Code of Conduct

Default Vanilla fragrance, similar to L'Occitane's?

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm looking for a vanilla perfume. L'Occitane Eau des Vanilliers used to be my perfume (you know, the fragrance you always use and people know it's you), but sadly it's not available anymore. After that I bought Kenzo Amour Indian Holi and Lolita Lempicka L, but no fragrance so far has charmed me as L'Occitane Eau des Vanilliers. I don't like floral fragrances, I'm a big fan of sweet scents, such as vanilla, coconut and so on. Any recommendations?

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vanilla fragrance, similar to L'Occitane's?

Welcome to basenotes Jessy!

Molinard has a Vanilla scents of top quality and low price... check it out.
    For a coconut vanilla- Sarah Jessica Parker's flanker NYC Pure Crush might suit

try a search with the notes you like, too.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no I sooo feel ur pain! I happen to be in mourning over L'Occitane's Vanilla (precursor to Eau des Vanilliers in the late 90's early 2000's or so). I still have about 1/2 bottle left and nurse it all the time. I also have a small bottle of eau vanilliers that I treasure. I've been on a vanilla hg quest and just finished sampling over 20 scents. I have more to go though. Most are from high-end niche and none have the same quality as my beloved Vanilla for some reason.

Although I have stumbled across a few that are quite unique and complex and have them on my short list now.

My newb nose detects some floral notes in Vanilliers? Again I'm comparing it to Vanilla which does not seems to have as pronounced floral aspect. The closest scents I recently tried in the Vanilliers realm are, I Profumi Vaniglia, Montale Vanilla Absolue, Jalaine Vanilla, L'artisan Absolument & possibly Il Profumo Vanilla Bourbon as a last choice.
    Looking For - Guerlain Spiritueuese Double Vanille (full bottle, partial bottle, decant, anything), Profumum Roma Vanitas & Dulcis in Fundo, Farmacia SS Annunziata Cara

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Vanillary by Lush/Gorilla perfumes is a delicious vanilla with tonka & burnt sugar; IMO better quality than many of the expensive niche vanillas.

Also check out La Maison de la Vanille's line; they have 5-6 different ones. My fave is Vanille Noir du Mexique.

Welcome to basenotes!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Yves Rocher do a bourbon vanilla fragrance, only £9, (about $16?), check out their Noix de Coco scent too at the same price for a beautiful coconut fragrance. I'm currently hoarding 3 bottles of this lasting power is great too!

Post Thanks / Like

With teardrop here -- La Masion de la Vanille is your answer.

Another tasty offer might be Laurence Dumont Les Senteurs Gourmandises line, they have quite a few to choose from.

I think you might also enjoy Comptoire Pacifique line--the ones in the aluminum cans? Wait, I believe it's Comptoire Sud Pacifique, right? Sheesh--I used to wear them all the time and now I forget. You used to be able to purchase them at Sephora. I wonder if they're still there? They make many variations of vanilla. I loved Vanille Abricot and Vanille Banana.

Thank you so much, everyone! Many of these sound new to me, so I might not be able to find them here and just order from ebay without trying them. I did that once before though, so it's not a big deal, and I'm not that picky - I like most sweet (vanilla etc.) perfumes, it's just that I haven't found one that would become ''my scent'' after L'Occitane's Vanillers became unavailable.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am willing to pay more if necessary, but of course cheaper (price-wise!) perfumes are even better. Additionally, I prefer a fragrance that is not too popular/common.

@LisaOlivia, I wish I had still some left! If I knew they'd discontinue it, I would buy lots of bottles, heh.
    Last edited by jessy; 1st January 2012 at 02:52 PM.

So, I decided I'm probably going to order Molinard's Vanille from eBay. Others were either impossible to find or too expensive (with shipping). I would love to try Maison de la Vanille, for example! I'm also thinking about buying Yves Rocher's Vanilla and Coconut, as they're super cheap. I'm not sure though, because I read some reviews on this forum and they were not that positive.
    Last edited by jessy; 5th January 2012 at 03:38 PM.

Red face Re: Vanilla fragrance, similar to L'Occitane's?

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Welcome to basenotes Jessy!

Molinard has a Vanilla scents of top quality and low price... check it out.
    For a coconut vanilla- Sarah Jessica Parker's flanker NYC Pure Crush might suit

try a search with the notes you like, too.
    I looooove the LOccitane Vanilla Shea Butter (have 1 container left) that is "Vanilla Flower". Because of that I purchased the Eue de Vanille perfume which is almost empty. Now, with new financial constraints, I must look for a better price range and did a search for Vanilla Flower (not just vanilla). I have ordered the Madagascar Vanilla perfume from Body Shop. Will let you know how it goes!

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you would enjoy Yves Rocher's Vanille Noire or Atelier Cologne's Vanille Insensée, both wonderful and "true" vanilla scents that are not cloying in the least. Enjoy!

Body Shop's Vanilla EDT is yummy - subtle jasmine/tuberose (yes it exists!) over creme brulee. I think it's about £9 for 30ml, so you can spritz with abandon

Post Thanks / Like

You should try Le Couvent des Minimes Eau des Missions Botanical Cologne of the Missions, if you are mainly wanting a great vanilla scent. I believe the brand is somehow related to L'Occitane, as a matter of fact.

Many people think Le Couvent des Minimes Eau des Missions Botanical Cologne of the Missions smells very similar to Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, which is quite expensive.

Le Couvent des Minimes Eau des Missions Botanical Cologne of the Missions is the opposite of expensive. In fact, it's absurdly cheap. Only $38 for a 3.4 oz bottle, or $49 for the massive 8.40 oz bottle.

http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...F3MV3X3BaZc%3D
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Vetiver 1948, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Chanel Eau de Cologne, Batucada, Balle de Match) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-L-Artisan-PdN

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Vetiver 1948, Selection Verte, Bois de Santal, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Chanel, L'Artisan, Parfums de Nicolai) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Perhaps you might try Absolu de Vanille by La Maison de La Vanille or Coco Vanille by CSP

(4164)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.

Post Thanks / Like

You might like Ambre et Vanille by E. Coudray. It is a very comforting,lush, sweet scent,
    that I personally adore. I can also recommend Molinard's Vanille and Les Nereides
    Douceur de la Vanille.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps Eau de Baux, another vanilla fragrance from the same fragrance house, may be worth testing.