Code of Conduct

Default Long lost Ecusson

I'm trying to work out if the Long Lost Perfume version of Ecusson, formerly by Jean d'Albret, is like the original. (Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place - first attempt at posting anything...) I bought something about ten years ago called Ecusson by Orlane, which was supposed to be the same perfume, but was very powdery and light and absolutely nothing like the elegant, fresh but woody fragrance I remembered. There are some vintage examples on Ebay in the original bottles, but will they still smell the same? Any advice about the Long Lost version, or the Orlane mystery, would be very much appreciated.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Long lost Ecusson

Welcome to Basenotes Delphinium- that's one of my favorite flowers.
    I'm not familiar with Ecusson but I have bought another scent from Long Lost Perfumes and found the quality to be very good. & a good reprroduction.
    eBay is hit or miss because it depends on how old the bottle is and how it was stored. If it's very vintage the topnotes might be off, but the heart and base OK. If you can pick one up for a reasonable price, go for it.

Perfume Intelligence database shows Ecusson's (1952) notes as A soft classical floral aldehyde edp with notes of violet leaves, geranium, Sicilian lemon, cassie absolute, ylang-ylang, carnation, rose, jasmine, iris, vetiver, oak moss, vanilla, sandalwood and musk. Discontinued (date unknown)

Long Lost Perfumes (1995) Re-launched of the above.Discontinued (date unknown)
    The Orlane version (1946) Discontinued (date unknown)

Good luck in finding scents you love! Sniff in good health!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Thanks Knit_at-nite. I think I'll probably risk the Long Lost reproduction, if I can find someone who'll ship to the UK, and let you know if it's any good.

Delphinium, Did you get the LLP Ecusson and was it like the original? This was my all-time favorite fragrance, at least it made a greater impression on me than anything has since, but I haven't smelled it since shortly after college. I would love to know it was available again, smelling like it did before, will surely order some if you say you were satisfied. Thanks.