Code of Conduct

Default what to do with a very dry hair

heya there
    I was wondering whether u can recommend a good mosturising hair cream

P.s I'm in the uk

Default Re: what to do with a very dry hair

i like eclat naturel from leonor greyl. this is also a styling product, but nothing like hair gel. it adds very little weight, doesn't harden, and your hair looks perfectly natural. it works as a good leave-in conditioner, and a little goes a long way.

there is also a pretty good leave-in conditioner by christophe robin, it's called hydratant santal and smells a bit like monsieur balmain. again, a little goes a long way. just a tiny drop for short hair.

both are very low in grease content.

i recommend asking for a sample to try before you buy, to see if it works for you. what works for me might not work for your hair-type.

Superdrug - 99p tub of coconut oil. Put the tub in warm water to melt the solid oil, work through your hair and wrap head in clingfilm. Leave on for a few hours or overnight and shampoo out

I am a hair geek, and recommend you look on www.naturallycurly.com for answers. Because it depends on what your hair type is, and why it's dry. It may work to just oil it up, but if your hair wants protein, the oil won't work, your hair can get greasy and still be dry. Like greasy straw. The ladies on naturally curly have seen everything and are good at making recommendations.

What made the biggest difference for me was ditching the regular shampoo and switching to one without sulfates, I only use regular shampoo occasionally. It used to be dry all the time, tangly. Now it is almost never dry, and doesn't tangle much.

best deep conditioner for my hair, hands down, is Curl Junkie Curl Rehab. I don't know if you can get it there though.

heya Robin....

thank you for the website
    I checked it but I was overwhelmed with the content
    my hair is naturally dry and curly
    I noticed that after conditioning it becomes more moisturised, yet at the end of the day u feel it's thuristy
    I've tried greasy creames and others but they don't seem to work
    I wander if there is a cream the controls the fizziness and keep the hair hydrated

Quote Originally Posted by aseer_al3youn View Post
    heya Robin....

thank you for the website
    I checked it but I was overwhelmed with the content
    my hair is naturally dry and curly
    I noticed that after conditioning it becomes more moisturised, yet at the end of the day u feel it's thuristy
    I've tried greasy creames and others but they don't seem to work
    I wander if there is a cream the controls the fizziness and keep the hair hydrated
    Aha! Try this one: http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/

basically, curly hair tends to be dry, so it has to be treated gently. Find a shampoo without sulfates and a conditioner with no silicones (nothing that ends in -cone or -xane), wash with the shampoo, condition with the conditioner, put a little conditioner in after you rinse as a leave-in, mix this with a smidge of the coconut oil. Once your hair gets in good shape you can sometimes use regular shampoo and stuff with silicones, but while you are getting it back it's better to avoid them because:

The sulfates strip too much moisture from the hair
    The silicones form a barrier on your hair that is hard to remove without the sulfates

I REALLY like these for rehabilitating dry hair, they are expensive though.
    Shampoo: http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/stor...mpoo-12oz.html
    Conditioner: http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/stor...conut-8oz.html

And if, as you say, your hair feels good when you wash it but then when it gets dry it gets too dry, you may possibly be able to just change the styler. I'd try the Coffee Coco Curl Creme, it is very conditioning, but it doesn't have much hold; on my hair, personally, I use gel over curl creme or conditioner. The creamy stuff conditions then the gel holds the hair so it doesn't frizz.

But you can have good hair All The Time if you lean your hair's properties and treat it according to them - so I know, for me, my hair is Coarse, Low Porosity; it likes a lot of moisture, little protein, strong gel to keep it from puffing out. My daughter has hair that looks similar but hers is Fine, Medium Porosity; hers likes a lot more protein in the products. Protein makes her hair silky and shiny, it makes mine sticky and hard. Different kinds of hair.

yeah, confusing. But ooh, once you know what your hair type is you can get such good results, totally worth it IMO to geek out about your hair for awhile and figure it out.

So have I and Lush's hair treatments are great for my hair and scalp.
    I don't care about the fancy stores and always forget these stupid names, but the jasmine one is particularly effective.

I am not a big fan but a friend who has frizzy as she calls it shoulder length hair tried the new Liz Earle haircare and loves it.
    Now I believe you can get samples from Liz Earle? Contact her CS which is suppose to be excellent and give it a try.

I like John Masters Organics or Kevin Murphy both don't use sls or silcones in their ranges. Which will make you hair look shiney for a while but really dry it out even more.
    DONNA

Try Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner. Available in all main supermarket chains.

I agree with VivaLolita.. Coconut oil is 1 of the best affordable products you can use on your hair on a regular basis to keep it healthy, soft & shiny.

I bought Parachute coconut oil (brand doesn't matter as they are all pure coconut oil in the end), and i use it 2-3 times a week. Just apply it on dry hair and leave it aslong as you want (longer the better), then wash it out with shampoo & conditioner.

If you want to go that step further & pay that bit extra for another great natural product, then moroccon oil is what you want..

http://moroccanoil.com/

You can find this product range all over ebay..

Moroccon oil treatment' is the product you want.. Other products of their range are optional.. But it's important to use a good shampoo & conditioner that works well on your hair..

I personally use the 'silky sexy hair' range by sexy hair.. http://www.sexyhair.co.uk/products_silky.aspx#

Its a matter of testing shampoos & conditioners & finding what suits you.. If you find a shampoo you like from 1 brand, stick with it & search another brand for the conditioner..

My hair is dry and curly, feels uncomfortable, I use a L'Oreal hair mask, its appearance is pink, the effect is very good, it feels like a layer of hairmask, moist and very much look comfortable.

Whenever you are going to wash your hair - do a oil treatment first. Leonor Greyl Huile de Palme is excellent as is castor oil. The most amazing leave in I have tried is this Bamboo Hair Milk. It also comes in a scented version. I love this and have been using it for the last 1.5 years. Another thing to try is
    the Fatima moisturizer and a good silicone free shampoo - this Jamaican black castor oil shampoo is also amazing - leaves curls clean + moisturized. Good Luck!