Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille or Angel Men Pure Havane

Does anybody have both? What are your opinions on both?

Are they similar and which one is a better tobacco scent?

Default Re: Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille or Angel Men Pure Havane

I own a bottle of Pure Havane and have a sample of Tobacco Vanille. IMO, the two scents are not very similar.

TV is better by a mile. It truly smells like tobacco and is the best tobacco scent that I've ever tried and read about.

PH is nice and probably more versatile than TV. However, I'm not too fond of the sweet cherry note. PH is more honey/cherry sweet than it is tobacco. The tobacco notes are very faint. In TV, it's very apparent.

I have and enjoy both, with TV being the superior fragrance. PH wears a little too close to the skin for my liking and the tobacco note isn't really that persistent, past a certain point.

Own bottles of each - not similar at all.

TV is a more mature scent. I've had folks tell me I smell like pumpkin pie or christmas while wearing this stuff...

PH is very heavy on honey and vanilla. The tobacco is there in the background, but it smells more like a french vanilla beverage. It's more suited to daily wear, but sometimes I get a beeswax note that annoys me.

Basenotes Plus

I have both and TV is certainly superior on every level IMO, and I use it for more formal occasions or when I want to impress, but PH is a lot of fun and for cold weather casual wear it is very, very nice.

Own both, prefer PH. TV is a little strong for me, it's something that I really have to be in the mood to wear. PH on the other hand works any time.

Sur la Plage

Tobacco Vanille > Pure Havane
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Angel Men Pure Havane

From these two: Angel Men Pure Havane

TV for formal, PH for more casual. Both nice tobacco scents and very different.

Dependent

Tobacco Vanille is one of the few fragrances that I can say legitimately lived up to the BN hype.

TV>PH

T.V.

Why not get a bottle of PH and a decant of TV?

PH is amazing imo

I love Pure Havane. However, Tobacco Vanille is the more superior scent. It smells more well composed and exudes class. Both are nice though.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I only like the dry cocoa note in Pure Havane.

I much prefer Tobacco Vanille.

I have and love both, they are nothing alike. PH has a weak tobacco scent when compared to TV. You might find TV less versatile, but I wear TV at work in an office environment with no problems. They both have great longevity on my skin, especially TV. If you are into fragrances that develop and change on your skin, then you might find TV to be a little "boring". But I love it for what it is. IMO you can't go wrong with PH, because most will think it's more versatile. The wife doesn't like TV alone (it's just too strong!!), but she does like when I layer it with Champaca. You should get samples before you commit yourself to a bottle.

Agree with most comments here, these are only vaguely similar. Having both is not at all redundant. PH does not have near the level of tobacco as TV, and TV does not have the cocoa-cherry almost medicinal sweetness of PH. The Vanilla note in TV is superior to PH.
    Splits!

Roja Amber Aoud & Tom Ford Tobacco Oud --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...d-Fleur-splits

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Own both, prefer PH. TV is a little strong for me, it's something that I really have to be in the mood to wear. PH on the other hand works any time.
    This is always my answer.....Purchase a bottle of each!!!
    Gary

Well I hope is good, I ordered it (50ML) for $160 shipped. I love tobacco scents, and I love vanilla scents...so I think this should be a great blind buy. I also put into consideration that almost every person really likes TV...so I figure I will like it.

As far as the whole A*Men thing goes, there is just something in all of them that I CANNOT stand! Maybe I will grow to like them some day :/
    Last edited by Eye-phart-kuhlone; 9th January 2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: fixed some shit

Quote Originally Posted by Eye-phart-kuhlone View Post
    Well I hope is good, I ordered it (50ML) for $160 shipped. I love tobacco scents, and I love vanilla scents...so I think this should be a great blind buy. I also put into consideration that almost every person really likes TV...so I figure I will like it.

As far as the whole A*Men thing goes, there is just something in all of them that I CANNOT stand! Maybe I will grow to like them some day :/
    Congratulations. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

TV for sure.

Two scents are not very similar.

Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille better.

Today I tested both and TV is better IMO. But I also tested Tuscan Leather. It was a very nice scent also.

I own PH and absolutley love it, sampled TV this weekend at neiman marcus and was totally shocked, not what I was expecting at all. I was expecting a sweet vanilla gourmand but was presented with a bitter tobacco. Not really my cup of tea but the sillage/longevity was amazing, dont think someone whose 16 like myself could pull this off very well but I will revist it in given time.

I own and like both scents. Alot. But they're very different.

Tobacco Vanille is very dense and rich, and even in it's evolution the character remains exactly the same throughout the day(s) one is wearing it. There is really no single stage where TV doesn't smell warm, rich, and opulent. It's construction is such that there are no exposed seams either, everything is velvety smooth all the time.

Pure Havane is a much more versatile and evolving scent, that spans more seasons of wear, and while it is strong, it's nowhere near the density or richness of TV. Pure Havane also has a few moments during it's progression where the blend isn't smooth, and a discordant tone is apparent. It's not uber-velvety like TV.

Overall, if I had to choose between the two, it'd be Tobacco Vanille, and the choice wouldn't be that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye-phart-kuhlone View Post
    I ordered it (50ML) for $160 shipped.
    Seems like a good price. Where did you buy from? Have you received it yet? What are your impressions?
    Last edited by drdan; 16th January 2012 at 12:26 AM.

I have never tried PH because it is grossly overpriced online. I own a full bottle of TV. This is my favorite cold weather fragrance.