Code of Conduct

Default HELP: So I'm about to buy a FB of Mouchoir de Monsieur...

However, there are only two places that I can find online that sell it (besides the hideously priced one on ebay):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

The thing is, I really want an older bottle of MDM, not from 2011, of which I have heard of terrible reformulations that distort the scent into something unrecognizable.

Does anyone know how I might achieve this? Batch codes, boxes, anything? One site has a phone number, so that may come in handy.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 2nd January 2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: marketplace violation

Default Re: HELP: So I'm about to buy a FB of Mouchoir de Monsieur...

Beautyencounter is certainly reputable, I have never had any problem with any of my purchases from them. Some of their stock is older stuff, so in this case that may be a good thing, I would imagine any bottle they would have would be from prior to 2011, so I think you should be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post

The thing is, I really want an older bottle of MDM, not from 2011, of which I have heard of terrible reformulations that distort the scent into something unrecognizable.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say the current formulation is 'unrecognisable'. It is changed somewhat, but still a wonderful scent.
    As with some other Guerlains, the current juice is somewhat lighter in colour, but that doesn't really help you. I've no idea about batch codes.
    For new stock, why not call your nearest boutique ? Perhaps they do phone orders.
    For vintage stock, the usual channels open to you (ebay, lucky finds, sale boards etc).
    Last edited by socalwoman; 2nd January 2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: clean up

I called beautyencounter and kept getting put to voicemail. I guess I'll send them an email asking for a batch code.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingthealien View Post
    I called beautyencounter and kept getting put to voicemail. I guess I'll send them an email asking for a batch code.
    Good luck with getting that info from them.