Code of Conduct

Default Anything similar to Tom Ford Azure Lime or Neroli Portofino?

While in NYC, I was able to try a huge array of fragrances i never thought I would be able to smell without buying. Oh god, I was in heaven. While I was there, I took an almost obscene level of obsession over Creed Aventus and Azure Lime. I also smelled Neroli Portofino, and found it partially similar (like half of Azure Lime had been changed, and they named it Neroli). I know there isnt really anything that smells like Aventus, other than maybe Zara 7.34 Sprint (or whatever its called), and I couldn't find that anywhere. So now my question is, is there anything that smells like Azure Lime (Or the Neroli if I must)? I know nothing smells like the real thing, but I cannot justify spending that kind of money right now.

Thanks for all the input.

Default Re: Anything similar to Tom Ford Azure Lime or Neroli Portofino?

I could be wrong as it's based on a very old memory, but I own Azure Lime & it strongly reminded me of a fragrance I'd owned years previously. I think that fragrance was Emporio Armani He, but as I said, I could well be wrong. I haven't checked.

Perhaps Arboretum by Le Prince Jardinier

Not really a fan of Azure Lime, longevity is crap on me. Neroli, on the other hand, is really top quality warm weather juice. Azure you can find others similar to, it's really just a basic lime scent, there's little unique about it. I don't see a whole lot of difference between that and something like Set Sail St. Barts.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I haven't smelled Azure Lime, but Neroli Portofino smells similar to Mugler Cologne. They sell a 10.2 oz splash and spray bottle on their website for just $89!

Quote Originally Posted by thegoon24 View Post
    I haven't smelled Azure Lime, but Neroli Portofino smells similar to Mugler Cologne. They sell a 10.2 oz splash and spray bottle on their website for just $89!
    To me, Neroli does not smell much that similar to Mugler. Mugler is a heavy vetiver/green citrus smell, where Neroli has little to no vetiver, and is heavy on orange.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I tend to agree with fitch256, last I smelled Mugler Clogne, it was a lot heavier. Maybe I'll check it out again. As for Set Sail St Barts... i think i could easily find that around here.

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza, but Neroli Portofino is better

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will be finding any Acqua di Parma around here anytime soon, but I just got back from Marshalls where I picked up St. Barts. Unfortunately I had to get the gift box, and the 15 ml travel vial was shattered, but oh well. It smells good, especially the opening, but unfortunately the lime note doesn't last into the base. Shame, because the lime is what I came for. My mother doesnt like it however, but I will see how others react to it. Its similar to AL and NP, but not quite. Glad I picked it up however.
    Last edited by alexjustdoit; 31st December 2011 at 09:01 PM.

you can return it to marshalls and get some money back if a bottle was shattered. you're not missing much from AL, the lime note in that doesnt last much more than 3 hours or so.
    Splits!

Hmm maybe ill do that, ill go dig it out of the trash now. Not sure if its really worth the return trip though. Maybe sometime if I happen to be going there for something else. I was able to fill up 2 sample vials worth of juice that hadnt leaked out. Its too bad, I would have liked to do that anyway, and use the travel spray as a decant container. Thanks for letting me know.
    Last edited by alexjustdoit; 31st December 2011 at 10:05 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I'll keep repeating what I've said on a few other threads = Neroli Portofino smells a lot like Anbar (Series 4: Cologne) by Comme des Garcons at about 1/3 of the price.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

i think neroli portofino it is extremely similar to neroli portofino
    anyone with me?

I find Neroli Portofino most similar to both Mugler cologne & Gendarme, though I prefer it to both. It smells more natural and somehow more "airy" than Mugler & a tad sweeter & less medicinal than Gendarme. It takes the best of the two and leaves out the worst IMO. It's only hang-up is the price in comparison.