Code of Conduct

Thread: Carnal Flower

Default Carnal Flower

I know that fragrance has no gender and fragrances marketed towards specific genders are marketing ploys but I just wanted to get advice from my fellow b'ners. I finally pulled the trigger on a 50ml bottle of FM Carnal Flower. I find it to be extremely fascinating and whenever I wore my sample I was completely infatuated with the scent. Which brings me to my question. Do any of you feel that some fragrances were made for women and as men if we use them we take away the "sanctity" of their scents? Your thoughts.

Default Re: Carnal Flower

Not at all. A fragrance being for a particular gender is largely a marketing invention. You should wear what you like, what expresses what you want to express, regardless of whom it's marketed to.

I don't think any such thing ruins the sanctity of anything. However, I DO feel that certain frags smell more "masculine" and some more "feminine." (That's my humble opinion, of course.) About Carnal Flower, I, too, recently bought a 50ml bottle. I LOVE THIS FRAG. I do think it is a lot more "feminine" than my "Noir Epices" by Malle, but it suits me just the same. In fact, my father compliments me every time I wear it, and BELIEVE ME, if he himself thought it smelled feminine, he would definitely not compliment me. So, like onethinline says, WEAR WHAT YOU WANT!
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

"Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

"It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    Not at all. A fragrance being for a particular gender is largely a marketing invention. You should wear what you like, what expresses what you want to express, regardless of whom it's marketed to.
    agree ...

Sanctity?! Seriously, people- this is perfume we're talking about! If you like the way it smells, wear it! Enjoy it! Be grateful you can afford it. Don't take any of it too seriously.

It true i think anyone can wear anything he she likes

Thank all of you for the responses!!!