Code of Conduct

Default KL Homme By Karl Lagerfield: Yay or Nay?

Hello all, I've found a few good prices on KL Homme on Ebay and it I wouldn't doubt that prices might just start increasing from this point on. When it comes to the oriental/animalic side of things, I love scents like Xeryus, Fahrenheit, By Man, Azzaro Pour Homme but detest the overly floral fragrances like Alfred Sung Homme and Quorum.
    Think I might enjoy this? Curiosity..

Default Re: KL Homme By Karl Lagerfield: Yay or Nay?

Im curious as well. I just read how he is a great fan of Dior Eau Noir which i have just discovered and like a lot which leads me to believe that the great coutierier must have great taste. The Kapsule range he produced a few years back goes for a good price on ebay and the perfumiers ( Buxton, Cresp ) are obviously well chosen but ive never tried any of his fragrances.

KLH is a bit more vanillic/sweet than Xeryus and has a clear castoreum note. I don't consider Quorum floral so perhaps we have different perceptions of these (or you consider lavender floral in this context). Also, if you hate aldehydes KLH might be a problem. I guess I think of it as a complex amber frag more than anything else. I have a 99% 2 ounce bottle for swap.

KL was a real departure in men's fragrance for its time when it came out. Sweeter and spicier than its contemporaries, with clear genetic ties to the original women's KL fragrance. In retrospect, it seems that Karl Lagerfeld's fascination with the 18th century was well expressed in these two fragrances. If a comparison for the men's frag is sought, I'd suggest Opium pour Homme.

This was the only one in the line that I thought was good.

Yay for me.....Gary

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

A big fat YAY for me.

For a good idea of the smell, sample Jovan's Sex Appeal. KLH is a much refined and deeper SA.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Yay for me too! I find it more similar to the ladies version of Opium, rather than the men's. It also shares similarities with Aramis - JHL. To date it is the heaviest fragrance in my wardrobe, and there are quite a few contenders for this title sitting there

For me, nay,

but according to the scent preferences of the thread starter, most likely an appropriate choice, since it's consistent with the other scents of choice mentioned