Code of Conduct

Thread: Mitsouko

Default Mitsouko

I bought the edt 30ml today, unsniffed as there were no testers. I love Guerlain, so I expected to enjoy this, but I HATE it. Shame I can't return it.

Would anyone be interested in a swap? I'm in the UK. I haven't accumulated enough posts to use the swaps or sell board but I would send it out first, recorded delivery.

Default Re: Mitsouko

Quote Originally Posted by VivaLolita View Post
    I bought the edt 30ml today, unsniffed as there were no testers. I love Guerlain, so I expected to enjoy this, but I HATE it. Shame I can't return it.
    Curious - Why aren't you able to return it?

It was sealed in cellophane, the store I got it from (Boots) doesn't accept returns or exchanges if the packaging is opened

In the UK you cannot return opened cosmetic items unless allergic reaction.

Mitsouko is a beautiful classic fragrance. BUT, she is also the bitch of all fragrances as if she does not work for you then its hell as everyone goes on about how fab she is.

Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis etc all should have testers, too late for you I know.
    DONNA

She sure was a bitch on me! I read somewhere that some people can wear only Mitsouko OR Shalimar, I *adore* Shalimar! I managed to sell it on to a friend who loves it for a couple of pounds less than I paid. I bought YSL Cinema and Dior Hypnotic Poison instead.

No, I can wear both Shalimar and Mitsouko. But chypres work for me as do orientals my two favourite families.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VivaLolita View Post
    I read somewhere that some people can wear only Mitsouko OR Shalimar, I *adore* Shalimar!
    Me too! This is why l have a large supply of Shalimar but have *never* tried Mitsouko!
    Maybe l ought to, but chypres in general do not work on me at all.

Cinema is a great choice, by the way!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Me too! This is why l have a large supply of Shalimar but have *never* tried Mitsouko!
    Maybe l ought to, but chypres in general do not work on me at all.

Cinema is a great choice, by the way!
    I'm perfectly happy having Shalimar as my go-to Guerlain! Thanks, I know Cinema isn't a complex unusual fragrance, but great for those cold days to make you feel warm and cosy. Reminds me of Sensi actually, which I had years ago!

Basenotes Plus

Welcome VivaLolita!

Pleeeeeaaaase give Mitsy more chances. It may take awhile to appreciate her charms as the Queen of Chypres. It did for me.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Many years ago I first tried Mitsouko(early 80s) and loved on first sniff. It was only after I joined Basenotes and other perfume boards I began hearing how difficult Mitsouko can be. Honestly I was shocked, it was a 'Really!!!!'

L'Heure Bleu took awhile for me to really get, I kept sampling and nothing and then BANG one day I got the addictive narcotic vibe.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by knit at nite View Post
    Welcome VivaLolita!

Pleeeeeaaaase give Mitsy more chances. It may take awhile to appreciate her charms as the Queen of Chypres. It did for me.
    Thanks so much! I really wanted to like Mitsouko. I couldn't bear the thought of spraying it again to try and get past that strong clove (is it clove?) and TMI I honestly smelt a fecal accord in there. I can't get past that. I guess it just doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Many years ago I first tried Mitsouko(early 80s) and loved on first sniff. It was only after I joined Basenotes and other perfume boards I began hearing how difficult Mitsouko can be. Honestly I was shocked, it was a 'Really!!!!'

L'Heure Bleu took awhile for me to really get, I kept sampling and nothing and then BANG one day I got the addictive narcotic vibe.
    I can appreciate its a masterpiece in perfumery. I guess maybe chypres don't work on me? I like woody orientals, they seem to complement me really well.