Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    Default terre d'hermes for a teen?

    do you think terre d'hermes is suitable for a teen to daily wear to school?
    or should i sell it and get chanel allure homme sport instead?

  2. #2

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    I would keep Terre d'Hermes. Light, citrusy but not too bright, perfectly suitable for daily wear in crowded environments. More so than the sharper and more aggressive sport stuff.

    cacio

  3. #3

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Keep the TDH; it's fine for cooler weather school wear.
    Buy the Allure Sport in the spring to use as your warm weather frag

  4. #4
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    78,520

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Another for keeping the TdH.

  5. #5

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Id also keep TDH

  6. #6

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Get rid of it. It's not a very good scent and it's definitely not appealing to most teen girls, whereas Chanel's AHS (or better yet, Versace PH) is.
    ***For sale:

    Iris Pallida 50ml

    Ungaro I 75ml

    and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,676

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    ... it's definitely not appealing to most teen girls, whereas Chanel's AHS is.
    +1 ...

  8. #8

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Get rid of it. It's not a very good scent and it's definitely not appealing to most teen girls, whereas Chanel's AHS (or better yet, Versace PH) is.
    thats what i thought.. guess i'll try to sell it

  9. #9

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    whereas Chanel's AHS (or better yet, Versace PH) is.
    I'll add Armani code sport to the list
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  10. #10

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Get rid of it. It's not a very good scent and it's definitely not appealing to most teen girls, whereas Chanel's AHS (or better yet, Versace PH) is.
    How about rubbing cotton candy all over your body? Would that be even better? LOL.

  11. #11

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    How about rubbing cotton candy all over your body? Would that be even better? LOL.
    Hmm, it might be . Try it and report back to us Bigsly!
    ***For sale:

    Iris Pallida 50ml

    Ungaro I 75ml

    and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

  12. #12

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
    thats what i thought.. guess i'll try to sell it
    I shouldn't say it's a "bad scent" as many here love it. I too own it but find that I really dislike the scent as it is too sharp and there is too much of a particular chemical (iso e super - you'll learn more about this if you stick around these forums!) that is very grating and synthetic to my nose. It smells like a splintery piece of wood being shoved in my nose. While the scent is somewhat unique (although it's really just a citrus/vetiver/wood, how unique is it really? Its uniqueness is overhyped and overblown here, too, I feel), I feel the scent is generally over-hyped here and under-delivers on nearly all accounts. There are better scents that are just as versatile as Terre d'Hermes and don't bombard you with iso e super and that annoying metallic woody amber note that also dominates the dry down.

    Ultimately, I think it's a mediocre scent that, like the ongoing and nigh inexplicable fame of the Kardashians, is fueled basically by its own fame (at least here on BN).
    ***For sale:

    Iris Pallida 50ml

    Ungaro I 75ml

    and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

  13. #13

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I shouldn't say it's a "bad scent" as many here love it. I too own it but find that I really dislike the scent as it is too sharp and there is too much of a particular chemical (iso e super - you'll learn more about this if you stick around these forums!) that is very grating and synthetic to my nose. It smells like a splintery piece of wood being shoved in my nose. While the scent is somewhat unique (although it's really just a citrus/vetiver/wood, how unique is it really? Its uniqueness is overhyped and overblown here, too, I feel), I feel the scent is generally over-hyped here and under-delivers on nearly all accounts. There are better scents that are just as versatile as Terre d'Hermes and don't bombard you with iso e super and that annoying metallic woody amber note that also dominates the dry down.

    Ultimately, I think it's a mediocre scent that, like the ongoing and nigh inexplicable fame of the Kardashians, is fueled basically by its own fame (at least here on BN).

    I did'nt really like it either.

    now i can't decide between Chanel Allure Homme Sport and Yves Saint Lauren L'homme...

  14. #14
    Dependent
    chrisbar1104's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    1,251

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    I feel like you want to hear the response of selling it because you've already made up your mind; with that being said, I would keep it, but if it's the compliments you're seeking then sell it. For self satisfaction, and possibly greater self confidence, go with what one YOU think smells best.

  15. #15

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    +1 ...
    +2 AHS or even Bleu de Chanel would be suited for a person (girls) your age. TDH is great though.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,676

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Chanel - Allure Homme Sport ... I dare say it is one of best, overall, summer fragrances ... a fantastic journey from its sharp, orange, citrus opening, through its imaginative, peppery, neroli and cedar heart, thence morphing into its exquisite, creamy and sexy, white musk and vetiver base ...

  17. #17

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    T dH is a great fragrance - however, (and I can't believe I'm about to say this) - I don't think it's for teenagers. Keep the TdH for special occasions. Go buy some Calvin Klein instead.

  18. #18

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Nothing wrong with keeping TDH

  19. #19
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,318

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Absolutely stay with the Terre d'Hermes.

    Edit: I now have read you didn't like it... If that is the case it just may not be for you. I love the stuff, but just like SoS (and yourself), it is not going to appeal to Everyone... That said, I personally would advise skipping most scents with "Sport" in their title...
    Last edited by drseid; 30th December 2011 at 09:25 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

  20. #20

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Keep it for yourself and get yourself something more age group appropriate if you're looking for compliments. CAHS is a good shout.

  21. #21
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    794

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    Chanel - Allure Homme Sport ... I dare say it is one of best, overall, summer fragrances ... a fantastic journey from its sharp, orange, citrus opening, through its imaginative, peppery, neroli and cedar heart, thence morphing into its exquisite, creamy and sexy, white musk and vetiver base ...
    100%

  22. #22
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Sure - why not?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  23. #23

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
    do you think terre d'hermes is suitable for a teen to daily wear to school?
    or should i sell it and get chanel allure homme sport instead?
    Well, you're "thelizardking", you can do anything!

    I have to agree with the others that teenage girls might not be so crazy about Terre d'Hermes. I find it a great fragrance though. If you like it on yourself and want to distinguish yourself then you should just keep it and wear it. And you might just attract a girl with great taste in fragrances.

  24. #24
    Basenotes Member oolafsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Weirdly, in my high school days, my most complimented frags were probably Mugler's Angel Men and Ralph Lauren Romance Silver. Both smelled somewhat edible (okay, Angel Men smells COMPLETELY edible), and maybe that's just what high school girls like in a fragrance

  25. #25

    Default Re: terre d'hermes for a teen?

    Personally, I didn't really like it. I also don't think it would go over with the girls at school nearly as good as Chanel AHS.

Similar Threads

  1. Terre d'Hermès vs Terre d'Hermès Parfum
    By Desmond Hume in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 20th November 2012, 12:14 AM
  2. Youtube Review Thread #54 : Terre D'Hermes by Hermes (Feb. 27th)
    By Robes08 in forum Member blogs and websites
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10th December 2011, 07:07 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11th November 2011, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •