Hermes. Light, citrusy but not too bright, perfectly suitable for daily wear in crowded environments. More so than the sharper and more aggressive sport stuff.

cacio

Keep the TDH; it's fine for cooler weather school wear.
    Buy the Allure Sport in the spring to use as your warm weather frag

Another for keeping the TdH.

Id also keep TDH

Get rid of it. It's not a very good scent and it's definitely not appealing to most teen girls, whereas Chanel's AHS (or better yet, Versace PH) is.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    ... it's definitely not appealing to most teen girls, whereas Chanel's AHS is.
    +1 ...

Get rid of it. It's not a very good scent and it's definitely not appealing to most teen girls, whereas Chanel's AHS (or better yet, Versace PH) is.
    thats what i thought.. guess i'll try to sell it

whereas Chanel's AHS (or better yet, Versace PH) is.
    I'll add Armani code sport to the list
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

How about rubbing cotton candy all over your body? Would that be even better? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    How about rubbing cotton candy all over your body? Would that be even better? LOL.
    Hmm, it might be . Try it and report back to us Bigsly!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
    thats what i thought.. guess i'll try to sell it
    I shouldn't say it's a "bad scent" as many here love it. I too own it but find that I really dislike the scent as it is too sharp and there is too much of a particular chemical (iso e super - you'll learn more about this if you stick around these forums!) that is very grating and synthetic to my nose. It smells like a splintery piece of wood being shoved in my nose. While the scent is somewhat unique (although it's really just a citrus/vetiver/wood, how unique is it really? Its uniqueness is overhyped and overblown here, too, I feel), I feel the scent is generally over-hyped here and under-delivers on nearly all accounts. There are better scents that are just as versatile as Terre d'Hermes and don't bombard you with iso e super and that annoying metallic woody amber note that also dominates the dry down.

Ultimately, I think it's a mediocre scent that, like the ongoing and nigh inexplicable fame of the Kardashians, is fueled basically by its own fame (at least here on BN).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I shouldn't say it's a "bad scent" as many here love it. I too own it but find that I really dislike the scent as it is too sharp and there is too much of a particular chemical (iso e super - you'll learn more about this if you stick around these forums!) that is very grating and synthetic to my nose. It smells like a splintery piece of wood being shoved in my nose. While the scent is somewhat unique (although it's really just a citrus/vetiver/wood, how unique is it really? Its uniqueness is overhyped and overblown here, too, I feel), I feel the scent is generally over-hyped here and under-delivers on nearly all accounts. There are better scents that are just as versatile as Terre d'Hermes and don't bombard you with iso e super and that annoying metallic woody amber note that also dominates the dry down.

Ultimately, I think it's a mediocre scent that, like the ongoing and nigh inexplicable fame of the Kardashians, is fueled basically by its own fame (at least here on BN).

I did'nt really like it either.

now i can't decide between Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Yves Saint Lauren L'homme...

Dependent

I feel like you want to hear the response of selling it because you've already made up your mind; with that being said, I would keep it, but if it's the compliments you're seeking then sell it. For self satisfaction, and possibly greater self confidence, go with what one YOU think smells best.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    +1 ...
    +2 AHS or even Bleu de Chanel would be suited for a person (girls) your age. TDH is great though.

Banned

Chanel - Allure Homme Sport ... I dare say it is one of best, overall, summer fragrances ... a fantastic journey from its sharp, orange, citrus opening, through its imaginative, peppery, neroli and cedar heart, thence morphing into its exquisite, creamy and sexy, white musk and vetiver base ...

T dH is a great fragrance - however, (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) - I don't think it's for teenagers. Keep the TdH for special occasions. Go buy some Calvin Klein instead.

Nothing wrong with keeping TDH

Sound Scents

Absolutely stay with the Terre d'Hermes.

Edit: I now have read you didn't like it... If that is the case it just may not be for you. I love the stuff, but just like SoS (and yourself), it is not going to appeal to Everyone... That said, I personally would advise skipping most scents with "Sport" in their title...
    Last edited by drseid; 30th December 2011 at 09:25 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Keep it for yourself and get yourself something more age group appropriate if you're looking for compliments. CAHS is a good shout.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Chanel - Allure Homme Sport ... I dare say it is one of best, overall, summer fragrances ... a fantastic journey from its sharp, orange, citrus opening, through its imaginative, peppery, neroli and cedar heart, thence morphing into its exquisite, creamy and sexy, white musk and vetiver base ...
    100%

Sur la Plage

Sure - why not?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
    do you think terre d'hermes is suitable for a teen to daily wear to school?
    or should i sell it and get chanel allure homme sport instead?
    Well, you're "thelizardking", you can do anything!

I have to agree with the others that teenage girls might not be so crazy about Terre d'Hermes. I find it a great fragrance though. If you like it on yourself and want to distinguish yourself then you should just keep it and wear it. And you might just attract a girl with great taste in fragrances.

Weirdly, in my high school days, my most complimented frags were probably Mugler's Angel Men and Ralph Lauren Romance Silver. Both smelled somewhat edible (okay, Angel Men smells COMPLETELY edible), and maybe that's just what high school girls like in a fragrance

Personally, I didn't really like it. I also don't think it would go over with the girls at school nearly as good as Chanel AHS.