Code of Conduct
    Hillaire

Default Miss Dior Cherie: Help Me Identify Which is Which, Please...

So many bottle styles!
    And I realize the newer versions are watered down and a little tea-like. I actually have a 30ml of what I think is the latest eau de parfum. It looks like this one:

BUT, it's the wrong scent; it's the good, old, original stuff I am trying to find. I recall it totally, but I never bought a bottle of it back five-ish years ago, though it excited me. It was thickly tart-sweet on top, and the butter note was downright... well, buttery. It dried to a gourmandish caramel and not the fresh, green tea thing the one I have does.
    So, what bottle/box do I need to look for?

Also, while I crave the original, I do indeed like the freshness of the new version, and it's probably a more accessible scent, so I am glad I have it for daily wear. And I even like the L'eau. I must admit, I am curious to try other flankers/ versions, too. Any recommendations as to which ones are especially nice? The Couture one has tangerines I think? (I LOVE tangerines.) Yet another is a straight up floral with freesia, which I also enjoy.

Any advice on this little line would be helpful (Duckie, can you hear me?). The Dior expanse and history of changes scares me a little.

Default Re: Miss Dior Cherie: Help Me Identify Which is Which, Please...

That looks like the 2005 version to me! (Popcorn/Strawberry notes).

The 2011 version has a white label with the words Miss Dior Cherie. The new, 2012 Version Simply says "Miss Dior"

Hope this helps!

I would also like to hear about this, as I am thinking of getting an original version of Miss Dior Cherie.

After a quick look at the various versions and associated photos of this at Fragrantica, I'd say that the bottle in Hillaire's initial post looks exceedingly similar to that of the original version. This is assuming that the corresponding photos on Fragrantica are correct.

One version, perhaps the 2007 reformulation, has a paper label while on the original the name appears to be written directly on the glass. Then comes an even later version with a bottle like the original. Are there also EDT versions and EDP versions which might have different packaging?

So confusing. Hoping someone can help!

Hillaire

Okay, I have looked around, and I think it is the original, with writing on the bottle, not a label; I am such a BOZO; mine actually has a label, but I thought I recognized it as the right one on Google images. This just goes to show HOW frustrating the numerous bottles that look so much alike are! I also looked at the versions as illustrated on Fragrantica, and I figure the same as you, noggs. BTW, the one I have ACTUALLY looks like this:

So, yes. Let's buy this one, noggs. (But please chime in with more info, if you have it.)

Hillaire

Noggs, I also found this on ebay. She claims it's authentic and the original formula. I bought one.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/320734750104...#ht_500wt_1054

Hello...
    Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau is not only different from the mainstream brands, but it's unique within the Dior range, I find. Don't expect this to smell like the other Cheries, because it doesn't. While the others are warm and sweet, this is fresh and sweet/tangy and invigorating. It will certainly put you in a good mood. I just can't get enough of it - in fact, I plan on purchasing another bottle soon, before it's no longer available.

Thanks,
    Andrea

Hillaire

Andrea, I agree, L'Eau is great.

Alright, an update. I just received the bottle I referenced above, from the e-bay seller. And all I can say, is. "Thank Goodness!".
    It's a huge relief it's the one I actually remember, and it does my memory justice. The bottle, too, is very heavy and nice, I think heavier than the new one.

As it dries down, I am getting lots of the relatively-modern, deeper, fruity chypre nuances that I realize are already gone forever, the same, almost creamy ones that are present in Gucci Rush and Gucci Envy.

This scent is a treasure, and a masterpiece. I am planning to buy more of it, I am so pleased.