Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrances: Angel Aqua Chic and Alien Aqua Chic

From nstperfume.com:

Thierry Mugler will launch Angel Aqua Chic and Alien Aqua Chic in March. The new flankers for Angel and Alien have “redefined the realm of dewy freshness” with formulas based on hydrosols or “plant waters”.

Angel Aqua Chic ~ developed by perfumer Aurélien Guichard; the notes include cornflower water, pink pepper, lemon, patchouli and vanilla.

Alien Aqua Chic ~ developed by perfumer Dominique Ropion, with ginger water, verbena, freesia and woody amber.

Thierry Mugler Angel Aqua Chic and Alien Aqua Chic are available in Eau de Toilette Light, in 50 ml for Angel and 60 ml for Alien.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrances: Angel Aqua Chic and Alien Aqua Chic

Will be different from the sunessence line?

Well, those sound nice, I suppose, but I blind bought Angel Eau de Star, which is Angel with an annoying aquatic note (me no like), and so I'd feel a little trepidatious (is that a word?). Hopefully, these won't have that.

summer means fireflys

I kind of liked my sample of Eau de Star but hated the Angel Sunessence. You know I will have to try it!

Aquas? Why when Angel went in the face of Issey et al on it's release?

I tried both of these and I have to say that I like them.

I know some peoples thoughts over *another* flanker, but hey if it smells good.......

The Alien version, to me, has a crisp, wet, fresh gingery-green smell to it. It's definitely more dilute than the EDP, with this fresh hit to it. Angel Aqua Chic is further from the original in my opinion. It really reminds me of hot lemon meringue pie that has had a dusting of cocoa powder. It's sweet, fruity lemon with a hint of that Angel chocolate.

I like both, but as the Alien Aqua Chic isn't as far away from the original as the Angel one, that made up my mind. So, I bought two bottles of Angel Aqua Chic.

Anyhoo, the very pleasant lady in Debenhams and I were having a good chat about Mugler fragrances. She said that they have reduced the amount of alcohol in the Aqua Chic ETDs compared to "standard" EDTs. Apparently this is because the fragranced water added to alter the smell has substituted some of the alcohol. I haven't read this anywhere, but I suppose it's sense if you think about it.

Happy smelling!