Code of Conduct

Default SotD; 8 January 2012

Good morning!

Parfum d'Empire Azemour, from a sample.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Default Re: SotD; 8 January 2012

Good morning,
    This morning I have Habanita vintage EdT (from the stunning square Lalique bottle, prob. 1970s), the current EdT (maybe vintage again, because, if I recall well, I picked up somewhere that it was reformulated to something terrible) and finally the current Habanita extrait on my arms.
    I have to say that the vintage EdT is something harsh and cheap smelling until it settles down. Today's Habanita is a fair presentation to the original style. I much more prefer it. Today's EdT is noticeably sweeter and much more powdery than the extrait. The extrait is the way to go! I'm awaiting some old extrait, which I bought at a surprisingly low price (bottle looks great, almost no evaporation) - the French seller was only willing to ship to very few European countries, which fortunately included Austria.
    Best to all for a lovely Sunday!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Looks as though I'm the latest one to fall victim to something nasty - raging throat, shivers etc, etc. Think I need to fix myself a hot toddy ASAP.

Congratulations to rtamara41 on reaching an impressive milestone - thanks for being a great BNer

SotD is MFK Aqua Universalis Forte.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 8th January 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Good morning!

Oh dear - Get well soon, Jon!

SotM is Mouchoir de Monsieur - left arm current formulation, right arm slightly older formulation. I'm going out later to collect a couple of suits from the tailor (which I'm very excited about) and meet a friend. I'm leaning towards Ungaro II for the occasion.

I hope it is OK to post this here:
    Edit: Gone!

*freebie* (having a clear-out):
    - 9ml decant S.L. Encens et Lavande
    - 4ish ml decant P.G. Cadjméré
    - official sample S. L. Sa Majesté la Rose
    - samples of Serge Lutens lipsticks (they come on a card just like the wax perfume samples. Unused, obviously).

If anyone would like these (as a lot), please say and I'll pop them in the post next week

Best to all.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 8th January 2012 at 09:23 AM.

Good morning.

Vintage Santal Noble - Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier.

Get well soon Jon!
    Is this from partying too hard on your birthday? lol

for swap/sale:

Hello all. Crown Perfumery Eau de Russe.
    DONNA

Trying to appreciate Beyond Paradise this morning. Think it should be renamed "Beyond Alison" please can someone explain why this got 5*s? Up early to do grocery shop and see to Mum so I can wallow in FA Cup double bill this afternoon. Got ironing n packing to do and may well add something to the ironing spray to fragrance everything in the cases. Will be a pick me up when unpacking after 4 hrs in cargo

Angel Thierry Mugler

Jon, feel better soon!

Up early this AM, and have sprayed myself liberally with Chanel 28 La Pausa from my new jug. Off to do some house chores now, but I smell wonderful

Basenotes Plus

Oh no Jon! I hope you feel better soon.

Rtamara, big congrats and keep those posts coming!

Joining Cello in Chanel, heavenly No. 22 for me.

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Haven't decided yet, but popped on for some inspiration - Jon, you are sweet! Nothing quite says congratulations like fireworks!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Plus

Good Morning!

Jon, get well soon!
    Rtamara, congrats on reaching 4000!

SotD is Guerlain Bois d'Armenie, it's part of the L'Art et la Matiere line.
    Notes include incense, iris, pink pepper, precious woods, benzoin, coriander,
    Indonesian patchouli, white musk and copahu balsam (nst). I only have a little
    bit left of a sample from a dear BN friend. This is one I would definitely buy,
    actually it's number 1 on my wish list, just can't justify getting it right now.
    This is such a beautiful fragrance, soft woods, subdued incense and patchouli,
    I just love it!

That toddy sounds like a good plan, Jon! Get well soon!
    G, could you make room for me in your MdM marinade... I'm joining you this afternoon after a hot bath and some Aretha Franklin music. I decided to order another CD of hers... oh well, at 4 Euro something not big gambling.

Hope you are all having a lovely Sunday.

Oh Jon, what a shame. Rtamara, well done, you are a trooper.

Larimar, a hot bath and some music, the very dab!

G, enjoy your outing with friends.

Kiliwia, the Bois D'Armenie sounds lovely.

Treating myself to an easy easy day. The Tubereuse Criminelle today.

Larimar, I wonder why the lipstick samples were still unused? (Just kidding you, dear, none of my sniffing business though). I could use some, really. Looking for neutrals and non-plummy rather brown wines.

Eau Premiere today, joining our Chanel bunch.

Hi all. In Aromatics Elixir.

Oh dear Jon! Hope you feel better soon. Congrats rtamara! Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.

Oh well, bad Wolfie, you are mixing G. and myself up. HE !!! refused to try them. I wore mine to work with great success... :P

Congrats, rtamara! I for one am richer for your 4000 posts- keep them coming!

Oh, Jon, yuck.So sorry to hear you're feeling all punky. Feel better soon!

Well, I knew something was off with me all week and woke up in the night Fri. with something I haven't had for about a hundred years- the stomach flu! Feeling better now but still weak. Actually wanted some scent this morning but only a simple, pretty, clean one. Went with Cote Bastide Lilas (thanks 30R,it's really hitting the spot today!). Have never had a flu shot as I haven't caught the flu since I was a child but you better believe I'll get one from now on!

Have a good day,all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ralph Lauren Polo Crest this crisp morning

Congrats to Rtamara41 on 4000 posts!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good morning! I'm wearing Bouquet Blanc concrete parum (Anthropologie) while having coffee. A pretty, uncomplicated, straight up white floral that hits the spot when the mood strikes (which isn't very often for me). Lilly of the valley carried in the breeze, warm, Spring sun on my face...very pretty, and seems just right for a Sunday morning.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Lubin Inedite
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

good morning everybody. hope that all of you are having a good weekend.

Dior farenheit

Hello everyone!

Inspired by Hillaire's thread about it, I'm in Miss Dior Chérie edp this morning ...and another neglected beauty moves to the front!

Sending healing hugs to ((Jon)) and ((PerfumedLady)) - y'all feel better soon!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 8th January 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Richard James - Richard James

Feel better, ((Jon))!

Congratulations, Rtamara!

My SotD is Versace Signature for women. This is one of my favorite go-to easy to wear scents. I wore it to church this morning.

p.s. I'm so glad to see Miss Dior Chérie getting some love. ♥

Tabu again, I always seem to wear the same fragrance over a few days.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Moved on to current Jicky EdP (I need to finish that refill bottle, anyway and it pisses me totally off that this is called Jicky. So, I plan to drain that thing better sooner than later). Guerlain, you should be whipped heavily for what you are doing! Is there any civet in it at all or can you even measure such minute quantities?
    I figure this is Guerlain's approximation (a pleasant lavender and therefore fleeting) to Caron's legendary Pour un Homme, ergo for the woman, who can't by definition bring herself to wear a fragrance pour Homme. Don't even think of the price difference per ml if compared...

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Hermes Hiris.

Notes include orange flower, rose, coriander, iris, cedarwood, ambrette seeds and vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

New York by PdN.

Had time to play today, so one arm is Le Dix and the other is Badgely Mishka. I'm enjoying the show and actually the way they are meeting is kind of cool.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Prelude to Love by Kilian (sample).

And finally... Caron's Pour un Homme! This should do me and my lavender craving for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Oh well, bad Wolfie, you are mixing G. and myself up. HE !!! refused to try them. I wore mine to work with great success... :P
    Daaahhhhllliiiiinnnngggg, I was just thinking how the deep burgandy-red shade of mise à mort would really suit your complexion, hehehehehehe

Winding up the day in a sample of the not-too-taxing 28 la pausa (twinned with Cello!).

Take care everyone.

CONGRATULATIONS RTAMARA!!!
    Jil Sander Scent 79 Man
    Gary

((Jon)) feel better soon!

Congrats on reaching 4000 posts, Rtamara!!!

Scentless for now, other than yesterday's Oriental Flowers, which refuses to give up the ghost. Take care, all.

Blog Entries

Hugs to Jon and PerfumedLady-- hope you both feel better soon.

PerfumedLady, the flu shot will not prevent stomach viruses, which technically are not influenza. Are you absolutely sure it isn't food poisoning?

I am achey myself today, but it's just random joint aches-- thank goodness for ibuprofen. I'm wearing CB I Hate Perfume English Bluebell absolute.

Eden by Cacharel for today...i think it will be my tomorrow scent as well...a Sophia Grojsman 's wonderful creation
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing LAP Havana Vanille today. It's warm, booze-y, not-too-sweet vanilla goodness!

Get well soon wishes to the sickies out there and hugs to all ...

Hello BNers! Get well wishes to those feeling punky.

My SotD: Le Labo Labdanum 18, from a sample

Notes (lists vary): Cistus labdanum, civet, castoreum, musk aubepine, vanilla, birch tar, cinnamon, patchouli, gurjun balsam, tonka bean

Comments: Powdery, warm, comfort fragrance, but to my nose a little cloying. Sort of like Shalimar with fewer dimensions. Pretty nice, but it makes me want to open a window!

Image: By the Fireside Yorkshire and Scottish Terrier, by Robert Morley

I'm in Rochas Mystère for the evening. Have a good night everyone!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Congratulations rtamara!!

(((Jon)) Get well soon!

My Insolence for Lazying on a Sunday afternoon. I am almost embarrassed to admit that I like this. What's a girl to do, the nose wants what the nose wants.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post

Image: By the Fireside Yorkshire and Scottish Terrier, by Robert Morley
    Haunani, I looooove that picture! So sweet.

I'm sampling Parfumerie Générale Musc Maori (almost spelled that "Musc Mario" ) for the first time this evening. Well...Holy Choco Coco-Rico, Batman! I guess I'm a little tired of the sweeties after the holidays. This one is a scrubber for me at this time.

PdE Ambre Russe for the evening.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Finishing the day in Lanvin L'Homme
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon