Code of Conduct

Question Female fragrance recommendation please! A step up from Anna Sui 'Sui Dreams'

Hi everyone, I'm newly registered, but have been lurking here for a little while, and I'm grateful for all the helpful advice I've already found on here - there's some incredible knowledge shared on basenotes, for sure! I hope to contribute something useful myself, but I've got a lot to learn before that happens!

Anyway, I'm looking for a recommendation from you good people: my wife has been wearing Anna Sui's 'Sui Dreams' EDT for a few years now, among others, as her preferred fragrance.

However, this Christmas I had a lot of trouble finding another bottle for her, and I now understand that it has been discontinued. My wife has also said she'd like to find a new fragrance, something similar, but maybe with a little more maturity. Any ideas?

We're not averse to spending a little more for something a bit more unusual/less mainstream...

Many thanks in advance for any advice and guidance offered, and apologies if someone has already asked this - I did run a search, but couldn't see any relevant posts.

All the best, J

Blog Entries

Default Re: Female fragrance recommendation please! A step up from Anna Sui 'Sui Dreams'

l'm not familiar with Sui Dreams, but apparently it is predominantly an orange-vanilla fragrance.
    l suggest you try Anne Pliska, which has notes of orange along with a deliciously sexy amber & a touch of incense. lt's sweet but in a grown-up way. You can get a sample from Luckyscent.com.

Good luck, & welcome to basenotes!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Banned

Default Re: Female fragrance recommendation please! A step up from Anna Sui 'Sui Dreams'

L by Lolita Lempicka - gorgeous bitter orange, cinnamon, vanilla and musk scent ...

Wow, quick off the mark - thanks teardrop and dollars&scents, I'll try to obtain samples for both of those fragrances, they sound like excellent candidates!

Teardrop - thanks also for the welcome and I love the Zorba bit in your signature

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jfj33 View Post
    Wow, quick off the mark - thanks teardrop and dollars&scents, I'll try to obtain samples for both of those fragrances, they sound like excellent candidates!

Teardrop - thanks also for the welcome and I love the Zorba bit in your signature
    Thankyou, you're welcome!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Ok, going to order samples of both the fragrances mentioned (can't find a supplier that has both, though, of course!)...

I've ordered 'L De Lolita Lempicka' by Lolita Lempicka from FragranceX, along with 'Dolly Girl' by Anna Sui, 'Angel Peony' by Thierry Mugler and 'Spring Flower' by Creed (just going off a hunch with all those, as I haven't experienced any of them before, so I may have made some horrendous mistakes ).

Would anyone have some additional recommendations to order alongside 'Anne Pliska' from LuckyScent? There are so many to choose from on their samples page, and I'd rather order a few samples rather than just a single one.

I've already ordered a sample of '10 Corso Como' previously, and although my wife likes it a lot, it's apparently not 'the one'!

I also picked up a sample of 'Flowerbomb' from a local store today, which my wife does quite like on her, though not on the sample card, oddly enough. I'm not too sure about it...

Any more ideas?

Thanks a million for the help already so far!
    Last edited by jfj33; 4th January 2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: my brain (or lack thereof)

The following have been ordered from LuckyScent:

Anne Pliska - Eau de Parfum
    Mona di Orio - Vanille -Les Nombres d’Or
    Les Nereides - Douceur de Vanille
    Serendipity 3 - Serendipitous

...plus a couple of treats for me!

I'm thinking about ordering some decants from theperfumedcourt.com too. Any recommendations?