Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Default Re: New splits for 2013! Amouage | Armani/Prive | Creed | Tom Ford

Matt - I heard lot of issues shipping fragrance out of UK after the recent royal mail policy change. How is the situation for you

SK

Matt - I heard lot of issues shipping fragrance out of UK after the recent royal mail policy change. How is the situation for you

SK

There's no issues at all.

Hmm maybe not...
    Last edited by Kron; 9th February 2013 at 09:20 AM.

Hi Kron,

are you adding any new splits?.
    Smelling Good In My Wheelchair

Received my green Irish tweed and my Tom ford oud wood in the mail Saturday! Great packing job and very classy bottles and labels! Looking forward to doing more splits!

Hi Kron, I recievied my Noir de Noir and Veni today. Thanks again - all perfect!

Thank you Kron. Have received my very first split in my life. Aventus is safely packed, cool bottle, cool labeling. Fast shipping, great communication………… BN salesman award to you
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Hello,

I would like to reserve a split place for both Aventus and GIT please?

I know I'm a new member but have been lurking for a while and would really like to get these two in my collection.

Out of interest how long do these usually take to complete (I say usually as I know that its dependant on others demand..)?

Thanks very much,

David

Just wanted to make an update..

I've received all of the funds and the bottles have been ordered for the recent Creed Aventus and Tom Ford Noir de Noir and Tobacco Vanille splits.

Also as my split topic has reached 100,000 views I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone and offer anyone joining a split with me throughout February the chance to win £50 worth of random samples and 10 various samples of anything in my collection (Vintage Guerlain Derby, Xerjoff Kobe and Zafar, Creed Windsor? anything is possible) the winning name will be selected randomly at the end of the month!

Also I've added two new splits today! They are Memo - Shams and Dries Van Noten par Frederic Malle. Both are fantastic and have masterful compositions..

Memo - Shams

Topnote: Pepper, Ginger, Saffron

Heartnote: Vetiver Nagarmotha

Basenote: Tonka Bean, Birch, Balsam of Tolu, Storax, Agarwood (Oud)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle

Topnote: Citron, Sandalwood, Guaiac wood

Heartnote: Spanish Jasmine, Tonka Bean

Basenote: Cashemere/Blonde woods, Vanilla, Musk

I've also been thinking about doing an offsite split for the new Armani - Eau de Nuit for Men so if anyone is interested in seeing one please let me know and if there's enough interest I'll make it happen!

All the best,

Matt
    Last edited by Kron; 7th February 2013 at 06:17 PM.

Default Re: New splits for 2013! Amouage | Armani/Prive | Creed | Frederic Malle | Memo | Tom Ford

PM sent on MEMO Shams split.
    Thanks for offering this fragrance!
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Default Re: New splits for 2013! Amouage | Armani/Prive | Creed | Frederic Malle | Memo | Tom Ford

Do u still have Aventus? I want a 50 ml bottle. Thx

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately the UK Royal Mail situation has just escalated pretty badly for me and it looks like I'll either have to limit my splits to the UK or stop doing them completely. I'm really shattered as its been a good experience so far but I can't put people in a position where its a lottery if they'll receive their splits or not.

I will honour and ship the current splits that have been ordered (Beloved Woman, Noir de Noir, Tobacco Vanille and the last Aventus) in the event that these don't reach the people that took the split I will cover the cost fully and refund you 100% even if it means I lose £100's in the process.

I'm incredibly gutted and this maybe means the end apart from a few UK based Aventus splits.

Matt
    Last edited by Kron; 9th February 2013 at 09:32 AM.

That's awful news, and I'm gutted too. Your splits have introduced me to perfumes I would not otherwise have had the opportunity to know, and I can't thank you enough. I really hope there's a legal way around this!

Thats bad news Matt!

I did think of you when i was picking up a rarcel from my local sorting office, Poster on wall about new regulations.

Could you use another carrier or is it the Airlines that have the restrictions ?

Im sure you will have alot of custom from the UK, just spread the word.

I'll have to do some more research but I think this is the end when it comes to international fragrance parcels as the prohibited list seems to be covering air travel in general for all countries (inbound AND outbound) so it won't just affect parcels from the UK.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone internationally who has joined one of my splits over the last 2 years! I hope its been a good experience as its been a pleasure helping people out!

Oh no Matt. I am sure to keep an eye on your UK splits, please don't stop them as well!

I'm so sorry that the international split situation has gone kaput :-(

Perfume is on the prohibited list where i live too but i have sent perfume abroad many times. Last time a few weeks ago when i returned MI to cheapsmells. I just lie whats inside

Kron, many thanks for your work with the splits. It really is a sad thing with these new postal restrictions, especially for those of us in countries with poor niche distribution. Still, I will continue to keep a lookout on your splits and hope the situation becomes better!

Fwiw I have heard of smaller perfumeries in Europe having to send their packages in 30ml instead of 50ml to get around the restrictions not sure if its an EU thing or not which Royal mail is now enforcing. In any case very disappointing to hear, wouldn't have got to sample and have decants of some of the great ones I do if it wasnt for your work mate.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Permis View Post
    Perfume is on the prohibited list where i live too but i have sent perfume abroad many times. Last time a few weeks ago when i returned MI to cheapsmells. I just lie whats inside
    The problem is they are screening inbound and outbound parcels now and if the parcel contains something which they deem as prohibited then they will confiscate it.

As you can imagine I feel obliged to give a full refund so if/when this happens I'm losing massively each time I host a split. Its simply not worth the lottery as I've already had one persons parcel to the States confiscated which I'm going to refund later today.

I've checked 6+ couriers this morning and they are all following the same regulations as Royal Mail which now means fragrance can't be posted via air mail. This is going to have reprocussions for everyone sending and receiving perfumes to/from the UK.

I'll feel the loss not only in your splits, but in our correspondence.
    You have been very generous and a gentleman in all your dealings.
    Wishing you all the best and in hopes that some alternate solution can be found.
    Best wishes and regards,
    F
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Default Re: New splits for 2013! Creed - Aventus [UK only]

Hi kron,
    Just received my first ever split of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Everything is absolutely perfect with very fast delivery and fab packaging. I'm over the mood (and thanks for the free samples too, they're great). So sorry to hear about the recent problems with postage -I really hope it can be resolved soon.
    Best wishes & thanks so much for your hard work.

Sorry for being an echo, but Kron was helping me out twice already, since some perfumes are not available to test or to buy in my country.
    I hope the same as others that there would be a legitimate alternative to continue this great job. Kron you have all my appreciation and fingers crossed.

That's sad, Matt, really sad for all of us.

Basenotes Member

I would like to buy an Aventus split, please. Not sure if I need to send a PM or post here...?

Thanks

Russell

Sorry to hear this, Matt. These new regulations are going to make it a complete nightmare to trade fragrances anywhere other than mainland GB. You've definitely taken the wisest step by stopping splits outside of the UK, as there's nothing worse than having your package sent back with a note telling you that the item has been destroyed.

Sorry to hear this Kron,
    I can speak for all basenoters when I say we appreciate your efforts and motivation to help us out. Thanks for all of your work!

Basenotes Member

Kron,

As it looks like the Royal Snail is banning perfume carriage in the UK, are splits still able to occur?

If so, which of the ones in your .sig are available? (Black or blue text)?

Many thanks

Dom

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Matt WTF happened to the UK now???? What is going on with your laws their???? So how will the stores be able to import and export? It seems the UK is turning into a cold war era domminated country. So sad for you and us!!!!!

Paul
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Default Re: New splits for 2013! Armani/Prive | Creed | HdP | Puredistance M | Tom Ford

Last edited by lpp; 9th February 2013 at 06:52 PM.

Default Re: New splits for 2013! Armani/Prive | Creed | HdP | Puredistance M | Tom Ford

I understood that RM has changed it's position on the shipping of fragrances - consumer UK only shipping is allowed from 14/1/13.
    Business customers are not affected.
    RM is thinking of lifting the EU ban in July 2013 - http://www.northernirelandchamber.co...ContentId=1921 so hopefully this is only temporary.

Default Re: New splits for 2012! Creed | Guerlain | Hermes Hermessence | Mona di Orio | Tom Ford | Xerjoff

Hi Kron,
    Could you please post a list of what's still available? I saw you added a new frag but where are the others? The thread is very long!

I've had to remove everything apart from the Aventus split due to the damage caused by Royal Mail and the lack of ability to send anything outside the UK.

Everything that's available will always be on the first post on the first page.

Sorry about this. It's a very flawed decision by the Aviation Authorities. Are you still offering splits to UK Basenoters, such as me?

For the moment yes.

Please PM me your list.

Matt, I am sickened by what has happened. I didn't read the regulations very closely, but hopefully the changes coming in July will allow small quantities of things like this again. If there is enough outrage, perhaps they will relax the restrictions on items they realize pose no threat.

Hang in there buddy. Maybe I'll give the Queen a call and get this straightened out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragmeister View Post
    Please PM me your list.
    Based on what is on page 1 of this thread, it looks like he is only offering Aventus at the moment.

New member here. Just signed up so that I can reserve a split for 50ml Creed Aventus. I live in the UK.
    Thanks!

It's a total bummer, Matt, as I received first-class service from yourself.

I knew of the regulations in force, which is why I asked about the UK Profumum splits. Anyway - like I said, I'll see what I can sample in Lisbon.

I would be interested in UK splits of TF Bois Marocain, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood or Black Orchid, once you have recovered from the financial mauling.

Basenotes Member

Just thought that I would update the thread on my first split purchase:

Couldn't have gone better! Superb communications, excellent service and the juice itself is identical to the Creed sample I got from John Lewis. The bottle itself is kinda cute and the sprayer delivers just the right amount of Aventus juice. Normally, for Geen Valley, MI, Tabarome and other milder creeds, the death cloud of perfume a Creed sprayer produces is likely needed to help the fragrance project. With Aventus I would suspect the creed spray would be somewhat overkill.

I actually had a reminder come in from Cheapsmells that they had Aventus back in stock (that stock lasting just under 48 hours, so I was lucky to get one), so I now have two bottles of the stuff, making the split kinda redundant. Nevertheless, should other splits become available, or you want Aventus for less than retail from a source that will definitely have it, Kron is a top guy. I would certainly be interested in more splits.

Russell

I would be very interested should you do another Aventus split.

I'm in a much better position to continue offering splits within the UK now so from tonight/tomorrow I'll look to start a few new ones again.

I'll probably and try to stick with the more popular ones initially.

Aventus
    Noir de Noir
    Tobacco Vanille

and the new Creed Aqua range thats coming in the next few months.

Glad to hear it, old bean. How do you feel about a Puredistance M?

I might have to move to the UK, just because of your splits Kron...........

Basenotes Member

I wouldn't mind a tobacco vanille split, depending on price. Also, what info do you have on the new Creeds? For some reason I can't find out anything about them.

Russell

Default Re: New splits for 2013! Creed - Aventus | Tom Ford - Noir de Noir & Tobacco Vanille [UK only]

I've got a single spot left on the Noir de Noir split and would quite like to complete it over the weekend if anyone would like to claim it?

Default Re: New splits for 2013! Creed - Aventus | Tom Ford - Noir de Noir & Tobacco Vanille [UK only]

how do you buy Aventus

Basenotes Member

Got my Aventus + 2 samples today, well packaged, friendly to deal with, prompt and very happy with the products, beautifully done. Loving the Creed- Original Vetiver sample as well, can see that as my next purchase with Kron.

Musc Ravageur by any chance? Id like 20ml me thinks.

Everyone,

We have had issue with Royal Mail UK and the package never reached me.
    Kron (Matt) refunded me the total without me even asking for it.
    I understand this is at his own cost.
    I truly value Matt honouring his commitment to his splits, and to me.
    Matt is, without doubt, a highly recommended seller and splitter.
    If you want to work with Matt, I suggest you getting a freight forwarder from UK to ship items out of UK. I myself have arranged for one so we don't run into the issue with Royal Mail UK once again.

Once more, I sincerely appreciate all you've done, Matt.

Tai

Still have the 3 splits running (Aventus, Noir de Noir, Tobacco Vanille) If anyone would like to claim a spot please get in touch as I'd like to finalise them before the end of the month if possible!

Puredistance M and Profumum Roma Arso would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

One slot left for Aventus! Come and fill the order please!

I have one spare spot available on the last Creed Aventus split as somone has badly let me down at the last minute.

Let's split some Profumum Roma!

Hi, i'm a long time lurker, 1st time poster...would be interested in creed MI or TF Oud Wood or both!

Interested in creed MI split
    Smelling Good In My Wheelchair

Just wanted to post an update. Since the site move has edited my topic I'm going to have to rebuild the first page again as it's months out of date an not accurate.

I know a few people recently wanted some Tom Ford splits, Can those people repost in the topic or private message me and I'll look to get something sorted.

I'd be in for Tom Ford: Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir.

Cheers mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Revision to that: I'd be in for Noir de Noir (not Tobacco Vanille).

Pm sent