Code of Conduct

Default SotD :Saturday,31 December 2011

Hello!

Enjoy your last day of 2011 ....Welcome the year of 2012

SotD:Aqua Allegoria Tiare Mimosa Guerlain
    SotE:Euphoria CK
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Default Re: SotD :Saturday,31 December 2011

Good Morning and Happy NYE all,

Cuir Mauresque

Quote Originally Posted by GelbeDomino View Post
    Gandhajala, get yourself some Cuir de Russie parfum. You deserve it....
    Gracias, GelbeDomino. Ya lo tengo

Raising my glass and wishing all Basenoters good health, much joy and success in 2012. Cheers, everyone!

Good morning all and Good-bye 2011!

The initial idea was to spend my day in l'Heure Bleue, so I started in vintage EdP this morning, maybe PdT later and see the new year in (old) vintage Extrait... but I am not sure whether my mood strikes differently...

Anyway, maybe buzz through the year in retrospect in your head in a quiet moment, then kill those bottles of champagne and enjoy yourself and don't feel sorry for anything tomorrow!

Cheers to you all!

Good morning everyone and happy last day of 2011! Since I got the Christmas off I have to work, but go off 21.30 at least. Can't really celebrate too much since I'm having the first shift tomorrow. Well, my sister's got the same shifts, so we'll probably do something together after the lateshift.This last day of 2011 I'm wearing Mitsouko. Happy New year all! Hope you have fun!

Good morning, my dear friends. *Dora* summed it all up for us in her yesterday's post -- bless you, dear.

Amouage Epic Women.

Well we are few and far between today!!
    I have decided to wear Roma because it is my
    favourite scent. Have a good New Year's Eve.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Another year with basenoters is a good year indeed. Such a warm community of sweet folks, and you're smart and you're funny and you smell good too!
    Closing out the year in one of it's surprise discoveries: Chanel no. 22
    heading out early with hubby to catch an art exhibit in the city that I am longing to see before it closes for the year.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Hello all. Aromatics Elixir today, the new solid perfume version. Need to compare with the original at some point, but it seems altogether smoother, dare I say less caustic, than the original. The rose appears less strong but still unmistakeably AE. The solid is very cute too (but I draw the line at wearing the thing around my neck)!

Enjoy the last day of 2011, and all the best for 2012

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Tom Ford Black Orchid.

Notes include Bergamot, Citrus, Mandarin, Black Gardenia, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Lotus Wood, Orchid, Spicy Floral Accord, Orchid, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Incense and Vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thumbs up Re: SotD :Saturday,31 December 2011

Today my thoughts will be in Times Square and i will be wearing Patricia de Nicolaï 's

NEW YORK

Parfums de Nicolaï
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Happy New Year's Eve, all! I am grateful and happy for another year with you lovely people.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Today my thoughts will be in Times Square and i will be wearing Patricia de Nicolaï 's

NEW YORK
    - New York City is better for your thoughts, dear Roberto!

Seeing out the year on an ebullient, sparkling note with Hermes Eau des Merveilles.

Wish you all a very good last day of 2011.
    Terry xxxooo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Happy last day of 2011 and happy new year to all of you beautiful and fine-smelling people! I've only been a BNer for a little over a year and already I can't imagine how I ever enjoyed this hobby without this very special group. Blessings to you all!

Hermessence Paprika Brasil for now, no idea what I'll be wearing for the evening's festivities yet.
    Last edited by PerfumedLady; 31st December 2011 at 03:00 PM.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Sadly nothing yet as I have a filthy thumping headache which refuses to move despite fresh air, a bit of light exercise (housework) and codeine. Daren't try any of my samples in case I taint them with the headache connection. Still my team have trounced our local 'big team' rivals 4-1 and Mr Ali and I will be out for an Indian meal this evening with good friends. Long weekend off work too so a headache is of small consequence. SotE probably Eau de Soir assuming headache lifts.

A Happy and Prosperous 2012 to all my new friend on Basenotes xxx

Hello everyone, and Goodbye 2011!

I'm in the vibrant, hot pink roses of Lipstick Rose this morning. Y'all have a fantastic day!

Adding myself to this worldwide BN "Happy New Year" hug!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

As the shadows sweep around the globe one more time,
    I thank you, my favorite people, for what you bring to the party:
    Thoughtfulness, smarts, humor and wisdom.

Best New Year Wishes!

Daughter and husband are off to the State Fair Park track for the Run into the New Year event. He'll come home with a bottle of champagne, she'll head off with her boyfriend's family, and then my Mr. and I will enjoy the solitude of a clean house. I'm in L'Heure Bleue at the moment.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy New Year's Eve to everybody!

I'm glad to see the end of 2011 and looking forward to 2012. Sending out much love to our Basenotes family. ♥

I’m joining Ineespenes in Mitsouko this morning. I used to find this unwearable, except for maybe one or two days out of the year, but something has changed and now I love it. She's a fickle thing.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone! (((RHM and Dora)))

So hard to believe that another year has come and gone (almost). I want to wish all of you a year full of love, health and happiness!!!

SotD is Prada Candy, a gift from my son for Christmas! Includes notes of musk, benzoin and caramel.

Quarry, I hope your husband comes home with exactly this bottle of champagne
    I was in L'Heure Bleue this afternoon and now could not resist to break my own self-declared tradition (to wear the vintage extrait at night) and just sprayed myself generously with En Avion. I realize the house is steaming through closed and windows and doors with En Avion's sillage. Well, what the heck... at least I smell good when 2012 arrives!
    Thank you all for your company, wit and personal bits here ... to a great 2012!

Happy New Year greetings, dear perfume friends!

I'm wearing an Aftelier body oil: Pear, Fir and Coffee. LOVELY.

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

I'm in Coco Mademoiselle now, but tonight I'll be in Candy--unless I change my mind last minute.

Happy New Year, dear basenoters! I have learned so much from you this year, and it is a luxury to be able to discuss perfumes--creations of a huge industry, but also creations of art--with you in a rather pragmatic world.

I will be wearing By Kilian Rose Oud.

happy new year everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by catnip_too View Post
    I will be wearing By Kilian Rose Oud.
    You'll be smelling amazingly, incredibly gorgeous, too! This is one of my contenders for this evening, as well.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Good afternoon everyone!

I'm in Jour de Fête today.

Good afternoon, last day of 2011. 2012 looks to be a year of big changes for me, hopefully for the better.

Smelling very fruity this morning in Mure Et Musc Extreme over Body Shop Mango lotion.

Good Evening,

I will be seeing in 2012 in a cloud of Mouchoir de Monsieur.

Take care. Smell you all next year, folks !

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

My SOTE is Comme Des Garcons For Stephen Jones EDT

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

No.5 parfum.

Happy New Year to all of you.
    Thank you for being here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!
    Creed's Green Valley
    Gary

Basenotes Institution

Wow, a lot of Guerlain being worn today...you all smell fantastic. I'll save my L'Heure Bleue for tomorrow perhaps...

I was scent less all morning (a rare occurence for me normally) but this afternoon I'm having an early dinner (just Ray and I) in a new sample from Luckyscent (that Robin from Now Smell This voted #1 Niche Fragrance of 2011):

Azemour Les Orangers by Parfum d'Empire

It is really special. As she says, its an honest-to-goodness citrus chypre and just the fact that someone in this day and age is releasing a new fragrance that smells this retro and vintage from 1st sniff is something to celebrate. I can't wait to give this several more wearings.

Tonight, at a party when it turns 2012, I'll be wearing my 'signature' NYE scent:

Orris by Tauer

Happy 2012 to all of the wonderful guys and gals who I met this year and to those who I only know 'virtually' online here. What a fantastic year it was and I am sure next year will be even better ((bear hugs))
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

((Bear hugs)) right back at you Mike!

I'm trying Jovan Woman for the first time this afternoon. I'm quite enjoying it, but I'll wear something else later. I don't know what yet.

Blog Entries

It's the last day of the year and I am fulfilling at least one of my promises to all of you, my wonderful fragrant friends: here's a kitty picture.

Happy 2012 to you all!
    I am in a smidgen of Infini on one hand, Pandora on the other... haven't decided what's for the evening.

Blog Entries

Adorable^^^

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Basenotes Plus

Sotd- a melange of scents from long overdue decanting. Tonight's scent is undecided.

Grace a Dieu it's the last day of the year...it's been a tough one with challenges and a few "narrow escapes".
    The highlights definately revolved around this wonderful community of Basenoters....this is just a great place to come to learn and relax- AND I was lucky enough to meet some of you wonderful folks in person at the San Francisco and the NOLA meet-ups, which were FANTASTIC eperiences. Thanks again Rogalal and Quarry for all your organizing efforts.

Wishing Everyone a Healthy and Fulfilling 2012!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

queen of the universe

Going out New Year's Eve for the first time in decades, because there's a party worth going to: Peruvian dinner and salsa dancing at Thistledown racetrack's Silks club.

SotD = Carlos Santa for Women layered with a little vintage Nueva Maja, together making a flowery/gourmand Latin cocktail. I will dance all night!

My son is joining us, he will be wearing Monsieur Carven.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Happy New Year!!!

I can't wait to start 2012 and leave 2011 behind

Today I am trying London by Guerlain from a sample. Not my favorite Guerlain but not a scrubber either. I was going to wear something different tonight, but I have a feeling that London will not wear out, unless I take another shower. We'll see.

I am very thankfull to have spent another year with my Basenotes friends and look fowrad to a 2012 filled with exciting fragrances.
    Evenstar

Warum, your kitty is adorable!

As I type this I am feeling thankful for all of you -- for your knowledge, your generosity, your kindness . . . I am so glad to be a tiny part of an amazing community and I hope 2012 is a wonderful year for all of us.

I'm going to a ravioli making party this year, same as last year, so I want to wear a scent that will cut through the cooking smells without becoming "overly" as Buffy and friends would say -- I'm thinking either Dioressence or 31 Rue Cambon.

Take care, and HNE all.

Happy 2012 everyone - hooray!!

We have a couple of snazzy parties to attend before the midnight bash in Jackson Square, so I'm in Cartier's So Pretty to help ensure I'm still fragrant by the time the fleur de lis drops ...even if I drop first, lol!

Whether you're looking forward to a fun & festive soirée, a comfy & cozy snuggle with a kitty and a book, or something in-between, y'all have a safe & happy New Year's Eve! Bonne année et bonne santé!

I'm wearing Ambre Sultan, my NYE scent for the last few years.

Happy New Years to all ... Have a fun, yet safe time!

Blog Entries

I am wearing red, featuring red nails with some glitter deep inside the red and... Nahema !!(thanks to a very special BNer)!!

Happy 2012 to y'all!
    I loved it so much, to spend a year with you. I am looking forward to another fragrant one.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Finishing the day and the year in Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Cinq Mondes Eau Egyptienne.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

finishing out 2011 in Idole de Lubin, an internet purchase which arrived today
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home