Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Diptyque Eau Rose

Has anyone tried this?

From aedes:

Imagined like a rose infusion, Eau Rose celebrates the multiple olfactory facets of the rose, in its natural state, as the days go by.

From the springtime and the morning dew, it has retained the invigorating, slightly tangy freshness, with the sharp notes of bergamot and blackcurrant.

The fruity freshness of lychee complements the sensation of petals of freshly cut Centifolia and Damascena at daybreak, laden with dew.

Coveted in Grasse and the Isparta region in Turkey, Rosa Centifolia and Rosa Damascena infusions sign an essentially natural fragrance whose apparent fragility gives way to a generous heart.

And when night falls, its floral wealth radiates more intense, sensual tones. The rose becomes fleshier and voluptuous, carried by the rounded, woody imprint of musks and cedar, and enhanced with a touch of honey.

A fragrance located somewhere between freshness and sensuality, like rose concrete, with the delicious scent of freshly picked flowers, expertly revitalized.

TOP NOTES: Bergamot, blackcurrant, lychee
    MIDDLE NOTES: Hedione, geranium, Turkish rose
    BASE NOTES: Cedar, musk, honey

OLFACTIVE GROUP: Floral

CREATED: 2011

$98.00 / 3.4oz

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Diptyque Eau Rose

I never even heard of it. It sounds great. Diptyque's other rose, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, is difficult for me to wear but if this new one is anything like their Roses candle I'll like it.

It's strange that this item doesn't show on the Diptyque website.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I never even heard of it. It sounds great. Diptyque's other rose, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, is difficult for me to wear but if this new one is anything like their Roses candle I'll like it.

It's strange that this item doesn't show on the Diptyque website.
    I didn't hear anything about it either. Apparently there is a limited edition candle also, Rosa Mundi.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Member

I was just at Aedes yesterday afternoon. How could I have missed this? At least I walked away with Frederic Malle's Une Rose and Lutens' Sa Majeste la Rose...

Diptyque's other rose, L'Ombre dans l'Eau, is difficult for me to wear...
    Me, too. These two both do share blackcurrant, a red flag for me.

BTW, their L'Eau has a nice rose note buried under all its clove and orange.

I need to find out if the Madison Avenue boutique carries this next week. Would be a nice addition to my collection.

Have to say I get worn out by blackcurrant, too. But I love several things made by this house, and another rose is welcome news.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Haven't seen this either.

for swap/sale:

Have never seen nor even heard of it...
    Walked pass the Diptyque counter in Selfridges and Liberty but didn't see it either.

Basenotes Institution

Kevin, you're our Basenotes Aedes Representative, you need to get over to Aedes and smell this soon!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I was on the diptyque website and they are selling Eau Rose in an EDT and a roll-on. I can't wait to try it!

Basenotes Institution

Looks like someone from Diptyque reads Basenotes posts because just as beautygirl_9 posted above (her very 1st post on Basenotes!..hmmm??) Eau Rose has magically appeared on the Diptyque website.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

Why'd they have to make the box so matronly?

-- Eckhart Tolle

Looks like someone from Diptyque reads Basenotes posts because just as beautygirl_9 posted above (her very 1st post on Basenotes!..hmmm??) Eau Rose has magically appeared on the Diptyque website.
    Yes does seem rather awkward of a coincidence.

for swap/sale:

Boutique said 15th of the month.

The bottle resembles that of thier room spray right ?

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Boutique said 15th of the month.

The bottle resembles that of thier room spray right ?
    Wel most of the newer Eau fragrances are released in that taller rounded bottle (Tarocco, L'Eau d'L'Eau...etc)

-- Eckhart Tolle

This was in my local SpaceNK(UK) this morning, actually it was the candle I spotted first.

I tried the Roll On and compared to say L'Ombre dans L'Eau which I own, it very soft powdery woody rose. The fruity notes do stop it being a total granny's tin of talc. As someone who thinks any sex can wear what ever they want. This is quite feminine but do try it and decide for yourself.
    DONNA

Why'd they have to make the box so matronly?

I might have done without of the checks, but I actually like the woodcut-style roses.

Got a quick blast on my wrist and paper a couple of hours ago at the local Diptyque shop. I like it. It's a clean, bright 'pink' rose to me - more like the top of Homage or Fleurs de Bulgarie than the darker 'dusky maroon' rose of Une Rose. I have now used up every rose reference I have at hand, so there you go

I don't pick up on the fruity side or any overt blackcurrant - it just smells bright, perky, optimistic and quite unadorned. It has a carefree charm to it without trying too hard. I wouldn't peg this as immediately girly or femme, it's just refreshing and good. I was there to get some samples of the Vinaigre de Toilette and noticed the display, but when I go back I'll definitely give this one a bit more attention. As mentioned 100ml spray, a smaller roll on and a candle.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 8th January 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Went to Aedes on Friday to give it a try, (thank you for egging me on, Mike.)

First impression: If roses grew on trees that blossomed in the spring, this is what they would smell like.

A soft, slightly damp, muted rose, made very diffuse by a generous dosing of hedione, supported by slightly honeyed cedar/musk base. The listed blackcurrant is kept to a minimum and doesn't stick around.

I have to admit, this smells more like a perfect room spray, rather than a personal fragrance. The candle must be divine. I'd love to be in a room that smells of this.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks everyone for posting impressions...I definitely want to smell it now.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution

This got a 'Very Good' 4 star review from Victoria over at BDJ: http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...ce-review.html

-- Eckhart Tolle

Picked up a couple samples at SF Barney's because my cousin keeps telling me to get some for her (she sampled it in a previous visit and kept raving about it--it smelled wonderful on her). Very pretty, but a feminine rose I can probably not pull off. I'll stick with my L'Ombre Dans L'Eau.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just got a sample of this recently, and I'm completely in love with it (: Fresh and very carefree to me, thinking of getting the 100ml bottle now!

I enjoy Eau Rose a lot too. To my nose, it's a very bright, crisp pink rose. People often describe fragrances as perfect complements to a starched white dress shirt. I don't think people usually say that about rose scents, but that's how I experience this one.

Also, unlike some others, I like the box very much!
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

A true soliflore. Nice if you enjoy rose in that rendering.
    Trying Rose Absolue by Annick Goutal is a must then.

for swap/sale: