Fumerie Turque.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: SotD: 4 January 2012

Good morning!

Morning all. Rose Ikebana today.

Morning,

As I still have a rose flowering in the garden (in January!!!), I think I can get away with:

Sa Majesté la Rose

Good morning everyone In a really good mood today The boyfriend just came back from Oslo. Sotd is one of his favourites, Feminite du bois.

Eau Sauvage

2 of me favorite ads of all time.

Good morning!

Le Labo Iris 39 for me today.

Robin-in-FL I loved you comments about Reglisse Noir yesterday. I think that you called it "clear headed". I have been interested in it for a while, purely based on the list of notes. Yes I know that can be precarious! But you have definately captured my interest now.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Morning,

As I still have a rose flowering in the garden (in January!!!), I think I can get away with:

Sa Majesté la Rose
    Same here! It does look like October or March here... no complaint! Leave it as it is

I'm wearing Neil Morris' Gandhara and sampling Le Temps d'une Fete... challenging for me because of its greenness, sweetness. There is something generic in this comp. Would be interesting to explore this further to know my preferences better. Overall, a good scent, its concentration (EdT) does not really make me happy, uninteresting base.

A big hooray on BN's performance this morning! Ergo, double post
    Last edited by Larimar; 4th January 2012 at 09:28 AM.

Ach! I am a dunderheid!

............licorice essence, green mandarin, verbena, nutmeg, ginger, patchouli, vanilla and musk...... is Eau De Reglisse!

But I would like to try the clear headed Reglisse Noir too. In fact I think I had better.....

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Creed's divine Angelique Encens <3

Wish you all a very good day!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    I still have a rose flowering in the garden (in January!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Same here!
    Here too - I think we are just bypassing winter altogether and going from autumn straight into spring. I prefer my fumes in colder weather so it looks like I'm the unhappy one here !.

SotD is Xerjoff Uden.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 4th January 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Thumbs up Re: SotD: 4 January 2012

Eau de Parfum

inoubliable Elixir Patchouli

REMINISCENCE
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Dior - Mitzah

Parfums del Rae Bois de Paradis
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I am unable to move much (except my fingers!) due to a prolapsed
    disc that I aquired whilst getting down the Xmas decorations.
    I can still apply scent, however, and have chosen to wear the Idylle edt.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady.

Notes include raspberry, cassis, rose, cinnamon, clove, benzoin, sandalwood, patchouli, frankincense, ambroxan and white musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Hello all. Tocca Colette.
    DONNA

Hello everyone -

I'm in Chanel for ballet this morning, Bois des Iles parfum and edt. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Foustie, have another cup of coffee and all will right itself
    Mrs. E, you smell great today.
    Kewart, take care of that back. Sorry to hear it has gone out on you.

SL Daim Blond for me this morning.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone!

Kewart, I'm so sorry you got hurt! Rest and take care!!!!

It was so warm here over Christmas that our Pussy Willow trees were blooming.
    Tomorrow it's suppose to reach 40 degrees, unheard of for our area in January, I
    wish it could always be like this.

SotD is vintage Guerlain Vol de Nuit.

Have a great day!!

Grey Flannel

L'artisan Parfumes - Voleur de Roses .......just seems to suit the wind in London.
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Morning all! Day 2 back to work from holiday time off and I can't seem to find my mojo. SOtD is TF Violet Blonde. I smell great while I wait for coffee to kick in :-) Everyone have a great day!

Basenotes Institution

Chergui by Serge Lutens

When it's cold (like today in Miami) this stuff rocks!

joe - love the portrait of a 'lady' ((giggle))
    Evangeline - you smell GOOD!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Tonka Imperiale

(((kewart)))
    Evenstar

d4N13L, I love those Eau Sauvage ads. I think they're my favorites, too.

kewart, I'm so sorry about that disk! I hope you get better soon, poor baby! Ouch.

Joe, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    L'artisan Parfumes - Voleur de Roses .......just seems to suit the wind in London.
    I love the thought of that, wearing a scent to suit a certain wind.

Addicted2Pretty, you smell great!

Those of you blessed to have roses blooming in January, how lucky you are! There are trees budding and blooming in our neighborhood, too, though it has turned cold here the past couple of days.

I'm trying Guerlain's Quand Vient La Pluie this morning, thanks to a very kind Basenoter who sent me a sample. It's lovely.

Basenotes Plus

Kewart, hope you aren't laid up for too long. My best wishes for a quick recovery.

SotE - Roja Dove Unspoken.

Today is my birthday..*yawn*, who cares about birthdays after 29 really? LOL. My nose has been pretty messed up for a few weeks now due to severe drought/dryness where I live. It's bone dry..it's like I have sand in my mouth, it hurts to breathe really, so dry it's gags my throat, never thought that could happen from dryness..driest season on record here. It's been all about the humidifiers but as soon as I go outside, it's really like I have just put sand in my mouth. I have had to keep squirting this mouth moisture crud in my mouth..urgh. Scents just seem to irritate my already irritated nose. And forget any fumes with musk in there..very bad reaction to that lately. So, no scent for me today!(Doesn't mean I won't think about getting one though, hehehe.)..It usually snows on my b-day but it looks like it's going to be another warm, dry day. Here's praying for snow!!!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Poor kalli! That dry nose stuff is painful and so frustrating -- here's hoping it goes away soon. And Happy Birthday to you, all yawning aside!

((Kewart)) I hope your back gets better fast!

I loved your portrait of a lady, Petruccijc.

I'm in Dzing! for what is going to be, I fear, a long day. Take care, all.

Well, a cold is some birthday present, kalli! Happy birthday, hope you feel better soon!

You too, kewart, take good care of that back. I'm a back problem sufferer, too- my sympathies are with you!

No.5 Sensual Elixir today. I have a happy SA story about this one- was in Macy's awhile back purchasing this and a few other things. SA was quite interested; had never tried this particular concentration before on herself. Told her about it and basically sold it to her, then she says, "I need to make up a tester of this to set out, this would sell really well!" When I left, she was doing just that. I love it when SA's are receptive to fragrance conversation. What this girl lacked in training, she more than made up for in curiosity and enthusiasm.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, kalli!
    Sympathy on your dry nose! Every winter the air is so dry in our house. I keep a bottle of Simply Saline (saline without preservatives) next to my bed and use it nightly; it makes for more comfortable sleep and seems to carry over to the following day as well.

Kewart, I hope you start feeling better soon. There is nothing like back pain to put you out of commission. Sometimes an ice pack relieves pain more than heat does, although it is less comfortable to apply.

I took Mom to the surgeon today and the X-rays showed full bony union as I expected, but also a bit of osteoarthritis, which explains the continuing occasional pain she feels in the hip. She's been given the orders we sought for outpatient PT. So far, so good. Now if I can only get her to walk safely without having to be supervised 24/7!

While I was in the lobby of her seniors' apartment building I smelled orange blossom in the air near a group of people. I mentioned how good it smelled but all denied wearing perfume-- so now I'm wondering where the fragrance was coming from. anyway, that put me in the mood for orange blossom, so I have just applied my beloved L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger to see me thorough the afternoon.

Kalli, don't forget to drink water. I often forget. And what do you mean "yawn"???!!! HOORAY! It's your birthday!! No fun feeling unwell on your birthday, but I hope something nice happens today anyway.

Wore L'Air du Desert Morocain in the evening.

for swap/sale:

Poor kewart! I hope you will be on the mend soon!
    Happy Birthday, kalli!
    I had almost the same idea as Jon , but went for Roja Dove's Enslaved Parfum instead. It's a Habanita craving (to whose family Enslaved belongs) that's been building up.
    Best to all!

Dior
    Leather Oud

Get well soon Kewart and Kalli!

Mitsouko (EdP) tonight.

Best wishes to everyone.

Worn soft and gentle as I was being interviewed for a promotion. Went for JPG Classique X. Wished I'd worn what I felt like instead. Ambre Sultan but it would have risked offending the panel but I'd have felt confident. Didn't get it, bad day at the office I forgot my specs and couldn't read to do the last minute prep I'd planned. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail... Which I promptly did

summer means fireflys

I'm continuing with my Jo Malone samples ... today it is Vanilla and Anise. Not so great on me I'm afraid. Anise is a tricky note for me and I don't really care for it here. Oh well, you don't know if you don't try!

kewart, hope your back feels better soon!

Sending happy birthday wishes to kalli

Good afternoon!
    Magnolia Romana here, a good choice for Summer

Going to bed in Tuscan Leather. Good night.

Get well soon Kewart.
    Happy birthday Kali.

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, Kalli! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday Kalli - hope you feel better soon.

PS - I'm with you about the snow.

Happy Birthday Kalli and many refreshing returns!

Oh Kewart - I hope your back feels better soon!

Devilcat - you smell wonderful !

I'm wearing Bottega Veneta today.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KALLI!!!
    Pour Un Homme by Caron
    Gary

SotD: Mahora Guerlain
    SotE:Strip AP
    ...yesterday i was in Iris Pallida L'Artisan
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Aww, thanks guys, you are the best! I hope to be sniffing again soon
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Hey y'all -

I'm now in Donna Trussardi, vintage-90s edp. Have a good evening, everyone!

Now kalli - you feel better soon! And Happy Birthday, along with many fragrant returns of the day ...I'm even hoping you get the snow you're wishing for, just as long as you're not anywhere near me!

Editing to add "thanks so much!" to cello and mike! I mustn't take it for granted, so I couldn't forget to let you both know how appreciated and lovely your compliments are, especially in a place where everyone smells so divine! XOXO
    Last edited by Evangeline; 4th January 2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy birthday kalli!
    Sorry, alityke, about the interview. Hopefully it was not right for you anyway, and you will get another window opening for you soon.

Today Datura Blanche over Body Shop Moringa body butter. This is a pretty potent combo but delicious.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Havana Reserva tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Incense Intense by Andy Tauer for earlier today.

VISA for tonight.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy Birthday, Kalli!!!

My SotE: Byredo Seven Veils

Notes: Carrot, pimento berries (allspice), Tahitian vanilla flower, laurier rose (oleander), glycine (wisteria), tiger orchid, sandalwood, vanilla

Comments: The carrot is fun, but disappears fairly quickly. What is left is a lovely, sweet (but not too sweet for me) spicy-warm floral blend. It gives me the impression of carnations, and I love carnations!

Image: Gustave Moreau, Salome Dancing before Herod

SotE: L'eternal Feminin. Extrait version of the original Divine edp. LOVELY!! So glad I finally got this one.

Basenotes Member

Nothing until the mail came and my new bottle of L'Occitane's Immortelle arrived...yummy!
    Looking For - Guerlain Spiritueuese Double Vanille (full bottle, partial bottle, decant, anything), Profumum Roma Vanitas & Dulcis in Fundo, Farmacia SS Annunziata Cara

Basenotes Plus

..*yawn*, who cares about birthdays after 29 really? LOL

You better snap out of that mindset, Ms Kalli- think of the alternative to not having a new birthday! So Welcome and Many happy returns of the day!

Everyone smelled phenominal today!!

Sotd Ambre Narguille
    Sote Xeroff Esquel
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. It was 83 degrees fahrenheit today so I was in the mood for something fresh & spring-like.

Hillaire

Been on an Oro bender, ever since the KL thread.

This is for sure, my new best-bang-for-a-buck scent. It smells JUST like MDCI's Vepres Sicilliennes.